The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
another day that went by eh.. I'll live ;) but I'm looking forward to friday :D

I wonder if it's possible that my neuropathy has spread. Hmmmm I have it down the right side, and it makes my right side totally numb, but I get pain when I stand for too long. Now, with the left side, I have the same pain all the time.

KristinaB,
Hope you'll recover soon. Also hoping that neuropathy has not spread much. Is it genetic?

Got confirmation today (due to extreme problems overnight). My neuropathy has spread and I now have the most problems from waist down and up the outer right side. They want to me to move as much as I can when I am able, and to use a cane as much as possible. I am also advised to get a scooter or walker with hand brakes and a seat.

It is not genetic, so I don't have to worry about the kids inheriting it. That's good.

On a lighter happier note - I got my new Nintendo DSi XL today. Had to buy one for my daughter (black) and one for me (burgundy).

Got confirmation today (due to extreme problems overnight). My neuropathy has spread and I now have the most problems from waist down and up the outer right side. They want to me to move as much as I can when I am able, and to use a cane as much as possible. I am also advised to get a scooter or walker with hand brakes and a seat.

It is not genetic, so I don't have to worry about the kids inheriting it. That's good.

On a lighter happier note - I got my new Nintendo DSi XL today. Had to buy one for my daughter (black) and one for me (burgundy).
I'm sorry about your worsening neuropathy.

Your DSI XL is the same color as mine. :)

I'm sorry about your worsening neuropathy.

Your DSI XL is the same color as mine. :)

I also got the same game you did when you bought yours. The Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box.

As far as the neuropathy, at least I know what this pain is. Now that I know, I can prepare and deal with it easier. Knowing has made the pain more bearable.
Go figure!!

I also got the same game you did when you bought yours. The Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box.

As far as the neuropathy, at least I know what this pain is. Now that I know, I can prepare and deal with it easier. Knowing has made the pain more bearable.
Go figure!!

I think that is true, that if you kind of know why and have an idea what is coming, you can deal with it.

Animals can give us a lesson there in that they just accept what comes and enjoy as much as possible no matter what.

The neighborhood wildlife is not being nice to daughter. She went out to check the mail and a bird stole her ice cream cone. When she went for a bike ride, a squirrel "waved" to her as she left the yard.

I'm leaving for Iowa tomorrow morning, it will be a LONG road trip for sure! I'm currently in California visiting my parents and have been here since Monday.

Got my new webcam today and it is installed. It is wonderful. Very clear and detailed picture. Great video quality. It is a Logitech WebCam Pro 9000. $99.99 at Best Buy. Thanks Chevy57 for your help. (I couldn't remember which one he had mentioned to me for the P3.) Very easy to install.

I had returned home from Detroit when driving about 3 hours. Lousy raining!

Got my new webcam today and it is installed. It is wonderful. Very clear and detailed picture. Great video quality. It is a Logitech WebCam Pro 9000. $99.99 at Best Buy. Thanks Chevy57 for your help. (I couldn't remember which one he had mentioned to me for the P3.) Very easy to install.

Great!! it s better video quality than cheap and old webcam.

Kristina, I'm glad that you have a diagnosis and hope that your treatment gives you some relief. *hugs*

Great that you got a new web cam. Hope to chat with you soon!

Kristina, I'm glad that you have a diagnosis and hope that your treatment gives you some relief. *hugs*

Great that you got a new web cam. Hope to chat with you soon!

No treatment for the neuropathy. It's just called - deal with the pain. I have heard you can get cortisone shots, but not me. I think I will get some shoes that aren't so heavy, but we are working on getting things for me. We have 2 walkers in the garage, but the doctor suggests getting one that has hand brakes and a seat. If I have a wheelchair, it won't fit through the doors of the house, and we're not sure about the cost of the scooter. I'm gonna wait to see if I get my Medicare this Fall.

Hope you feel better KristinaB.

Updating my resume..going to apply for a job. Dont want to give details about it but it is time for me to move on to something more challenging and with much much better pay. Wish me luck!

Hope you feel better KristinaB.

Updating my resume..going to apply for a job. Dont want to give details about it but it is time for me to move on to something more challenging and with much much better pay. Wish me luck!

Luck to you for your future endeavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back