The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVIII

Doing errands this morning while hubby works more on the yard. I am so stiff from yesterday. Moving dirt and rocks ... Something to be left to the 20 year olds and not 45 year olds! :)

Oh gosh, you're so young, 45!!!:lol: Oh to be that age so I can get my yard work done! I thought you were around my daughter's age, she's a bit older. I wanted to comment that you and she have the same type of job. She works as a graphic artist for several newspapers, and free lance at home.

Good luck on getting your landscaping done, that's always a big job. Seems like yesterday that we did that on our new home, but it's been 28 years.

Doing errands this morning while hubby works more on the yard. I am so stiff from yesterday. Moving dirt and rocks ... Something to be left to the 20 year olds and not 45 year olds! :)

Yeah, you only have 112 days to get it all in before the next frost! :lol:

Yeah, you only have 112 days to get it all in before the next frost! :lol:

Oh shush!!! Lol. Actually I don't think we are done with frost this spring yet. Next mon Eve is supposed to be 28.

Oh gosh, you're so young, 45!!!:lol: Oh to be that age so I can get my yard work done! I thought you were around my daughter's age, she's a bit older. I wanted to comment that you and she have the same type of job. She works as a graphic artist for several newspapers, and free lance at home.

Good luck on getting your landscaping done, that's always a big job. Seems like yesterday that we did that on our new home, but it's been 28 years.

How old is your daughter? I tell you, I've been feeling every bit of my 44 years with this yard work. Thank goodness we are only doing about 1 acres worth, the rest we will leave wild and natural.

Oh shush!!! Lol. Actually I don't think we are done with frost this spring yet. Next mon Eve is supposed to be 28.

Having had frost doesn't keep you from doing "hardscaping" — rocks and cement, etc.

Also my understanding is that it is a burst of extra activity that leads to being sore and stiff but that if you are very active all along doing yard work won't hurt afterwards.

Having had frost doesn't keep you from doing "hardscaping" — rocks and cement, etc.

Also my understanding is that it is a burst of extra activity that leads to being sore and stiff but that if you are very active all along doing yard work won't hurt afterwards.

Right. We can't have any annuals yet because a frost will kill them. We've been doing dirt, rocks, and perennials. Trying to grade the land to be a little more even.

How old is your daughter? I tell you, I've been feeling every bit of my 44 years with this yard work. Thank goodness we are only doing about 1 acres worth, the rest we will leave wild and natural.

My daughter is 52! She's the one who went skydiving last year. She brought over the video of the jump to show us, you should have heard me scream as she went out the door of the plane with the instructor, scared me spitless. Told you she is up for any adventure, scares her mother to death! She did hurt her ankle on landing and said,"maybe I won't do that again". :lol:

Wow! I do remember you posting about that. I am just too chicken to do that stuff. But kudos to her for trying it! :)

AlleyCat, if you wanna go try it, I'll stay behind and hold your purse. :lol:

catch-you-on-the-flip-side.gif

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the this site. I signed up so I can learn more ASL, meet future friends, and all that jazz! :wave:
Funny enough, I'm the ONLY one at my job who can understands a little bit of sign (and that's through basic finger spelling out the words). This sent me on a mission to broaden my mind and go outside the bubble to meet wonderful people who know this cool language! YAY! :ty:
So come message me! Meet me! Skype me! Facebook me!
I'm cool (okay maybe just a little awesome too)!
You'll see!

:fruit:

2 hours left of my flight..hurry!

Saw an interesting animal in our backyard today. After research on google and hubby making a few phone calls, it seems as its a stoat. Looks like a ferret, but wild. We have lots of field mice which is part of a stoat's diet, so hopefully this animal will make these mice its breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

Saw an interesting animal in our backyard today. After research on google and hubby making a few phone calls, it seems as its a stoat. Looks like a ferret, but wild. We have lots of field mice which is part of a stoat's diet, so hopefully this animal will make these mice its breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

I googled stoat. Cute animal! Looks playful!

Back