What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do scholarship applications ask questions about things you won't know till after you have to send in the applications?
Tuition/Room & Board costs...2012-2013's won't be announced till sometime in the summer. Though the information packet my daughter received shows the 2011-2012 costs and indicate the costs usually go up 5-9%. So I used 7% to estimate the those costs. Of course, there are other costs....
What are you going to use to finance your education and where will you get this from (scholarships/student loans) and how much will you have to pay? Well, let's see. She won't get the financial aid packet from the college till after the applicaitons have to be mailed. She won't hear back from the scholarships she's applying any sooner. So she has no idea how much student loan she'll need to take out and from whom.
We do have my EFC (the portion that I SHOULD be able to contribute), but I'm writing a letter to the college to let them know of special circumstances that were not calculated into the EFC, so hopefully she'll get more Fin Aid from the college.

I've been told that our state university (which is where she's going) is committed to minimizing how much debt their in-state students have when they graduate. I was told it's about $18,000 max debt.

My daughter will also have the opportunity to work either at the college or at any of the state hospitals (she's going for nursing) to help pay her tuition. However, she's did her nurse tech clincals at one or two of the facilitiese and is hesitant about working two or more years at them.

My sentiments.....I'll be going thru the same thing in 2 years with my "baby", and know it's gotta be mind-boggling....

Knowing my students, they probably would. They always take advantage of new people who work with them. They are too smart for their own good sometimes. lol

My students WILL. WILL. *nod*

LOL!

That I've got to go to a funeral today. For somebody I don't know or had met, but the honey wants to go. I will always go to support him. :) After that, the rest of the day is M.I.N.E. !!

Thinking how much i don't like the gloomy grey skies right now. Good thing the neighbor got his window replaced this morning while we still had sun.

Am thinking about this ear ache...and just saw the doctor yesterday....took some Excedrin, and just ignore it and finish up with dinner.

finding a girlfriend

I haven't had any luck in the hearing community as the women I have asked out have turned me down. They have no patience for a hearing-impaired guy or just want to use me for transportation. Been years since I have had a real, in-person girlfriend...

I am thinking about skipping church again as the pastor's wife as made me upset..... UGH.

What did she do?

Started telling me how I needed to keep God as my focus and that I am putting myself in a place where Satan can tempt my weakness just because I was caught hanging out with my ex-gf at Walmart by the church secretary. Then she says that I'm misunderstanding her. I just texted her back and said you know what, I get it. I'm not a good enough Christian for you. Fine whatever, I can leave and go somewhere else. Then she texted back apologizing and so forth.

How do you even respond to that??? Geez.

Started telling me how I needed to keep God as my focus and that I am putting myself in a place where Satan can tempt my weakness just because I was caught hanging out with my ex-gf at Walmart by the church secretary. Then she says that I'm misunderstanding her. I just texted her back and said you know what, I get it. I'm not a good enough Christian for you. Fine whatever, I can leave and go somewhere else. Then she texted back apologizing and so forth.

That is why I dont do religion..to me it is about the constant need to justify your actions and livng to the way they consider is right not the way I want to. I learned that a long long time ago when I was around 10 when I joined my best friend to her Catholic church. The priest told me that I need to come to church more often to wash away the "bad" in me ...at that young age, I knew I wasnt bad so in my mind, I was like "f**ck you, asshole..you are not gonna tell me what I can or cant do." since then, never gone back to church. I already knew that I was a good person and I knew I didnt need to be felt bad for not going to church. Looking back, I still believe it. I dont kill anyone, pay my taxes, be there for my children, work very hard, and do what I can do to run a good household so I dont need busybodies telling me how I should live my life just because I dont go to church. I feel that if God loves everyone so much, they should do the same regardless....

Was she telling you out of love, or just to meddle in your business? It's nice if people tell you when you are doing something that they think might be a problem for you later... though I'm always annoyed when they tell me lol

I hate meddlers though. They should really get their own lives and stay the heck out of mine!!!!!

That is why I dont do religion..to me it is about the constant need to justify your actions and livng to the way they consider is right not the way I want to. I learned that a long long time ago when I was around 10 when I joined my best friend to her Catholic church. The priest told me that I need to come to church more often to wash away the "bad" in me ...at that young age, I knew I wasnt bad so in my mind, I was like "f**ck you, asshole..you are not gonna tell me what I can or cant do." since then, never gone back to church. I already knew that I was a good person and I knew I didnt need to be felt bad for not going to church. Looking back, I still believe it. I dont kill anyone, pay my taxes, be there for my children, work very hard, and do what I can do to run a good household so I dont need busybodies telling me how I should live my life just because I dont go to church. I feel that if God loves everyone so much, they should do the same regardless....

Exactly. Let your actions speak for themselves.

they all claim telling you out of love, some have other motives behind that.

I have a feeling that if i skip tomorrow, I'll be getting a text from the pastor. I could ignore both for 2-3 days but that would just be plain mean on my part.

Was she telling you out of love, or just to meddle in your business? It's nice if people tell you when you are doing something that they think might be a problem for you later... though I'm always annoyed when they tell me lol

I hate meddlers though. They should really get their own lives and stay the heck out of mine!!!!!

That is how I see in those Bible Thumpers...

I have many friends, one of them Dixie and a few others, who are religious but who are not Bible Thumpers whom I love and respect. The others, all I can say is, "Stay out of my business! "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back