Ssi . .

I got it Thanks LuciaDisturbed

My aunt and I get the same amounted in SSI and she gets $152 and I gets 110. Mah friend mentioned that everybody get the same amounted in FS, which nobody is nolonger getting over $155. in FS, it's what she told me, that's all I know, but when I do get the chance to talk to her I'll ask her more question about this.

I edited my post a little, go look.

Also, do you live alone? Are you married? If you are married, do your husband get any kind of income? There are a lot of factors that counts in how much you will get each month in food stamps.

Thank you LuciaDisturbed

Thanks for the links ...I'm dead tired and I gotta go to bed now yawning oh boy ...take care goodnight smile

I edited my post a little, go look.

Also, do your husband get any kind of income? There are a lot of factors that counts in how much you will get each month in food stamps.

It usually depends on where you are, your income, your dependence with your parents or independence, etc. It could be anything.

I know a gal who got $1,000 a month and a guy who gets $600 a month. The gal got it for some unusual reason due to her father's death and the guy got $600 instead of $800 because his parents made too much money.

It could be anything.

Importantly, talk with your SSI office to find information.

1. You type social security rate on Yahoo Search
2. click on the blue link stated 2006 Social Security Changes

Also you want to know about minimum wage.. same as above.. click on the link stated minmum wage laws in States.. all do is you know ssa and wage law

Hi there
Heres a few things I know about recieving SSI as a deaf person. You need to have a bi -lateral profound hearing loss. . . . (clipped)
Tara

I'm wondering if I might fall in the deaf category. I may be considered severe-profound hearing loss in both ears. On my hearing chart, I think the first point starts at 70 db at the lowest freq on the test papers and goes off the chart before or at 1000 freq. What does that make me in terms or "severe- profound" or just "profound". How can I learn if I qualify for SSI. I have plenty of credits. If needed, I could ask for my chart and post it here.

Please help.

Presbyter

I'm wondering if I might fall in the deaf category. I may be considered severe-profound hearing loss in both ears. On my hearing chart, I think the first point starts at 70 db at the lowest freq on the test papers and goes off the chart before or at 1000 freq. What does that make me in terms or "severe- profound" or just "profound". How can I learn if I qualify for SSI. I have plenty of credits. If needed, I could ask for my chart and post it here.

Please help.

Presbyter

U are severe-profoundly deaf and u should qualify for SSI. I know people with higher dB levels who got SSI.

SSI is Social Security Income and its for people with disabilities like deafness, blind, etc. SSDI is for retirement and people who lost their jobs due to disabilities caused by injuries or illness but you have to show you worked a number of years to qualify first.

SSI is Social Security Income and its for people with disabilities like deafness, blind, etc. SSDI is for retirement and people who lost their jobs due to disabilities caused by injuries or illness but you have to show you worked a number of years to qualify first.

Gotcha Thanks for taking the time to explain it:ty:

U are severe-profoundly deaf and u should qualify for SSI. I know people with higher dB levels who got SSI.

I've always grown up around hearing people, I'm wondering if I might need proof that I'm severe-profound hearing person. An expert could tell by my accent. Does the government sometimes require proof of HOH? How can I get tested to prepare myself for the SS offices?

Presbyter

I've always grown up around hearing people, I'm wondering if I might need proof that I'm severe-profound hearing person. An expert could tell by my accent. Does the government sometimes require proof of HOH? How can I get tested to prepare myself for the SS offices?

Presbyter

I grew up around hearing people and when my hubby left me while I was in grad school, someone suggested for me to apply for SSI or SSDI so I just went to the office, made an appt, met with a rep and she told me what she needed and basically that was my tax forms from the previous year, current paystubs if any, and most importantly, my audiogram. Then, I filled out paperwork and presto! Got a letter saying I qualified. Your audiogram is the proof. The Social Security office doesnt measure how well deaf people speak or can read lips. It is not relevant. Hope that helps!

Iff you don't have an audiogram (recent) SS will send you to an audiologist to get one. SS even pays for it. However, I would get my own audiologist to do one and see if they will accept it.

What about people who have seizures, epilepsy, dyslexia, learning disabilities, brain tumors, depression, psychosis, chronic ear infections, and chronic back pain all combined, like me, that look perfectly healthy, do they not have a right to their social security?

I don't think we can judge someone just based on the way they look or how they dres, but if someone is perfectly healthy they should not be collecting social security, deaf or not, it takes from people in need, people like me.

My aunt and I get the same amounted in SSI and she gets $152 and I gets 110. Mah friend mentioned that everybody get the same amounted in FS, which nobody is nolonger getting over $155. in FS, it's what she told me, that's all I know, but when I do get the chance to talk to her I'll ask her more question about this.

fs as in foodstamps? most only get 50 bucks or less a month.

I WISH I COULD GET $3100 A MONTH BUT IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY :pissed:

3,100 a month in ssi? Crap, you must be living like a king!!!!!! If I got that much a month I would be eating lobster, black angus steak, lamb chops, and i'd have a plasma TV.

im save my SSI about $600 or $700 dollars between money but i told my mom i wanted little loans SSI money than nothing!

Hi

It depends on their income.

I wanted to send you a PM but, your PM is full and you don't except e-mail. Wanted to thank you for sticking by me in my thread that got closed and I'm glad it did because people are really mean! I almost left this website but, there are a few of you worth sticking around for and I need all the support I can get. PM me is I can get back to you ok?

I wanted to send you a PM but, your PM is full and you don't except e-mail. Wanted to thank you for sticking by me in my thread that got closed and I'm glad it did because people are really mean! I almost left this website but, there are a few of you worth sticking around for and I need all the support I can get. PM me is I can get back to you ok?

PM sent.

Back