Watch your debit card!!!

Well i thought this would be a nice thing for you to know of, I had my ATM lost, and my only drivers licence lost at one time, And i was like where did it go?? i knew i had just purchased my goercy stuff there was a preist a couple poeple behind me, and so to make this short apparently the wallet i had dropped and then that time only have my drivers licence and my atm card in there and rest was at home as i didn't want to carry so much cards on me, anyhow i had already arrievd home and mom said there's phone call from the bank im like wtf? So was told to come down to the bank downtown, and i went down there only to find out my card was missing and a preist took the time out to go to the bank and give my card back and i was relived but policy for my bank was to cancel it and report it lost, So i got a new card within 2 weeks and i was soo pleased they decided to do that i went from classic card to a gold platium card with no intrest on it i was like whoa dayum, at least nothing bad will happen cuz now my card is insured and i won't EVER have to worry abt any loss once i see it's missing i report it to my bank via online and they automatically shut the atm down so it will not work within 1 hr of its missing im lucky for that it deffy sucks to lose or have it stolen!

Fly Free said:
Cheri -- they just want an easy ride in life but theyll get sloppy eventually and get caught then land themselves into lock up -- it also usually means theyre career criminals especially when they know how to rip ppl off professionally and dont give a damn abt the vics

its always wise to CARRY the purse with u at store even at grocery stores and keep it CLOSED (zip it or button it up depending on style ofc) and keep in front of u while shopping -- i imagine its annoying but hell better safe than sowwy right q

Right Hun.. I agree... Better safe than sorry.. I learned my mistakes and hope never repeats it again. *smile*

That really sucks big time having debit cards stolen that way. :fu2:

Although that hasn't happened to me yet -- *knocking on wood* I've always been so paranoid about my purse being stolen and so forth as I always keep my purse close to my body and the strap around my neck and over one arm -- in order to prevent anyone from grabbing it easily off me.

Really am sorry and sure hope you both (matty and annie) are OK -- :grouphug:

Prostock, Im sorry about what happen to you. I wonder about your bank --which it have a timer for atm or any kind of card (in machine)? -- One time about last year when i chatted with my friend. I remembered I withdrew and my atm card didnt come out because I delayed to respond back and it ate my card so it looks like it has a timer. I hope bank will give you some money or whole back. That was pretty a lot --which it hurts. I knwo it is no fun --For instance, whole money --you will need to use them for your bills, gas, foods, rents, and etc... I hope you d be able to find those people who were using your atm and they should pay you back. They should know better than that. If that card wasnt theirs and they could give it to you or turn it in the bank and bank will take care of it.

I wonder how can they take your money out at once? like approx 800 -- with pin number? I thought it will allow anyone to withdraw up to 300 bucks?

eternity said:
I wonder how can they take your money out at once? like approx 800 -- with pin number? I thought it will allow anyone to withdraw up to 300 bucks?

It depends on the bank....

for example: Bank A will allow ATM w/d's at once for 300 bucks

Bank B will allow 500 bucks at the same transaction.

It haven't happened to me yet *knock on wood* but whenever I slide my card and about to enter my pin number I always put my hand on side to cover not let them to see what pin # I enter...like my left hand block the view and my shoulder block on right so they can't see it...I always do that. I don't trust them....

prostock19 said:
One thing to protect yourself. Instead of signing, write "SEE ID" so that they have to check your ID. That is if the cashier knows how to read or isn't too lazy to look at it.
all of my credit cards or debit cards says "SEE ID" on back... but.. u know.. most stores don't look at the signture on back of card... .. also other problem besides that is.. some cashier or store force customers to charge themself on self-charge system.. so the cashier don't have to do it themself.. that's biggest concern for me.. since they don't check signtures if customers use self-charge system..

I'm so sorry about these sad happenings, sigh.. I am getting
little confused now cuz I was reading this whole thread and
i thought that "debit card" is same thing as "ATM card" and
"check card" RIGHT ?

Y said:
I'm so sorry about these sad happenings, sigh.. I am getting
little confused now cuz I was reading this whole thread and
i thought that "debit card" is same thing as "ATM card" and
"check card" RIGHT ?

ATM card is just for the atm machine only. Check card is what you use to purchase something. Bank card or debit card is both ATM card and Check card.

Yes debit card is the same thing as ATM card and check card

Last edited:
Make sure you tell me when you find out who did it. We just need to meet the person and scare the crap out of em or something, not even talk to them just stand there staring at them while they look up at us and let em know that when they mess with one brother they mess with both of em :).

Last edited:
Back