There's never any privacy for Deaf people.

What's really embarrassing, as a deaf bloke, is to stride in assuming that the bathroom is empty and have the zip down and the <insert whatever word you use for male part> out ready for action only to find that somebody's already in there :Oops:

I've had that happen a lot more than someone walking in on me, although I'm a girl, LOL But it's embarrassing to walk in on anyone.

As far as someone walking in on me, I did have that problem once. It was while I was living with a friend of mine. She seemed to think that since I could not observe the normal way of responding to a knock, it made it OK to just barge in, and she did it often while I was in the tub taking a bath which is far worse than on the toilet. UGH. I KNOW I locked the door too, so she was unlocking it somehow. Thankfully I don't live with her anymore.

How big a bathroom do you have that you could walk in, unzip, and THEN discover someone else already there??

I would imagine, like most guys I know, he starts unzipping before he even reaches the bathroom. :P the guy I live with likes to have his fire hose in hand and ready to go by the time he reaches the door way. LOL

I've had that happen a lot more than someone walking in on me, although I'm a girl, LOL But it's embarrassing to walk in on anyone.

As far as someone walking in on me, I did have that problem once. It was while I was living with a friend of mine. She seemed to think that since I could not observe the normal way of responding to a knock, it made it OK to just barge in, and she did it often while I was in the tub taking a bath which is far worse than on the toilet. UGH. I KNOW I locked the door too, so she was unlocking it somehow. Thankfully I don't live with her anymore.

She use to UNLOCK the door? That was really, really rude. I'm glad you don't live with her anymore.

Seriously??? This, I never heard! (About getting "fire hose" out ready for business before entering bathroom.)

My husband would never, ever do such a thing. He's on the shy side, I guess.

I grew up in a family of 3 girls, plus my mom, all needing to use the bathroom in the "girls' wing" of the house at the same time in the a.m. (My brother had a bedroom in the basement, and a private bathroom for himself there.)

So we never locked the door. It was fairly common to have one girl in the shower, one girl on the pot, and one girl blow-drying hair or doing makeup at the mirror. (Yes, it was a good-sized bathroom.)

So I grew up to be not terribly squeamish about always locking the door, especially not at home, but hubby always, always locks the door.

Thankfully we each have our own bathroom, which helps a lot.

I'm hearing, and it's been very rare that people knock on the stall doors. Usually if they pull on it and find it locked, they move on or wait. Do people really force their way into stall doors? I mean, do they physically rip them open? That truly would be frightening. Yikes! :shock:

many doors in public places are somewhat broken, such as nonfunctional locks - can't tell you how many times I had to sort of float over the seat so I could keep one hand on the stall door to keep someone from opening it.

I originally thought you were talking about all bathroom doors.

many doors in public places are somewhat broken, such as nonfunctional locks - can't tell you how many times I had to sort of float over the seat so I could keep one hand on the stall door to keep someone from opening it.

I use a foot for this so I can sit!

I would imagine, like most guys I know, he starts unzipping before he even reaches the bathroom. :P the guy I live with likes to have his fire hose in hand and ready to go by the time he reaches the door way. LOL
:-o

How big a bathroom do you have that you could walk in, unzip, and THEN discover someone else already there??

It happened when the toilet was behind the door, so when I first open the door the bathroom looks empty. Not being hearing, I'm not warned by the sound of a "golden shower" or the "eek!" when the door begins to open and they realise that they haven't locked it.

Seriously??? This, I never heard! (About getting "fire hose" out ready for business before entering bathroom.)
Same here.

My husband would never, ever do such a thing. He's on the shy side, I guess.
Same here.

Maybe those other guys have a prostate problem. :dunno:

...Thankfully we each have our own bathroom, which helps a lot.
The older I get, the more important that becomes. :giggle:

Someday (if we live to be old and infirm), we may downsize our residence. I can get by with smaller living quarters but I can't get by with only one toilet in the house. I grew up with one bathroom, well and septic tank limitations, etc., no problem. But as I get older, I don't want to have to "hold it" for my turn. No thanks.

I originally thought you were talking about all bathroom doors.
Got it.

Usually, if the stall door lock didn't work, even if someone started to open it, as soon as the person realized it was occupied, they withdrew and apologized.

It happened when the toilet was behind the door, so when I first open the door the bathroom looks empty. Not being hearing, I'm not warned by the sound of a "golden shower" or the "eek!" when the door begins to open and they realise that they haven't locked it.

Ok, I was unable to keep the mental image out of my head with that post. Just give me a minute to recover... :shock:

All right, I think I am ok now... Oops not yet :shock:

I think we are all going to need some serious alone time after this!!! :giggle:

I agree - seems like a total lack of respect for unlocking an already-locked door. I hope (OP) you are able to discuss this with who was doing that.

side note: :lol: @ "fire hose"

I'm hearing, and it's been very rare that people knock on the stall doors. Usually if they pull on it and find it locked, they move on or wait. Do people really force their way into stall doors? I mean, do they physically rip them open? That truly would be frightening. Yikes! :shock:

they would be greeted by my potato gun :cool2:

You know what's worse than someone knocking onto the door? Someone crawling under the stall door.

I find that disgusting. Please give this to your guys for Christmas. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Washingtons-Civility-Behavior-Company-Conversation/dp/155709103X"]George Washington's Rules of Civility & Decent Behavior in Company and Conversation[/ame].

they would be greeted by my potato gun :cool2:
You take that into the bathroom with you?

Or is that some scatological euphemism that I don't know?

Either way, that's disturbing. :eek2:

You know what's worse than someone knocking onto the door? Someone crawling under the stall door.
:shock:

A good swift kick to the face should take care of that.

Got it.

Usually, if the stall door lock didn't work, even if someone started to open it, as soon as the person realized it was occupied, they withdrew and apologized.

I don't even want to give them a chance to open the door! What I really hate is when I am keeping the door shut with my hand and they are still trying to force it open which then results in me yelling "I'm in here!" while trying to keep door shut and not lose my aim and have accidental spillage while floating all at once. HATE that.

Back