Tmobile fail?

I have same issue here!! I planning to order a Blackberry curve 8900 next month because i can't deal with it! I really, really sick of bad signal and not able to contact with my wife and family! So i trying to find good coverage where i go to college to home and trying to find a job if i need to contact with my manager! Fuck Sidekick!

I got Blackberry 8900 and I am using Wi-Fi through the Internet via my friend's DSL access to connect to T-Mobile's UMA (Unlicensed Mobile Access) known as GAN (Generic Access Network) server that where T-Mobile's GSM/GPRS/EDGE tower (Cellular tower) isn't available area or heavy material building to block access to T-Mobile's GSM/GPRS/EDGE signal and look up for Open Wi-Fi or if you want to access Wi-Fi WEP or WPA (Secured Wi-Fi), you ask permission owner who own Wi-Fi service to get WEP/WPA Passcode key to allow enable to secured access to the Internet.

I was used UMA access to able to receive SMS and MMS to my blackberry

weird! I got a text message from tmobile message using my email address and my password telling me that they sincerely apologize for any inconveneince this may have caused me.

that is weird to see that they know my password.

weird! I got a text message from tmobile message using my email address and my password telling me that they sincerely apologize for any inconveneince this may have caused me.

I got the same quotes from it as urs.

I think they should make a refund some money to T-Mobile users. I heard one guy got fired from his work due to no communication with his boss. It wasn't his fault.

Like in a movie theatre, when you see the film is broken, had to make customers wait for 5-10 minutes for employer to switch the film tape to continue the movie. At the end, employer pass out the free movie tickets to customers. Any opinions? :)

Sorry to hear about your "friend" but he should use his common sense if he has a difficult time reaching his boss, why not use his computer or stop by at the store (or stop by at the gas station) asking for a help. I am sure that they will be more than glad to call his boss for him, to let them know that his pager breaks down, etc. Like I did in the past!
I have no problem with that.

Yea, I saw blue light flashing on my cellphone, I checked the SMS messages excatly same.. possibility they will refund to the customers during outages.

Same here.
My SK is still down!!! Grrrrr...
My boss said it's OK for me to use BB. Yay!!!

Someone told me the service will be on Oct 13th, is this true? I tried to call Tmo but no luck their phone is whacked.

I called the two tmobile today. One representative said it should be resorted today and the other representative said that he doesn't know when. I assume you guys wonder why i called twice. Actually, one for me and one for my hubby that he has no time to call tmobile.

It's 1 pm. My sk's service is still DOWWNNNNN.. :ugh2:

:laugh2:I hear you. Someone told me Oct 13th the SK service will be back:roll: Sure , hope that is not true.

Last edited:
T-Mobile is not down expect Sidekicks. The same problem as my friends' sidekicks user down. They are not happy with it. They decided to get blackberry for good! Sidekick don't have WIFI! That's suck! I hate sidekick since I had sidekick one. It's shitty! I love my blackberry curve!!!! My blackberry is from T-mobile company. I have no problem with AIM, Internet and emails. It's working fine!

I offer you guys get blackberry. Because the sidekick don't have WIFI and always have problem that often.

In bold, that's right and I had been worst experience with BB from att due RIM was down so few time per week so I went to other carrier and no problem so far.
Dude, I am glad to hear that you are happy with different carrier. ;)

What about using iTouch? It is like iPhone, but w/o a phone, and should be cheaper than using iPhone.... Or am I wrong?
it seems no one reply your post about question of itouch.

Here is the answer: Yes, Unless you have own wireless router, then you can using itouch such as browser, others via wifi. I think it is free.. ;)

I got Blackberry 8900 and I am using Wi-Fi through the Internet via my friend's DSL access to connect to T-Mobile's UMA (Unlicensed Mobile Access) known as GAN (Generic Access Network) server that where T-Mobile's GSM/GPRS/EDGE tower (Cellular tower) isn't available area or heavy material building to block access to T-Mobile's GSM/GPRS/EDGE signal and look up for Open Wi-Fi or if you want to access Wi-Fi WEP or WPA (Secured Wi-Fi), you ask permission owner who own Wi-Fi service to get WEP/WPA Passcode key to allow enable to secured access to the Internet.

