storms

AquaMaiden

Reaction score
Did any of you *especially those who lives in midest to east states* went thru a storm over the weekend? I did! It was so cool watching all those thunderstorms with heavy rain two days in a row! It was flashing and got to watch lighting bolt all over the sky. It even hit a church here in Rochester. It was just amazing. Did any of you see any of it?

We had a baby one here in RI. Parts of Conn were under a Tornado warning. That is very unusual here in the Northeast.

prostock19 said:
We had a baby one here in RI. Parts of Conn were under a Tornado warning. That is very unusual here in the Northeast.

I haven't heard anything about this. It has been cold here lately... :cold:

Yeah they were here for two days in a row too. I m in syracuse NY. I do like to watch it but it scares me though. I only think of my kids's safes. I heard that we will have another one this late evening. I am not positive. I will check out in my local weather. Oh man!

OH YES but only for one day!

During the day, we had such beautiful weather until late afternoon, the clouds got darker, the winds was going like 56-58 mph , then hail started to come down followed by heavy rain and a fierce show of lighting and the ground shaking with each boom of thunder....Some areas didn't have any electricity and were without power for several hours and several were without power until it was restored the next day or so....

Frisky Feline said:
Yeah they were here for two days in a row too. I m in syracuse NY. I do like to watch it but it scares me though. I only think of my kids's safes. I heard that we will have another one this late evening. I am not positive. I will check out in my local weather. Oh man!

Yea, I read the same thing about another storm coming today. I wonder if that would be a record....

^Angel^ said:
OH YES but only for one day!

During the day, we had such beautiful weather until late afternoon, the clouds got darker, the winds was going like 56-58 mph , then hail started to come down followed by heavy rain and a fierce show of lighting and the ground shaking with each boom of thunder....Some areas didn't have any electricity and were without power for several hours and several were without power until it was restored the next day or so....

Eeeek! I hope we don't get this black out anytime soon *knock on wood*

Last edited:
Few times in the past month, we have had winds up to 70 mph blowing all over, with some rain and hail. It was weird because we had been having beautiful weather (summerlike) then boom spring-like weather came into Utah making it go crazy.

There was a lot of flooding in a town near here. Last night, I was playing with my friend outside in the evening. As we got in the car and closed the door, it suddenly started pouring! It poured so hard that my other friend could barely see the road. :eek:

AquaMaiden said:
Don't push it, dude or I'll bring the curse to Minnesota in few weeks :nana:
boy.. comming to minnesota.. gotta visit me for a while :D.. there will be times i'll be in cities once a while.. cuz i'm dating a gal in anoka :D

Yes, Friday Late Afternoon the Sky became Dark and then Hail and bad Wind and then My power went off from 4 pm to 1145 pm...It was scary I thought we were going to have a tornado. But, then after my Power went back on There were more Thunder Storms and I can hear it and it is so loud, sounds like heaven is Bowling up there! Heh.

Cheri said:
Yes, Friday Late Afternoon the Sky became Dark and then Hail and bad Wind and then My power went off from 4 pm to 1145 pm...It was scary I thought we were going to have a tornado. But, then after my Power went back on There were more Thunder Storms and I can hear it and it is so loud, sounds like heaven is Bowling up there! Heh.
geez.. keep ur foods cold?

its scary to have no power for long periods of time since all food will be no good.. even right after food shoping.. what a waste of money :squint:

I been had awful storms for 4-5 days. They occurred during my working hours (one in morning). Most worst storm I ever had was on last Friday because I forced myself to walk home in middle of storm in 1 to 2 am. I got no driver license or anyone dont give me a ride. Lucky, I made it to my home with totally wet boots and socks. By way, cursed to careless driver in white van because he nearly splashed me wettly while he driving too near to sidewalk. :mad:

DeafSCUBA98 said:
geez.. keep ur foods cold?

its scary to have no power for long periods of time since all food will be no good.. even right after food shoping.. what a waste of money :squint:

Yep! We had to get Many Bags of Ice at the Store to keep the other Important foods Cold..I had to throw away the Milk cuz not enough room in the Cooler :lol: I was not too happy about the Power being off that Long. Electric Co. was pretty Slow that Night trying to get it all back up.

hey please ask the storms to come down to Mile High City cuz we really desprates to have these storms BIGGGGGGG TIMMMEEESSS !!!!

there was a tornado warning for areas south of St Louis last nite and we didnt get ANYTHING here -- just high winds :dunno:

i love watching t'storms! :lol:

Fly Free said:
there was a tornado warning for areas south of St Louis last nite and we didnt get ANYTHING here -- just high winds :dunno:

i love watching t'storms! :lol:
yeah.. usally u get warnings of tornado that's been sighted. but heck.. often times i look outside.. couldn't find one.. heh.

Back