What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Botts is right, it's normal for a small town southern baptist church. Although, I do find it annoying at times. This time I got a wee bit upset over it. Oh well, it will blow over or it blow over.

Some of this church stuff can be so cheesy and fake it's comical. Other times it's exciting. I was told that being a Christian isn't something you do, it's who you are. So I took that to think maybe she was questioning my faith a little.

Maybe I need a little me time to sleep in during the morning might do me some good.

Small towns...people are notorious about meddling into other people's business.....and seems they know more about you than you know urself!....Which reminds me of the IRS...(or the "Infernal" Revenue Service)....(not Internal)....But big cities can be the same way too. I've had many "ladies" from the Church coming to my home over and over, asking me why I had not shown up in Church again....really put me on the spot...hence, the real reason was I didn't like that Church, but I kept saying..."I'll try to attend next Sunday"....

Ohhhhhhhhh small town. That explains a lot. Everything in a small town involves large amounts of meddling. I am not a fan of small towns.

Me neither...the Deaf community, whom I love, is bad enough with the meddling issues. LOL!

Me neither...the Deaf community, whom I love, is bad enough with the meddling issues. LOL!

You said it!....(and lots to be said there about that)...or as Forrest Gump said..."That's all I got to say about that"!

My town is smaller than most NYC city blocks by population. That's how small it is.

You said it!....(and lots to be said there about that)...or as Forrest Gump said..."That's all I got to say about that"!

However, despite all the meddling, it really goes back to the individual on how well they can handle it. I have learned to handle it pretty well to the point where it is not a big problem for me and where I really can enjoy being a member of the Deaf community. it all takes understanding that all communities have their own share of problems and the Deaf community isnt an exception. One who thinks it should be is in for a disappointment.

Dixie, I'm sorry to hear that.

As I see it, going to a worship service and being part of a particular community of like-minded believers has two parts to it: one is one's personal faith, and how the religious teachings guide you to live, and if those teachings make sense to you and help you, and the second part is the people there.

People are fallible. They just are. Sometimes people will speak when they shouldn't, and sometimes they'll be quiet when they should speak up. Sometimes they will help and support you, and sometimes their criticisms will be unfair and hurtful.

If you can take what is good and helpful to you about your church, and at the same time try to look at comments like the pastor's wife with a certain grain of salt, maybe you can still feel the support and helpfulness from other people there. Or even from her, again, if she has been helpful to you in the past.

You don't have to justify yourself to her. Your life is your own, and what decisions you make about your personal life you come to for your own reasons. You could just take the high road, and if she says anything, just thank her for her concern and tell her you're fine, thanks. She doesn't need to know more than that.

Ohhhhhhhhh small town. That explains a lot. Everything in a small town involves large amounts of meddling. I am not a fan of small towns.

I live on a rural road in between two very tiny towns. My Mom lives next door, but it's through the woods. Her 'cross the street neighbor sits at her window with binoculars. She asked my mother to cut down one of the trees in front of her house so she could see the front door of my mom's house better.

:jaw::

I live on a rural road in between two very tiny towns. My Mom lives next door, but it's through the woods. Her 'cross the street neighbor sits at her window with binoculars. She asked my mother to cut down one of the trees in front of her house so she could see the front door of my mom's house better.

:shock:

Started telling me how I needed to keep God as my focus and that I am putting myself in a place where Satan can tempt my weakness just because I was caught hanging out with my ex-gf at Walmart by the church secretary. Then she says that I'm misunderstanding her. I just texted her back and said you know what, I get it. I'm not a good enough Christian for you. Fine whatever, I can leave and go somewhere else. Then she texted back apologizing and so forth.

How do you even respond to that??? Geez.

Extremely manipulative behavior. You really need to get the hell out of dodge and eliminate all these negative influences from your life.

That's just creepy!

Weird!

Im chuckling and thinking they're pulling same ole' cheapshot tactic - if you don't like the thread, simply hijack it till it gets closed.

Smells like fear. Ssssshhhhh

Bought a pair of binoculars awhile back myself. But I don't spy on my neighbors tho'....just the dock....:giggle:...people do alllll kinds of stuff on the dock. But seriously people who use bincoulars to spy on other people really don't have much of a life. It would make me extremely angry if I knew someone was "watching me"...

There was this little old lady that lived in a small trailer next to my grandmothers house and you could look through the back door and see this little old lady standing in her bathroom window peering into my grandmother's house with a pair of binoculars. If the little old lady saw a new car in the driveway or a person she had never seen before would go into the house, she would immediately call my grandmother on the phone to call and 'just check on her to make sure everything was alright'. Even my grandmother felt this was creepy.

The little old lady fell and broke her hip so she had to be moved into a nursing home so my aunt bought the old lady's property and trailer and had the trailer hauled off. I found out later that the old lady had a stroke in the nursing home and died.

:hmm: Maybe I need to buy a pair of binoculars. I'm a lonely old lady. I was feeling like an old lady this morning when I went to the mall to walk before the stores opened. There were a few older couples/singles walking before the mall got crowded.

QUOTE=LoveBlue;2026225]:hmm: Maybe I need to buy a pair of binoculars. I'm a lonely old lady. I was feeling like an old lady this morning when I went to the mall to walk before the stores opened. There were a few older couples/singles walking before the mall got crowded.[/QUOTE]

:giggle:

I am thinking I really wanted the Pats to win. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back