Smoker and non-smoker

Smoker and Non-smoker

• Is it okay to smoke in your house? If yes, why?

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Is it okay to not smoke in your house? If yes, why?

Votes: 56 96.6%

• Total voters
my girl still smokes ever since she was 15 and I'm definetly worried about her health now...she doesn'st seem to breathe well when she runs. She said she will quit someday but when? *sigh*

I just don't smoke as much as she does anyway...she smokes nearly everyday. I don't. just whenever I feel stressed or feeling low, I get a smoke.

Steel said:
my girl still smokes ever since she was 15 and I'm definetly worried about her health now...she doesn'st seem to breathe well when she runs. She said she will quit someday but when? *sigh*

I just don't smoke as much as she does anyway...she smokes nearly everyday. I don't. just whenever I feel stressed or feeling low, I get a smoke.

Well, starting smoking at such a young age is a bad thing especially when the body is still going through changes. The problem is, if you are concerned about your girlfriend's health and in order to help her... you may as well kick the habit too to show more support.

She can say that she'll quit tomorrow. But the problem is... she's addicted to it. It affects her both mentally and physically. She need your support to get through with it. Don't make such a forceful approach to her on smoking, just encourage her to do so. You can look up on google for tips on how to help your girlfriend kick the habit or reduce the use of it.

Steel said:

There are some smokers who said the same thing," I will quit someday " but they don't that's because they're addicted to it like I am....I have a problem breathing myself too, but when people keep rubbing others in their faces about facts and about how stupid we are for smoking in the first place, but they are not in our shoes to understand us, it may be easy for others to say it when they are not smoking themselves....

I wasn't going to post in this thread but when I read your post I couldn't help it so I wanted to say something here, I know how your gf feels, and I know how much you are worried about her, but since you said you don't smoke like she does but less then maybe if you could try to quit smoking yourself and maybe it will help her cut it down, likewise for myself I want to quit so badly but it's been a pain in the butt, but I know I can do it if I try harder and not to think about lighten one up....

I know in time I will and I have to because I don't want to die from lung cancer.... :(

Cigarette smoke contains over 4,000 toxic substances, many of which are known to cause cancer to humans.

In addition to the very addictive nicotine, cigarettes contain:

ARSENIC: used in rat poison
ACETIC ACID: hair dye and developer
ACETONE: main ingredient in paint and fingernail (polish) remover
AMMONIA: a typical household cleaner
BENZENE: rubber cement
BUTANE: lighter fluid
CADMINUM: found in batteries and artists’ oil paint
CARBON MONOXIDE: car exhaust fumes
CARBON TETRACHLORIDE: dry cleaning fluid
ETHANOL: alcohol
FORMALDEYHDE: used to embalm dead bodies
HYDRAZINE: used in jet and rocket fuels
HEXAMINE: barbecue lighter
HYDROGEN CYANIDE: poison in gas chambers
LEAD: batteries
METHANE: swamp gas
METHANOL: rocket fuel
NAPTHALENES: used in explosives, moth balls, and paint pigments
NICKLES: used in the process of electroplating
PHENOL: used in disinfectants and plastics
POLONIUM: radiation dosage, equal to 300 chest x-rays in one year
STEARIC ACID: candle wax
STYRENE: found in insulation material
TAR: road surface tar
TULUENE: embalmers glue

Source: Family Health Administration

The anti-drug commericals should run more often on TV, if you ask me.

But your right...I guess I should kick off the habit on smoking so that to show her that I quit and that smoking ain't good for you and stuff like that...I never told her stuff like "you can't keep smoking! give me those damn pack of cigarettes and I'm gonna toss this shit out!" or whatever...I never force her but I think she has smoked long enough and should really quit about now but it seems that she was raised in a second hand smoking family so I guess thats where she joins in the smoking club. she now lives with her aunt, and she smokes too...she even smoked when she was pregrent with the twins, thinking that the twins wouldn't be injuried by the smoke or whatever like that but that's just totally wrong...and even her oldest cousin smokes as well and most of her younger cousins, mostly the boys have asthma, so I'm not surprised of where it came from. I believe my girl has a very hard life, and was certainly harder than mine because she's kind of poor and everything...even a tough childhood...heck everybody has a tough childhood, but smoking and drinking just won't solve anything...and if you don't solve your own problems, then the problems will still be there and would make it just as much worse as it gets if you just sit around moaning while smoking and/or drinking. she doesn't always drink, but did get drunk sometimes.
*sigh* so I know I can't make her stop, and I wish she can really kick that habit outta her and perhas someday she decides to quit smoking, then I will most definetly help her out of this. one of my best friends is already trying to kick off his habit so I hope my girl will do that as well...we did make a pinky swear awhile ago that she said she will quit and I took her word on that.

