Tmobile fail?

Hi,

My gf have her sidekick 2008, She did emailed me few times with attachment pix for 4 or 5 times sent already to me, I told her nope...no emails at all, She feel upset and pissed off, I told her maybe service is down, She said damn sk and will plan to get new BB when her contact is expired, I have my BB 8900, It's nicer than 8330 series.

I feel sorry for her. :giggle:

dg

Honestly, in the 5 or so years I have had a SK, I never really had serious problems with it. Only a few times...one being when Hurricane Isabella hit MD in 2004 causing service to go out, a few times when it went out for a few hours and then this one. I cant complain.

I have fond memories with my sidekicks'. I took it with me to different events. Its just not a phone, its got memories behind it :) I am weird lol With my SK2 it met Jay Leno :)

1) yES, You are accurate!

2) Ha, No Apple doesn't offer the data plan for iTouch. But apple allow customers using iTouch by wifi for purpose.

3) Unless you go airplane, coffee shop, others provide wifi as hotspot, or your friend's house has wifi router, itouch would be running as browser, maps, others.. at work, if boss provide you pwd for acess wifi, its up to boss. Remember that itouch actually is reliable on wifi range only.

4) Remember that they are different hardware, but the same OS runnings. ;)

iPhone running data plans, text msg, phone service and iTouch had lack of data plan/ text msg/phone svc offers, but being dependable on wifi range.

get it?

someone can correct me if i am wrong?
iPhone and iTouch run the same OS, except that iPhone has cellular hardware added, that's all.

You're saying that iTouch would not work unless I'm within wireless/wifi range? It is not like I can use it anywhere? :confused: I have wireless router at home. But if I go somewhere, like at work or something, it wouldn't work? As far as I know, iTouch and iPhone are same thing except iTouch does not have phone and camera (no text messaging).

It seems like a lot of people are voting for Blackberry. Although, I agreed some people may not be comfortable with its tiny keyboard. I am nervous about it because I'm so use the Sidekick keyboard, and I like how I can type without looking. (I have Sidekick iD)
The iPod Touch does not use 3G or phone services. It's like a laptop with a wifi network card. It only works where there's wifi.

Basically, the iPod Touch is like an iPhone, but without the phone service. :)

I tried to sign in to my sidekick but the password I was given doesn't work and it's driving me nuts!

Someone told me that Danger and Mircosoft still work to be restored in one week. They are stupid to take waste time. You should buy Blackberry drive or other device.

I thought mine was broken because I haven't gotten any emails or was allow to connected to my web browsing since Friday, then all of the sudden, I got a message from T-mobile about restoring my service and had sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and how I would need an user's name and password to sign in, I was like :confused: What are you talking about? lol

So I signed in, it kept getting a message that the password was invalid. I'm like no it isn't!!, so I called T-mobile and had informed me that I would have to keep trying every 2 to 3 hours, I've tried for 4 hours and there was a point where I was getting so frustrated, finally within a hour later after many tries, I finally got signed in successfully. Thanks goodness.

And oh by the way, they credited my account so I get a free month of T-mobile service on my sk for the entire month of October ;)

I think it's been 6 days for me without using email and continues to be. anyone of you who get it back on? I feel OK so far. I don't have any withdrawal symptom from the server being down. :D Oh well. lol! Ok i lied, i just like to see this server comes back in one piece.

My SK is finally back on but all my info is gone, including (Address Book with Photo Caller ID) contacts. :mad2:

opps, my mistake, it's been 5 days for me. Sosie, i think it will come back on everything eventually. My cellphone does not come on back.

Well, I hope so but I will stop by at TMobile store to find out what's up with my SK's info after work. So, stay tuned.

I thought mine was broken because I haven't gotten any emails or was allow to connected to my web browsing since Friday, then all of the sudden, I got a message from T-mobile about restoring my service and had sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and how I would need an user's name and password to sign in, I was like :confused: What are you talking about? lol

So I signed in, it kept getting a message that the password was invalid. I'm like no it isn't!!, so I called T-mobile and had informed me that I would have to keep trying every 2 to 3 hours, I've tried for 4 hours and there was a point where I was getting so frustrated, finally within a hour later after many tries, I finally got signed in successfully. Thanks goodness.

And oh by the way, they credited my account so I get a free month of T-mobile service on my sk for the entire month of October ;)

Your user name is your tmail addy with that @tmail.com and your password.

I got a text message with that information. A friend of mine, is having the same experience as you are. He said, Tmobile rejected him :(

My SK is finally back on but all my info is gone, including (Address Book with Photo Caller ID) contacts. :mad2:

Everything will come back eventually.

Sometimes, you have to reboot your Sidekick to make everything come back.

My friend in Wisconsin lost all emails, address book and etc. when the service was restored today, too. :(

It seems that they're slowly restoring the service.

Right now, the internet browser should be working. Next will be instant messaging. The rest will follow eventually.

I had to take the battery out and oops there my contact info and everything are gone.

But, not to worry about that now. Once Danger Inc has the services restored, everything including your contact info will come back. Danger has all of our info stored in the backened servers. Have patience. :)

odd, tmail emails cannot be accessed through the computer. Taking out and back the SIM card still doesn't work.

It isn't coming back on yet. I did call tmobile today to see if they know when will it comes back on. they told me that they are still working on it and no way to know when it will come back on. so maybe one week like someone else mentioned in this forum. lol. i just left my cellphone alone and i use text message as backs up.

Sidekick customers, during this service disruption, please DO NOT remove your battery, reset your Sidekick, or allow your device to lose power.

They are giving Sidekick users a month credit for the outage.

Please read the official news from T-Mobile USA:

Sidekick? - T-Mobile Forums

Back