Sign Language is not easy to do!

B

Buckdodgers

You have to learn the whole english vocabulary to communicate in a conversation with Sign Language.I perfer to go to lip reading school cause i can still speak in very good vocabulary.Sign Language if you sign with a wrong word you wont understand what im saying.

Um. No. Why don't you go learn ASL and THEN come back and talk about it? Sputtering ignorance just makes you look silly.

Buckdodgers said:
Sign Language if you sign with a wrong word you wont understand what im saying.
Oh, God! I'm living proof that that's not true. I make mistakes all the time; sometimes even when I know the sign, something between my brain and my hands shorts out and it still comes out wrong. The other day, I was trying to tell someone I used to manage an apt. complex, but instead of "manage" it came out "describe". But the person I was signing to understood what I meant.

Buckdodgers,

Have you been to oral schools all your life is that the reason of you not knowing ASL? ASL isn't hard to learn, matter of fact it's fun and interesting. I did enjoyed every signs that I learned from my friends, from sign language books. I can make mistakes in my signs too at times, There is nothing to be embarrassed about. Everyone makes mistakes. Sometimes when I signed too fast, I messed up. Oh well, shit happens. :thumb:

I've seen a 2 years older signs so good, how can it be so hard for an adult to learn how to sign when it so easy for a 2 years old to learn it? If my children can sign so can you.... :fingersx:

children pick up languaes SOOO much easier than adults. During early childhood your a sponge, you take in everything around you.

when you get older your brain isn't as suseptible to new information the way you are as a kid....so saying "my kids can do it, why can't you" is unfair. some adults are incapable of learning new languages

Cheri said:
Buckdodgers,

Have you been to oral schools all your life is that the reason of you not knowing ASL? ASL isn't hard to learn, matter of fact it's fun and interesting. I did enjoyed every signs that I learned from my friends, from sign language books. I can make mistakes in my signs too at times, There is nothing to be embarrassed about. Everyone makes mistakes. Sometimes when I signed too fast, I messed up. Oh well, shit happens. :thumb:

yeah I caught your sign very fast with middle finger in the middle of conversation. :giggle:

just kidding

Kalista said:
yeah I caught your sign very fast with middle finger in the middle of conversation. :giggle:

just kidding

:rofl: Very Funni!

Buckdodgers said:
You have to learn the whole english vocabulary to communicate in a conversation with Sign Language.I perfer to go to lip reading school cause i can still speak in very good vocabulary.Sign Language if you sign with a wrong word you wont understand what im saying.

Are you a snotty person ? !! sound like it to me ...

Ariakkas said:
children pick up languaes SOOO much easier than adults. During early childhood your a sponge, you take in everything around you.

when you get older your brain isn't as suseptible to new information the way you are as a kid....so saying "my kids can do it, why can't you" is unfair. some adults are incapable of learning new languages

Really? my grandmother learned sign language by attending class and she wasn't like my parents who said it was so hard to learn and they gave up trying ...

What if a hearing parents has a deaf child, are they going to say I'm incapable of learning sign language cause it's too hard, that's giving up and not trying to learn them just for their deaf child...

its a proven medical fact that babies and toddlers pick up languages easier than adults, theres not much else i can say on that specific subject...believe what you want.

as for your other comments...thats just nit picking. you take one example that contradicts what i said and present it as the norm.

i didn't say all adults were incapable of learning new languages, i said some.

and as for your last comment...sadly in my job i see that everyday. its certainly more common than a parent that actually does know sign.

my comment before was simply put...you cannot compare learning a language as an adult to how a child learns language. saying "my kid can do it, why can't you" is an unfair statement. everyone is different. and children pick up and retain information differently than adults do, espically language.

sign language is not hard, I already know some signs , it is so much fun,If i can learn sign language so can alot of others, i would say.
I have alot of special needs. I have deafness,adhd,mild mental retardation,communication disorder,ptsd,panic disorder,depression, I also have trouble with comprehending what people say and i have a hard time expressing myself.

Umm I did not say " why can't you " I said " If my children can sign so can you ", so please don't twist my word around, anyone could learn sign language, no matter how old or young they are and I'm sorry that you see it differently Ariakkas...

Most of my hearing friends, grandmother and my children thinks learning sign language is so much fun!!...

Buckdodgers said:
You have to learn the whole english vocabulary to communicate in a conversation with Sign Language.

I don't get it. Why do you have to know English vocabulary to communicate in sign? To INTERPRET, maybe, but otherwise...???

Its not that HARD! Reading the lips is HARDER than signing language.. Its all about your effort. If you truly want to learn sign language. You will success at it. Its all about effort and motive! Simply

There was a resource teacher who wanted to learn sign language, but she claimed she couldn't because she is left handed. I think she was just lazy, and I think she should be required to learn it because she deals with students who do not speak, so she needs their interpreters to help with homework. She needed to get her butt into a class to learn it properlly IMO.

Cheri said:
Buckdodgers,

CutePommie said:
Are you a snotty person ? !! sound like it to me ...

How does somebody who is having difficulty signing make them a snotty person? Its like saying that somebody who cannot write a complete and grammatically correct English sentence is stupid.

Taylor said:
How does somebody who is having difficulty signing make them a snotty person? Its like saying that somebody who cannot write a complete and grammatically correct English sentence is stupid.

See what it say :quote: from Buckdodgers [I perfer to go to lip reading school cause i can still speak in very good vocabulary.Sign Language if you sign with a wrong word you wont understand what im saying.]

See it say * I prefer* .. (so why are you bother me Taylor !! Grrr!!)

Buckdodgers said:
Sign Language if you sign with a wrong word you wont understand what im saying.
If I sign the wrong word, I won't understand what you're saying? That doesn't make sense. Shouldn't it be...
Buckdodgers said:
Sign Language if I sign with a wrong word you wont understand what im saying.
;)

Back