I will quit anyway...since I've been coughing alot lately so it figures that my asthma is getting worse (yes I do have asthma since I was little) so I guess it's high time that I kiss the tacobbo shit goodbye lol

good thing I wasn't too addicited to it anyway.

Good luck to smokers and non-smokers out there who are infected with cancer and stuff.

Steel said:
Which kind of drugs are you speaking of? Recreational drugs or prescription drugs?

Anyway, I used to be a clove smoker. It is very addicting. I got this 'influence' from my one of ex girlfriends. However, one day, I decide that smoking is bad for me so I went 'cold turkey' and I defeated this bad habit in no time. It is a matter of willpower. I will never, never smoke ever again. Nas is not a smoker, she never smoke.

About second hand smoker, they are not allowed to smoke in my place. I used to let my friends to smoke in my jeep but no longer. I am sick and tired of its smells and also I am concerning about my lungs too.

That's one of reasons why I refused to get in bowling places unless they have the rules for smoking. I often went to the dance club and most of them do not allow due to fire hazard. I tend to avoid any places that have no rules about smoking.

I live in Southern California and it is no big deal for my friends to smoke outside since there is hardly 'cold' weather in my area anyway (beside rains).

I think Steel meant anti-drug commercials that were aired during the Reagan years since Nancy Reagan was a crusader against illegal drugs. One commercial was funny, it said "this is what your brain on drugs" after showing an egg being fried on a frying pan.

tekkmortal said:
I think Steel meant anti-drug commercials that were aired during the Reagan years since Nancy Reagan was a crusader against illegal drugs. One commercial was funny, it said "this is what your brain on drugs" after showing an egg being fried on a frying pan.
Haha... I saw that commerical too and it was quite hilarious.

Ah about anti-drugs, oh yeah.

Steel said:

True, I´m agree with you totally.

German commericals on the TV over smoke are forbidden BUT BUT BUT the
commerical posters about cigarettes are everywhere in Germany. It :pissed: me total.

im a smoker for the past 10 yrs and i don't smoke in the house the last place i smoked inside the house was when i was living with a roomie, now i don't do that anymore cuz not only does it create nicotine on the walls it just plain a PITA ( pain in the ass) to clean the walls when theres gonna be a huge event... i smoke on the lanai and always outside and it hasn't bothered me much but now i had lately been thinking of quitting so im going to see the doctor to get a RX patch so i can stop and not need to buy packs of ciggies as thier getting more expensive these days. and im thinking i spent 10 yrs wasting thousands of dollars for something thats gonna kill you someday :roll: but im glad im doing this now before i start a family of my own and maintain that goal. :)

Thank you for share your interesting posts but but but I notice thru poll that only one say it´s okay to smoke in the house. It got me wondering because I know most smokers around here until I notice some of posts saying that they can´t post this thread because they are smokers.

I think that I understand why the smokers can´t post here because they feel uncomfortable to share their concern/opinion here with us. Right?

I guess that they felt being judge by some of you for that. Right?

Please, please don´t judge smokers IF they add their posts tell us their opinion why smoking is okay in the house or not. Respect them if their opinion is different than us.

I beleive that the smokers knows that smoking are unhealthy and tried to quit it. I know what I´m saying because my husband is an ex-smoker. He quitted with strong willing last year. He describe how hard to quit the smoke.

I will be grateful when you show your respect on them and let them go in my thread to share their concern/feeling.

No judge please...

Thank you for attention.

Last edited:
I don't let anyone smoke in my house.. If someone smoke in my house, I WILL THROW her/him OUT THE HOUSE.... I don't like anyone smoking in my house, cause it will make my house smell STINKY, my clothes STINKY, and my walls will look yellow and it will get my son's asthma attacks come back again.

