The gift of hearing....do you cherish it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like all the other volunteers, the Smiths worked hard on those trips,and for no money. But, he says, the rewards are well worth it. He explains, “You take a 12-year-old kid and a half hour after fitting him with a hearing aid, he says ‘papa’ for the first time ever. If that doesn’t melt you a bit, you’re made of stone.

I find that degrading. I must be made of stone. Who does it benefit the most? The father who can hear him speak, of course.
I'm sure sign language was used to identify the father.

So the biggest proclamation in that paragraph is "Normalizing society" by someone telling that child that he has to speak?

You must like control. Tell me - when you enter an assembly where there are seats set up in rows, do you pluck a seat out, and sit whereever you wish? Or do you just simply accept the control that was put upon you and sit in the pre-defined rows?

=D

I find that degrading. I must be made of stone. Who does it benefit the most? The father who can hear him speak, of course.
I'm sure sign language was used to identify the father.

So the biggest proclamation in that paragraph is "Normalizing society" by someone telling that child that he has to speak?

You must like control. Tell me - when you enter an assembly where there are seats set up in rows, do you pluck a seat out, and sit whereever you wish? Or do you just simply accept the control that was put upon you and sit in the pre-defined rows?

=D

Many do sign. Watch the videos....all of them.

Control? You might want to ask that question to the current administration. Heaven forbids if you refuse to buy health insurance you go to jail and get a hefty fine. But that's another topic for another day.

Many do sign. Watch the videos....all of them.

Control? You might want to ask that question to the current administration. Heaven forbids if you refuse to buy health insurance you go to jail and get a hefty fine. But that's another topic for another day.

That's what I said in my "sick of USA" thread. :)

But however, nice attempt on your "jumping away" from my question directly towards you.

It's all about these odd obssessions over a commenter.

Keep in mind that you post quite a lot on a daily basis here at Alldeaf. So you are bound to get a lot of attention.

Rather it's the opinions or comment they don't like hearing based on a particular issue or topic. And then they go into hyperventaliting mode whenever someone says "I cherish my gift of hearing."

Rather it's the opinions or comment they don't like hearing based on a particular issue or topic. And then they go into hyperventaliting mode whenever someone says "I cherish my gift of hearing."

Who here is hyperventilating over the fact people cherish their hearing?

I cherish my hearing.

Hyperventilating? Please.

No, not to stand in the way, but to divert, show a choice. Or perhaps even create a new, different, sustainable and beautiful path.

A path that does not require batteries, fittings, audiologists or therapy. A path of acceptance, growth and an indescribably complex and joyous language. Along this path is education, friendship and acknowledgement. Acknowlegement of personal worth and independence, not you will be only better this way - just let me stick this in your ear...

You know, like a real leader who walks beside and helps friend to friend and not the great Patronizing Patriarchal Bwanah saving the "poor deaf folks"?

You are perfectly good the way you are kind of trail blazing or diversity offers a choice, informs, grants the person intelligence and personal responsibility.

Choices. Diversity. Acceptance. Love. Nothing wrong there.

(Sadly this Seimens corp reminds me of other large corporations, create a need (for batteries at first), build a market, start them young) Hmm, sort of like the tobacco industry? No, not to that degree or with harm, but can you see the intended analogy? Very few corporations can prosper upon the principles of agape.

Last edited:
No, not to stand in the way, but to divert, show a choice. Or perhaps even create a new, different, sustainable and beautiful path.

A path that does not require batteries, fittings, audiologists or therapy. A path of acceptance, growth and an indescribably complex and joyous language. Along this path is education, friendship and acknowledgement. Acknowlegement of personal worth and independence, not you will be only better this way - just let me stick this in your ear...

You know, like a real leader who walks beside and helps friend to friend and not the great Patronizing Patriarchal Bwanah saving the "poor deaf folks"?

You are perfectly good the way you are kind of trail blazing or diversity offers a choice, informs, grants the person intelligence and personal responsibility.

Choices. Diversity. Acceptance. Love. Nothing wrong there.

(Sadly this Seimens corp reminds me of other large corporations, create a need (for batteries at first), build a market, start them young) Hmm, sort of like the tobacco industry? No, not to that degree or with harm, but can you see the intended analogy? Very few corporations can prosper upon the principles of agape.

My hearing aid provides me all kinds of access and at the same time gives me joy when I play the piano, hear the music, the laughter of my kids, and my cats meowing just to say, "please, pet me." Buying batteries is a very small thing to do but gives me access to even bigger things in life. The gift of hearing is not to be taken lightly.

Who here is hyperventilating over the fact people cherish their hearing?

I cherish my hearing.

That's great!

As for who? I suspect a few. Of course, I have a flair for using certain words.

My hearing aid provides me all kinds of access and at the same time gives me joy when I play the piano, hear the music, the laughter of my kids, and my cats meowing just to say, "please, pet me." Buying batteries is a very small thing to do but gives me access to even bigger things in life. The gift of hearing is not to be taken lightly.

What bigger things in life do you have than the general Deaf population?
Just curious.

$25 says he doesn't answer.

If he answers, it will be given to the first person who PM's me and accepts the bet.

I'm serious.

Editing then deleting posts now, koko? I saw your post at 11:06am MST.

I'll be nice here, and allow you to come up with something.

(i posted a period...some noob deleted it...not me. Yeah you saw "something"...it was a "." LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back