Spam

Deathpit said:
You got adwares, not spam or webpage you mentioned. Adwares was installed into your HDD when you visited strange webpage without your permit. Kill them so you would get your original homepage back.

What's HDD ? Care to explain what it is ?

When I open general discussion, theres always "sticky" legal services.. does you think its spam on all deaf?? you should set up Spam forum where spammer can go spam somewhere..

racheleggert said:
When I open general discussion, theres always "sticky" legal services.. does you think its spam on all deaf?? you should set up Spam forum where spammer can go spam somewhere..
"Sticky" won't go away regardless of when you open the threads. It only shows up in the original forums, not "New Posts". Only moderators can make posts sticky. Those are usually done from time to time for emergencies or public information. Alex and I did the same thing for Spam recently. As for the so-called legal services, those are sponsors for AllDeaf. AllDeaf is working with other companies in order to expand the visibility of AllDeaf. So far, "Sticky" isn't spamming. Spamming is when someone intentionally and constantly posts advertisements in your face. We've had members do that in the past. One member signed up and then posted a thread asking for help. Only thing bad this member did was post that exact same thread in every forum. Now, that's spamming. If you click on "New Posts", it will only show you new posts that you HAVE NOT read since your last visit. No, this does not include "Sticky" that you have already read. "Sticky" only shows up when you click on that specific forum... like you did for "General Discussions". Hope that clears up the confusion with what "spam" is.

CyberRed said:
Ha ha Very funny! But, one thing I know about this :spam: It makes me :barf:

Yep me too, I'm not really fond of SPAM luncheon meat, I like salami, all that regular meat, but not that. lol

I don’t see what all the fuss is about. I consider SPAM to be a wholesome, quality luncheon product suitable for the entire family. I wish you people would all stop criticizing this delicious, versatile, and nutritious processed meat product or at least take this discussion to it’s appropriate forum. ;)

The SPAM acronym

:spam: :spam:

Any of you know what the letters SPAM stand for?

S = ?
P = ?
A = ?
M = ?

I do, wanna figure this one out?

Richard :spam: Roehm

I have no idea what SPAM stands for I hope it's not a boring one LOL....if it's a funny one, I would :D

I got spammed via PM again. The user was banned. Anyone else get spammed by "sango"?

me either. I guess Im lucky because the first letter of my sn is "t" so he probably was caught before he could reach to the letter "t"

heh!

:thumb:

tekkmortal said:
me either. I guess Im lucky because the first letter of my sn is "t" so he probably was caught before he could reach to the letter "t"

heh!

:thumb:
That's probably the case.

The user "villarane11" recently spammed me via PM. If anyone sees a PM from this member, please delete it.

The user account has been deleted.

um maybe i should make this sticky for a day or so to keep ADers aware of spam around lately. :cool:

e, good suggestion to keep this sticky for awhile...

i just want to share with you and Alex and others
that I just got computer virus that actually
came from Adware which is MUCH WORSE than Spam.
Spammers cannot destroy your hard drive
while Adware CAN corrupt yours. My computer
was in the repair shop for a few weeks, sigh...

In the future, I would want to be sure to
KILL adware all the times. I have to admit that
I do NOT know how to KILL that adware.

If you get any strange webpage on your homepage
at every time when you open your computer,
then you would know it's a serious problem which
will destroy your computer "slowly"
It's really from Adware NOT from Spam.

Hello Y,

I know what you mean as I've been there myself, too. Adware is dangerous, and the last time my PC was infected with serious adware, I had to reformat my hard drive and install all programs from scratch. Better safe than sorry, know what I mean?

Make sure you have both an updated anti-virus and adware removal programs installed on your computer.

If you know what you're doing... you can fix your computer by running Ad-Aware, Spybot, and HijackThis while in SafeMode.

I was hit hard by a wave of spyware/adware that I went from 1 to 100 spyware/adware in 30 minutes!!! It took me 2 hours of careful analyzing before I was able to get rid of it all. Whew! Now, my computer is back. :)

Back