The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, I need another headache..

My SUV was stolen overnight. I am soo stressed out right now. Ugh!!!!

Sorry to hear that! Hope it works out ok.

Of course, I need another headache..

My SUV was stolen overnight. I am soo stressed out right now. Ugh!!!!
:shock: .. okay, not shocked like that but it happened to you now. I guess you're as very blessing as I! :lol: always something after another isn't it? (so sorry).

What year/model car was it, Shel? Spread the word about and maybe someone might spot it by chance.

That's a major bummer. It's one of the things I am paranoid of on the east coast.

Oh well, that's life. No biggie.

That's the first time in my life I have ever gotten a vehicle of my own stolen. I have had my vehicles broken in both on the West and East coasts but never stolen.

Well, I am hoping my GAP insurance will pay off my loan and then I will just buy a cheap car for now so I can use what I normally pay for my SUV to pay off my other bills faster. Then I will buy a brand new car later on. Right now, I am paying out too much...for lawyers, daycare, student loans and a few other stuff. I dont care about getting a new vehicle right now..if I could, I could go without one but I cant.

Thanks everyone...if my GAP insurance approves of my claim and pays off my loan, then I will be fine. If not, then I am in deep s***t.

sorry, is GAP a clothing company or some kind of auto insurance? :clown:

I think the way it works, say you own a car and making payments, the car gets wrecked or whatever. You owe $12,000 on it but the car is worth $10,000 so the main insurance coverage will only go $10k. the GAP coverage kicks in the difference. I think.

sorry, is GAP a clothing company or some kind of auto insurance? :clown:

It is an insurance on the loan. My hubby didnt get full auto insurance coverage on my SUV when he thought he did so our insurance wont cover the theft..shit! However, I remembered that I purchased GAP insurance on my loan when I bought my SUV and then I called them. They will cover the remainer of my loan but not the value of my SUV. Better than nothing.

I think the way it works, say you own a car and making payments, the car gets wrecked or whatever. You owe $12,000 on it but the car is worth $10,000 so the main insurance coverage will only go $10k. the GAP coverage kicks in the difference. I think.

You got that correct. Thank GOD I purchased the GAP insurance. I wasnt going to but my hubby convinced me. Whew!

oh okay! so you're covered then? so glad!

It looks like it but I have to send in all the paperwork..anything can change. Wait and see. GAP insurance requires a LOT of paperwork from the bank where I got my loan from, from my insurance company, from the dealership, and from the police. I spent most of the day on VP calling all these places to get all the paperwork sent to me so I can fax them all along with the claims form to the company where I have my policy with. Wow...a lot of hassle!

It looks like it but I have to send in all the paperwork..anything can change. Wait and see. GAP insurance requires a LOT of paperwork from the bank where I got my loan from, from my insurance company, from the dealership, and from the police. I spent most of the day on VP calling all these places to get all the paperwork sent to me so I can fax them all along with the claims form to the company where I have my policy with. Wow...a lot of hassle!
when you said "thank GOD," I thought you were already covered. :lol:

yeah, my first car was stolen and found it parked (wrecked) half into a front home window with half back out on lawn a week later. :shock: found it was one of 'fishy' cops who did it I knew all along. hassle, indeed. good luck.

Hope that works out, paperwork is never fun. What happens if you find your car back like say after the GAP insurance has been paid out? Do you get to keep both?

Just for reference, was your SUV listed as one of the major stolen SUV's? (List from MSN)

Cadillac Escalade
Lincoln Navigator
Ford Expedition
Jeep Wrangler
Jeep Cherokee
Jeep Grand Cherokee

What happens if you find your car back like say after the GAP insurance has been paid out? Do you get to keep both?
good question....when my car was found, I had to sign it over to my insurance who already paid the value (undrivable). I took out some parts to use for my next car and sold some though before the company towed it away.

shel might would have to make a report if ever found (and drivable still) or considered as fraud? because you would need to register both (if she got another car) ... dunno.

Cadillac Escalade
Lincoln Navigator
Ford Expedition
Jeep Wrangler
Jeep Cherokee
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I'm guessing none of these ..

but this,
1195759047-59072_full.jpg

sexy santa fe. ;)

when you said "thank GOD," I thought you were already covered. :lol:

yeah, my first car was stolen and found it parked (wrecked) half into a front home window with half back out on lawn a week later. :shock: found it was one of 'fishy' cops who did it I knew all along. hassle, indeed. good luck.

Yea, likely 99% that I am covered.

good question....when my car was found, I had to sign it over to my insurance who already paid the value (undrivable). I took out some parts to use for my next car and sold some though before the company towed it away.

shel might would have to make a report if ever found (and drivable still) or considered as fraud? because you would need to register both (if she got another car) ... dunno.

Honestly I dont know what will happen if it gets found later on. I will worry about it if it happens.

Hope that works out, paperwork is never fun. What happens if you find your car back like say after the GAP insurance has been paid out? Do you get to keep both?

Just for reference, was your SUV listed as one of the major stolen SUV's? (List from MSN)

Cadillac Escalade
Lincoln Navigator
Ford Expedition
Jeep Wrangler
Jeep Cherokee
Jeep Grand Cherokee

NOpe it was none of these. It is a Santa Fe.

We have an alarm in my SUV...I dont see any shattered glass pieces on the ground. If I dont get it back, my loan will get paid off. That's all I care about so it will be fine but just a big headache.

Thanks!

Probably it is being stripped away to nothing. Good idea about paying the loan off with insurance money. :) glad your feeling better but it is tiresome for everyone.

Probably it is being stripped away to nothing. Good idea about paying the loan off with insurance money. :) glad your feeling better but it is tiresome for everyone.

I wouldnt be surprised. Oh well.

The bad thing about it is that my hubby left his breifcase with all of his important work documents in it. Oooops!

Yep, it is tiresome and adds a little more stress to a stressful time in my life. Something I dont need right now but cant control the fates. Just gotta tackle one problem at a time and try to solve them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back