The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matter of fact, I was saying the exact same thing to my hubby and he said that a few months ago, he heard on the radio that Hyundai has now become 3rd on the list for most stolen vehicles.

Looks like it because Hyundai Sonata is a nice car and it has becoming more reliable and have better quality build. It compets pretty well against Honda Accord and Toyota Camry. I like the Hyundai Genesis, sweet car!

We have an alarm in my SUV...I dont see any shattered glass pieces on the ground. If I dont get it back, my loan will get paid off. That's all I care about so it will be fine but just a big headache.

Thanks!

oh wow..... I'm sad..... it's where I was :zzz: in the backseat.....

since there was no piece of shattered glass on the ground... that means they used the wedge to pry your door just ajar enough to use the long metal hook to unlock your door. that's why ya gotta use the pedal lock

102535716d.jpg

OMG Shel... I wouldn't know what to do if my car got stolen... :hug:

Did you have any news already? So glad though that you got some insurance covering your loan. I don't have that :( I should think about getting one...

Shel, I am sorry to hear your SUV was stolen. I can't even imagine how that feels. I've had stuff stolen from me in high school such as CD player, CDs, etc. I was upset about it then, but now looking back it was trivial, but still just the act of it being stolen just reminds you that you really cannot trust anyone. I asked my parents if they would buy me a new CD player, they said no because it would just get stolen again, so my stuff was never replaced.

I had my iPod stolen at work once, I had worked my tail off to buy a new laptop, then later bought the iPod so I could listen to music on the line and not get bored. I was running late one morning lost it somewhere between the parking lot and the break room. I left signs up to have it returned, even offered a small $100 reward. No one returned it. Then I later found out one of the shoulder cutters had bragged about finding an iPod that had a lot of English music on it. It was disappointing to find out one of my coworkers had found it but didn't want to do the right thing and return it.

I went without an iPod for about two months when my parents bought me a new one for Christmas along with an iPod clip-on case to attach to my belt loop. I later bought another new laptop and eventually upgraded to an iPod Touch. I still have the iPod my parents bought me for Christmas.

I hate it when you have busted your tail for something only to have someone steal it from you, especially if it is something big like a vehicle.

Shel I hope everything gets sorted and/or your vehicle is found. I cant imagine a Hyundai Santa Fe being a hot car. But then again I have a Ford SporTrac, I wonder if it's considered a hot vehicle? I have full insurance coverage, plus it is fully paid off.

Sorry to hear about your car Shel! That really sucks!

Dixie, that sucks about your ipod too. I know how much work it is loading it up!

Sorry to hear about your car, Shel90! But hey, did your car have engine failure? :hmm:

Sorry to hear about your car, Shel90! But hey, did your car have engine failure? :hmm:

I spent $2,000 to fix it.

What can I do? Have a temper tantrum over it? I cant do anything about it so I just have to make the best of it and move on.

Thanks everyone. :)

I remember about two years ago - I had the white '98 Festiva and someone was in the attempt to break in my car (at the time my GPS was visible)the keyhole was completely missing from the drivers door, I was able to unclock the car remotely, but to my surprise, they didn't even take my car at all - or my GPS, it seems they gave up or got startled by someone - thank god that car has a door trigger alarm, if they didn't get starled or something - the alarm would have gone off and I'd see the lights flashing when I returned but it didn't...thankfully. I don't have that car anymore.

I remember about two years ago - I had the white '98 Festiva and someone was in the attempt to break in my car (at the time my GPS was visible)the keyhole was completely missing from the drivers door, I was able to unclock the car remotely, but to my surprise, they didn't even take my car at all - or my GPS, it seems they gave up or got startled by someone - thank god that car has a door trigger alarm, if they didn't get starled or something - the alarm would have gone off and I'd see the lights flashing when I returned but it didn't...thankfully. I don't have that car anymore.

Next time I get a new vehicle, I am gonna get a tracking system installed.

oh wow..... I'm sad..... it's where I was :zzz: in the backseat.....

since there was no piece of shattered glass on the ground... that means they used the wedge to pry your door just ajar enough to use the long metal hook to unlock your door. that's why ya gotta use the pedal lock

102535716d.jpg

Yea, it was the SUV that you and TheWriteAlex rode in...now, it is gone. I doubt I will see it again. Oh well.

LoJack. it works. Simple package is $695. Total protection package is $1094. :eek3:

https://store.lojack.com/category.aspx?zcid=103

I will look into it. Many thanks!

Wow, I am practically falling asleep here. Went out to a bar until 3 AM and then had to wake up at 9 AM for the pool party today. Too much alcohol and not enough sleep in such a short time. Better say ADIOS for now..have a great night everyone! :ily:

I will look into it. Many thanks!

Wow, I am practically falling asleep here. Went out to a bar until 3 AM and then had to wake up at 9 AM for the pool party today. Too much alcohol and not enough sleep in such a short time. Better say ADIOS for now..have a great night everyone! :ily:

:zzz:

Man! I am up extra extra early because I have to drop my hubby off at the commuter train station due to only having one vehicle now. This is TOOO early!!!!!

:zzz:

Of course, I need another headache..

My SUV was stolen overnight. I am soo stressed out right now. Ugh!!!!

Sorry for your SUV stolen. Your city is good crime? You should buy other house with garage.

Sorry for your SUV stolen. Your city is good crime? You should buy other house with garage.

Vehicle theft can happen anywhere.

Also, I cant buy another house and I dont want to anyway.

yes, yes.. police will notify you once found, that is if you already made a claim with them. which I see you did. but I suggest you to call your local by junk yards yourself too, sometimes the cops don't do their jobs and/or are too busy until few days. I was notified the next day after the night I found out. I called every single day - luckily we only had one junk yard in our area so wouldn't have to make so many calls each day ha.

LOL, your hubby doesn't mind you drooling over sexy neighbor?! take me there with you, I'm one who needs him, not you LOL.

My hubby always drools over my sexy girlfriends..hahaha.

Ok I will bring you over. Hey, I have a pic of myself with him here on AD. I will have to search for it.

Vehicle theft can happen anywhere.

Also, I cant buy another house and I dont want to anyway.

Ok Your SVU will be found in few days. If it cannot be found, you will buy new car or SUV including anti-theft system. The anti-theft system can require disabling on every use, or enabling when the item needs to be secured. Disabling the anti-theft system is usually done by requiring identification of the owner at some stage of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back