Sex Offender's Attacker: 'I Would Do It Again'

And just how would you do that? How would you know you'll have a sidekick with you when you happen to see that 4 years old outside alone? And if you didn't have your sidekick would you just leave and go somewhere else to find help leaving that 4 years old alone would make a differences? I'm sure Reba would have called the police if she had a cellular phone.

I have a sidekick. I take it everywhere with me. I can call the CPS AND THE COPS via relay on my sidekick. And I will.

I have a sidekick. I take it everywhere with me. I can call the CPS AND THE COPS via relay on my sidekick. And I will.

Read post 140, as Reba stated there rarely were cellular phones during that time and as for sidekicks there were none. But, for future references that's good.

And as for CPS, they do not rush over right away, I know that for matter of fact.

Ditto, I bring my mobile phone with me when I go everywhere, also work place as well... My boys have mobile phones, too...

Read post 140, as Reba stated there rarely were cellular phones during that time and as for sidekicks there were none. But, for future references that's good.

And as for CPS, they do not rush over right away, I know that for matter of fact.

But Reba´s experience was at few years ago, not long years ago.

Good for you! You need to put CPS' phone number on your address book through your SK. Or you can find CPS through yellow pages.

Why not you have sidekick in first place when you're attend to college. You need to bring your sidekick all the times! If you don't know where is the area. If you don't know what is CPS phone number then you can use your cellphone to call Police. They will find you and the children. Because police department have satellite with GPS. Police will contact to CPS and come pick the children up. That's simple!

A parent who allows a child this young to play outside unsupervised should be charged with child endangerment or child neglect. CPS should have been called. If I were Reba I would have called CPS right away.

When I was in my first year of college, I was riding the city bus to school. On the way to school, I saw a 2-year-old child and a 3-year-old child playing on the island in the middle of a busy street. No adult were around. I would have called CPS but I didn't have a cell phone or Sidekick with me, and I didn't know the area well enough to know the address/street to give to the CPS (I had just moved to that city). I was shocked! The children were also dirty. I hope someone called the CPS, though. They could have been abducted, or gotten hurt. :eek3: This happened in Saint Cloud, Minnesota in 2001.

No, but if you simoly call the police and relate the situation, they will respond immediately, and they, too will notify CPS that a child is being neglected and has been placed an a potentially dangerous situation.

I had noticed about many older children (like 10-12 years old) has been around store, swimming pool (like happened in Orlando during my vacation, PCB in last few years ago), play around street, playground and other activities stuff without any supervised, I'm not responsible for call police, CPS or dept of human resource, unless I would do if see any child who is younger, like 5 years old that walk on street alone or somewhere like that but rarely to see them for me.

When I went to swimming pool, the rule on gate said anyone who is under 13 years aren't allow go here without any supervised, parent or guardian, I'm sure that people who work at office in condo or housing community would caught them if happened, even it seems like poor enforcement at night in some area.

Back then there were no Sidekicks, and car phones were rare. Olden days.[/QUOTE]

LOL!
My brother in CT first had a bag phone in his car--remember those? They were HUGE!

Around 1996, Hubby got his first numeric one-way pager for his business. Wow! Hi-tech! :lol: If he got a page, he searched for a pay phone so he could call back.

My brother in CT first had a bag phone in his car--remember those? They were HUGE!

Around 1996, Hubby got his first numeric one-way pager for his business. Wow! Hi-tech! :lol: If he got a page, he searched for a pay phone so he could call back.

Oh, Gawd, I remember those bag phones. It took 2 hands for me to hold one!

And the pagers, too. :laugh2:

No, but if you simoly call the police and relate the situation, they will respond immediately, and they, too will notify CPS that a child is being neglected and has been placed an a potentially dangerous situation.

I know police can get CPS right away but, I'm talking about us citizens.

That is true I know if someone here in WV report something to CPS it can take up to three months before they will look at a report.

That is true I know if someone here in WV report something to CPS it can take up to three months before they will look at a report.

Yea, I know :( CPS needs major improvements in order to insure the safety of children.

Us citizens, at least here in California are mandated reporters! I think it might be true in most other states.

If the police are called by a citizen, they will respond to take care of the immediate situation for which they were called and then a report is submitted to Child Protective Services.

Maybe in other states, budgets for a lot of departments are being cut. I know CA will be facing a lot of those very soon.

If the police are called by a citizen, they will respond to take care of the immediate situation for which they were called and then a report is submitted to Child Protective Services.
I know that. just forget it, I don't feel like repeating it. You and jillio are not getting the understanding of what I was saying. Pepsi got me. :)

Back