I was used UMA access to able to receive SMS and MMS to my blackberry
Yeah Hi-Tech BB is my most fav, because wifi really save me from huge headache if out of range or something else like down.. Plus you can go starbuck or kinko provide wifi hotspot for BB users too, did you know that? :D

T-Mobile is not down expect Sidekicks. The same problem as my friends' sidekicks user down. They are not happy with it. They decided to get blackberry for good! Sidekick don't have WIFI! That's suck! I hate sidekick since I had sidekick one. It's shitty! I love my blackberry curve!!!! My blackberry is from T-mobile company. I have no problem with AIM, Internet and emails. It's working fine!

I offer you guys get blackberry. Because the sidekick don't have WIFI and always have problem that often.
Yeah... I do still loyal to sidekick. but sidekick has some missing features such as wifi, apps, on list you named.

Remember that Blackberry is not for everyone if some peoples feel discomfort with BB's keyboard or other... But I glad that BB is for me!

I predict that sidekick series will be out of market, someday.. its sort the outdated or lack of technology device.

Some people arent fortunate to be able to afford a new phone.

it seems no one reply your post about question of itouch.
Here is the answer: Yes, Unless you have own wireless router, then you can using itouch such as browser, others via wifi. I think it is free.. ;)

I predict that sidekick series will be out of market, someday.. its sort the outdated or lack of technology device.

You're saying that iTouch would not work unless I'm within wireless/wifi range? It is not like I can use it anywhere? :confused: I have wireless router at home. But if I go somewhere, like at work or something, it wouldn't work? As far as I know, iTouch and iPhone are same thing except iTouch does not have phone and camera (no text messaging).

It seems like a lot of people are voting for Blackberry. Although, I agreed some people may not be comfortable with its tiny keyboard. I am nervous about it because I'm so use the Sidekick keyboard, and I like how I can type without looking. (I have Sidekick iD)

You're saying that iTouch would not work unless I'm within wireless/wifi range? It is not like I can use it anywhere? :confused: I have wireless router at home. But if I go somewhere, like at work or something, it wouldn't work? As far as I know, iTouch and iPhone are same thing except iTouch does not have phone and camera (no text messaging).

It seems like a lot of people are voting for Blackberry. Although, I agreed some people may not be comfortable with its tiny keyboard. I am nervous about it because I'm so use the Sidekick keyboard, and I like how I can type without looking. (I have Sidekick iD)

Yes , you are right about the iTouch because a student couldn't get it to work outside of her home. You have to be near the base area to have it working.

My SK is back on , let's see how long it lasts?

The blackberry with keyboards are not real smallest. Did you go to T-Mobile or Verizon wireless or AT&T to play with blackberry's keypads in a person??? I used with blackberry curve's keyboards. I have no problem. Iphone will be my next. :)

Honestly, in the 5 or so years I have had a SK, I never really had serious problems with it. Only a few times...one being when Hurricane Isabella hit MD in 2004 causing service to go out, a few times when it went out for a few hours and then this one. I cant complain.

1) You're saying that iTouch would not work unless I'm within wireless/wifi range? 2) It is not like I can use it anywhere? :confused: I have wireless router at home. 3) But if I go somewhere, like at work or something, it wouldn't work? 4) As far as I know, iTouch and iPhone are same thing except iTouch does not have phone and camera (no text messaging).

1) yES, You are accurate!

2) Ha, No Apple doesn't offer the data plan for iTouch. But apple allow customers using iTouch by wifi for purpose.

3) Unless you go airplane, coffee shop, others provide wifi as hotspot, or your friend's house has wifi router, itouch would be running as browser, maps, others.. at work, if boss provide you pwd for acess wifi, its up to boss. Remember that itouch actually is reliable on wifi range only.

4) Remember that they are different hardware, but the same OS runnings. ;)

iPhone running data plans, text msg, phone service and iTouch had lack of data plan/ text msg/phone svc offers, but being dependable on wifi range.

get it?

someone can correct me if i am wrong?

Back