Spam

VamPyroX said:
If you know what you're doing... you can fix your computer by running Ad-Aware, Spybot, and HijackThis while in SafeMode.

I was hit hard by a wave of spyware/adware that I went from 1 to 100 spyware/adware in 30 minutes!!! It took me 2 hours of careful analyzing before I was able to get rid of it all. Whew! Now, my computer is back. :)

How can you do that? I couldn't find even one adware program in my computer much less 100! Instead I let Norton do the work. :squint:

tekkmortal said:
How can you do that? I couldn't find even one adware program in my computer much less 100! Instead I let Norton do the work. :squint:
Norton is usually for viruses and computer problems. I've tried using Norton on my computer and it doesn't help. That's why I use those other programs. :thumb:

Alex said:
Hello Y,

I know what you mean as I've been there myself, too. Adware is dangerous, and the last time my PC was infected with serious adware, I had to reformat my hard drive and install all programs from scratch. Better safe than sorry, know what I mean?

Make sure you have both an updated anti-virus and adware removal programs installed on your computer.

thanks for mentioning about "adware removal programs" I never
knew there are some programs for removing adware so I will try to
look for the best progam (which one did you use if you don't mind ?)

Great, I'm gonna try this sometime this week....
Thanks a bunch ! :)

VamPyroX said:
Norton is usually for viruses and computer problems. I've tried using Norton on my computer and it doesn't help. That's why I use those other programs. :thumb:

Have you seen Norton Internet Security? It does remove adwares.

I just got a high speed internet with ComCast. Whoa, there were alot of pop up spyware all over on my front of computer. all the junk adveristment. I just download to prevent spyware from comcast to clean it up. It starts slow down when I was opening the internet.

I hope not, it is virus again. My son said, the high speed internet the hackers and virus going through very easily. :ugh:

I have three spyware and two anti virus. What is the fuck, spyware stubborn into my internet.

Sorry for the confusion... I just re-checked
my PC Repair Receipt right here after I sent it
to the CompUSA for the repair cuz of
the corrupt/virus.. I did not have any
confidence to fix my PC even just to
reformat my precious hard drive and install
programs etc. I did ask another deaf guy
if he can show me how to repair it for me etc
but unfortunately he wasn't being cooperative and
even though he's un-employed for long time and
he even lived "for free" on his wife's wealthy life and
he even wanted to over-charge me even though