Smoker and non-smoker

Smoker and Non-smoker

• Is it okay to smoke in your house? If yes, why?

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Is it okay to not smoke in your house? If yes, why?

Votes: 56 96.6%

• Total voters
Banjo said:
It's an addiction... both mentally and physically. One need a strong willpower to overcome it.
That's why I thought it would be easier to overcome if the cigarettes are not present in the home or car or office. That is, if the temptation is not available it would be easier to quit. Suppose someone wants to quit smoking and removes all cigarettes from the house. Then, they get a craving for a cigarette. Well, there are no cigarettes in the house to fulfill that craving. Eventually the body will adjust because it has to.

It just seems that it would be easier to quit smoking if a smoker doesn't keep cigarettes around. No one is forced to buy them.

What if cigarettes became illegal to buy starting tomorrow? What would happen to smokers?

Reba said:
I just have a general question for any smokers who want to quit. It is something that I can't understand. If someone doesn't want to smoke (for health reasons, beauty reasons, financial reasons, whatever), why does someone buy cigarettes? That seems so simple. If there are no cigarettes in the house, car, or office, then a person can't smoke, right?
Nicotine. It is very powerful addiction.

Whenever you feel mood to eat the cookies, you will have mildly - hard time to resist to not eat the cookies, right? I believe it is similar experience for smokers. Studies indicated that smoking the cigarettes alter our body's chemicals & hormones which end up addicted to it. I had been in meetings with school officals many times about students and other things, I can notice that some of these people who claimed that they no longer eat the sweet junks yet they were eating the sweet junks in meeting room where our boss tend to bring with him for us to eat.

Like what Banjo said, it is a matter of willpower. Some people suggested that they can start off by consuming the sweet junks (candies, donuts, cookies, etc) to break from nicotine addiction. I dunno if it does work or not but as for me, all I used my willpower to break from it.

Last edited:
Reba said:
What if cigarettes became illegal to buy starting tomorrow? What would happen to smokers?
Either way, black market (cigarettes) economy will be soaring or sweet junk economy will be soaring.

There is no win-win situation.

Cheri said:
Everything gives you cancer, not just from smoking. Look it up, You'll be surprise. ;)
What is this thread? It is Smoker and non-smoker. Yes, you are right that anything can cause cancer. I agree with you. :D

Reba said:
That's why I thought it would be easier to overcome if the cigarettes are not present in the home or car or office. That is, if the temptation is not available it would be easier to quit. Suppose someone wants to quit smoking and removes all cigarettes from the house. Then, they get a craving for a cigarette. Well, there are no cigarettes in the house to fulfill that craving. Eventually the body will adjust because it has to.

It just seems that it would be easier to quit smoking if a smoker doesn't keep cigarettes around. No one is forced to buy them

It not the point of forcing someone to buy cigarettes or smoking them, they are simple addict to it, it wouldn't make no difference if they didn't have them in their homes or in their car or office whatever, they will still get in the car and drive up to the store and buy it or they can either walk to the store....

It not simple as you say it is, like I said earlier in my post, you have to be a smoker to know what it like, so it may be easy said than done, but you haven't tried it yourself....

Banjo said:
It's an addiction... both mentally and physically. One need a strong willpower to overcome it.
that's quite true...about years ago, my dad was really sick...been coughing and vomiting and shit...and then the doctor told him in order to quit smoking, there wouldn't be anymore risks to his health by then and then he did...saying he quit smoking as his new year resloution's...and that was proably about 6 years ago I think. He didn't smoke for awhile but then again...there he goes again! risking his health by smoking more than ever.

what a weakling. :roll:

FeistyChick said:
and even if it is snowing outside.. i can enjoy watching them freezing their asses off!!! :rofl:

:giggle: at FiestyChick's quote.

I agree with the majority, I rather people smoke outside the house because I grew up with a father who used to smoke....he stunk (even a neighbor we used to have told him he reeked), made the house smell of cig smoke, my brother even once complained that our father's smoking was ruining his truck's interior. Dad doesn't smoke anymore, thank goodness. :) Our house smells cleaner and nicer now.

The reason Dad quit smoking years ago was that he was getting the beginnings of emphysema and kept coughing. Since he quit, no more! :)

Nancy said:
:giggle: at FiestyChick's quote.

I agree with the majority, I rather people smoke outside the house because I grew up with a father who used to smoke....he stunk (even a neighbor we used to have told him he reeked), made the house smell of cig smoke, my brother even once complained that our father's smoking was ruining his truck's interior. Dad doesn't smoke anymore, thank goodness. :) Our house smells cleaner and nicer now.
The reason Dad quit smoking years ago was that he was getting the beginnings of emphysema and kept coughing. Since he quit, no more! :)

True Nancy, I grew up with family who are heavily smoking... They smoke in the house.... I didn´t pay attention on smokers until I learn difference between smoking in the house and no smoking in the house... I realized that non-smoking in the house is the best.

I voted no. I dont allow anybody to smoking in the house because of second hand, smells horrible in the house, etc like that. There have many, many of reasons why I dont allow people smoking in the house. So they have to smoke outside.

Cheri said:
I thought Vampy locked this thread? :confused:

Oh I got it now! I can´t see the sense why anyone complaint about my thread... *shake my head*

Anyway, I was like :confused: when I saw Vampy lock my thread. I got Admin. and Moderator to re-open my thread. I can´t see the sense why they lock my thread for because there´re no insult and bash here.

For your information, none of smokers are complaint about smoking but admit their regret and wish to quit smoking... I like anyone who admit their mistakes, sorry, etc... I can´t see the sense why anyone deny when creators want to create their threads about smoking... Yes, I´m agree that there´re many threads... All what I wish for Admin. and Moderator to fix from new threads to old threads.

All what I want say is show RESPECT on any threads what creators created.
Its about venting, ranting, share information, etc.

Simple ignore threads if you don´t like.

I'm a smoker and do smoke in the house and in my car. I also have asthma (moderate) and constantly uses my inhaler. Until yesterday, I called my pharmacist to get a refill on my inhaler, the pharmacist said "you're 12 days too early to be getting another refill" I was like :confuse:. The pharmacist said if I use the inhaler too much then I'm going to have heart problems so yesterday evening was my last puff on cigs. I haven't had a cig since yesterday and its driving me crazy. I'm scared that I may not be able to quit but its all about willpower to overcome my addiction. I really want to quit. I was thinking about my daughter's health too so I'm doing it right now.

I voted that its not okay to smoke in the house but I did smoke in my house.. as for others that don't want people smoking in their house, I respect them.

Sweetheart said:
I voted no. I dont allow anybody to smoking in the house because of second hand, smells horrible in the house, etc like that. There have many, many of reasons why I dont allow people smoking in the house. So they have to smoke outside.

I absolutely agree with Sweetheart. Years before Dana Reeve's death, I lost my fav aunt and uncle because of cigarettes. He smoked for years; she didn't. She died from heart attack and other things related to years of breathing second hand smoke. He died of heart and breathing problems after spending a month in ICU. Both spent several hundreds of dollars a year on prescriptions before their deaths.

My father smoked for years. Then three things happened almost simultaneously to make him quit - his 50th birthday, his first grandchild, and his first heart attack. Docs told him if he didn't quit smoking he wouldn't live long enough to see his granddaughter start school. He quit and didn't allow anyone else to smoke in the house after that. Last summer, he watched that little girl graduate from college. He's even able to keep up with his great-grandson now. :)

Back