NO SMOKING in my house. :nono:

Well I have some sad news for you all......I hate to scare you smokers but it DOES kill you...my father in law is dying of emphysema and lung cancer, we just brought him home from Tulsa hospital and had to put him in the nursing home. He is 74 years old, weighs only 86 pounds, skin and bones, has cancer on his nose also, has to be on oxygen 24/7, he is so weak he cant even walk at all anymore, can barely eat without choking,constantly blowing his nose with blood coming out on kleenex..that poor man is truly suffering..it really shocked my husband so bad that he said he is going to quit smoking! I told him i dont want him to suffer like that like his father! His father has been smoking since he was 15 years old!!! So please try to quit smoking if you can, which i think you can if you get help from your doctor..i know smoking is very addictive worse than drugs or alcohol..thats why i think you need to get help from the doctor. My husband said he is going to the doctor to get help for that. God bless you all !! and please pray for my father in law !

Oh my dear Defee,
I´m very sorry about your father-in-law. You and your family are my thought and prayer.

Thank you for share your concern and positive post here to warn smokers... It remind me of my step-mother who died of lung cancer in 1992.

Yes, I know it´s very very very hard for smokers to quit smoking. It would be good when they try to quit with strong willing.

Liebling:-))) said:
Oh my dear Defee,
I´m very sorry about your father-in-law. You and your family are my thought and prayer.

Thank you for share your concern and positive post here to warn smokers... It remind me of my step-mother who died of lung cancer in 1992.

Yes, I know it´s very very very hard for smokers to quit smoking. It would be good when they try to quit with strong willing.
Thank you, dear Liebling...i really truly appreciate your thoughts and prayers for my poor father in law..it is very hard to watch him suffer..it is heart breaking for us to see him like this..He knows that he has cancer and he blames himself for years of smoking. All we can do is try to make him happy in his last days. Im sorry about your stepmother that she had the same disease too, i hope she didnt suffer too much. Thanks again..Liebling.

Well Well, Myself Smoker!!!! I really don't like smoke inside my home but if no kids around I might smoke in small room where the window open. Actually for winter time HECK I go to my bedroom and shut the door close and sit beside window where it open .. I do wipe the wall once in two months to keep ordor and stain yellow away! It worked! I want my home keep smell clean and safe.

Other way My dad and my sister passedaway beacuse of that SMOKER ! I 've keep tried to quit and then come back smoker.. I know it is not good idea to smoking ciggy!

hhmmm good ???

I am a smoker, I do not like it, and am going to be quiting hhopefully, I have tried several times, but so far no luck :( I do not look badly on ppl who smoke, we all make mistakes. I smoke in the house I am living in now, basicly because they do. But when I have my own house, I do not smoke inside anymore. I smoked when I was pregnant with my son, well, the last month of the pregnancy I did not, I did quit once before, I quit one month before my son was born and I started smoking again when my daughter was 6 months old. (that was two years I did not smoke) When I did not smoke no one was allowed to smoke in my house, and my husband at the time smoked still, he went outside. even after starting smoking again I did not like it in the house around the kids, my son HATES smoke! When I was a kid, my dad smoked, my mom never did, I have asthma now too, so does my mom, so the asthma thing just depends mainly if you carry the gene...yes smoking while pregnant can increase the possibility, but mainly you have to have it in your genes. I smoked when pregnant with my son, he is a lot healthier than my daughter, he hardly ever gets sick, but he does have trouble breathing, but it is in his genes too, so sadly he has double the threat of having asthma :( My daughter, I NEVER smoked while pregnant with her, she get sick so many times :( she always got runny nose, she has severe sinus problems. :( But also, the say breast milk helps a child grow up with less health problems, my son was able to breast feed for about 2 months, my daughter only was able to get two weeks of it :( so that could explain a lot too. Anyway, sorry did nto mean to go off topic or anything...I am a smoker saying you should not smoke inside especially if you have kids around. :)

I just have a general question for any smokers who want to quit. It is something that I can't understand. If someone doesn't want to smoke (for health reasons, beauty reasons, financial reasons, whatever), why does someone buy cigarettes? That seems so simple. If there are no cigarettes in the house, car, or office, then a person can't smoke, right?

Reba said:
I just have a general question for any smokers who want to quit. It is something that I can't understand. If someone doesn't want to smoke (for health reasons, beauty reasons, financial reasons, whatever), why does someone buy cigarettes? That seems so simple. If there are no cigarettes in the house, car, or office, then a person can't smoke, right?

It's an addiction... both mentally and physically. One need a strong willpower to overcome it.

Back