Rolled My Car Today!!!

I'm not sure if i want to get another car i'm really scared about driving again. And for some of those you might remember last year i got into a horse accident so now i've rolled a horse and a car anyone else thing of anything else i can roll and almost kill myself doing so i can stear clear

I can see that - you should blame someone about the road not your accident. Show them that you have had an accident at the "dead man's corner" they should have raised the issue to have the road repaired or something? I hope the insurance can replace you another car.

I agree. There is a dead man's curve in my old hometown in Minnesota. I heard that they're changing the route a bit so there won't be a dead man's curve anymore for the sake of safety. It'd be boring but it'll spare us from getting into rollovers.

Oh wow.. ya sure were lucky just to walk away with injuries.. ahh ya gonna have to somehow get back into the groove of driving in no time but do take time to work something out and then ya will be back to driving in no time!

o wow! glad ur ok! something similar happened 2 my friends but slight bend not curve and there was a malfunction in the car and they hit a tree and one of my friends died instantly and the other had really bad injuries and was hospitalized for months and lots of rehab and physio but is walking again but with pains n such but happy he is ok!.
How is ur wrist? broken?

God must have been with you at the time of the accident. Whew You are indeed so lucky to be alive after this incident! Looking at the pictures and thinking if there were people with you. they might not make it. *shudder*

Take it easy and rest and try not to think of what ifs etc. I will keep ya in my prayers for a speedy recovery. :)

I agree. There is a dead man's curve in my old hometown in Minnesota. I heard that they're changing the route a bit so there won't be a dead man's curve anymore for the sake of safety. It'd be boring but it'll spare us from getting into rollovers.

have you guys ever heard of "roundabouts?"

Praise God your alive , He was protecting you through this accident. I sure hope you get well soon and get pleny of rest to a full recovery. I will pray for you.

you're lucky to be in one piece and survived that dead man curve. your car sure looks totalled. you should take your time to feel comfortable to drive again sometime. I think they should ''loosen'' that curve and install some slow down warning signs with arrows. is it a busy road?

Wow those pics gave me the chills. I am glad that you came out of it with no serious injuries. Take it easy. :hug:

Here's one example of series of tight curves on I-5 right near Lake Shasta...you can scroll up and down and see some of the curves. There are warning LED signs with flashing lights warn you slow down to 50 mph from 65 mph speed limit. It's scary going on a curve going downhill torwards the bridge across the lake.

I-5 curves in Nor-Cal

you're lucky to be in one piece and survived that dead man curve. your car sure looks totalled. you should take your time to feel comfortable to drive again sometime. I think they should ''loosen'' that curve and install some slow down warning signs with arrows. is it a busy road?

It really depeands on the time of day before school and after 5-7 it usually is but at 10 no one is on it that's why i forced myself to get out of my car cause i didn't know how long it was going to be before the next car came by. well i'm pretty sure i got 0 sleep last night between the nightmares replaying in my head of it and the pain.

It's kinda a good thing though cause i work in a kindergarten class for my school and today i'm going to ask the teacher if i can bring the pictures in and show the kids why it is so important to always wear a seat belt if you look on the pictures all my windows but the window i had to roll down to get out of are shattered i could have gone flying out of any of them or hit the windsheild and went flying out the windsheild if i hadn't been belted in. I owe my life to god right now without his protection i would not be here. i must have one pretty amazing gaurdian angel!

It really depeands on the time of day before school and after 5-7 it usually is but at 10 no one is on it that's why i forced myself to get out of my car cause i didn't know how long it was going to be before the next car came by. well i'm pretty sure i got 0 sleep last night between the nightmares replaying in my head of it and the pain.

Yeah, I know how you feel about that when something really bad happens and you can't get the mind off it for a while.

It's kinda a good thing though cause i work in a kindergarten class for my school and today i'm going to ask the teacher if i can bring the pictures in and show the kids why it is so important to always wear a seat belt if you look on the pictures all my windows but the window i had to roll down to get out of are shattered i could have gone flying out of any of them or hit the windsheild and went flying out the windsheild if i hadn't been belted in. I owe my life to god right now without his protection i would not be here. i must have one pretty amazing gaurdian angel!

I think that is a great idea to educate the kids about safety when riding in the cars with their parents when something happens...ya never know. I noticed some kids refuse to put on seat belts. You are lucky to wear seat belt for added protection. I walked away without a scratch when I fell asleep at the wheel long time ago. I ran thru a forest of small trees...it ran over the little tree from what the damage looks like. I was going about 55-60 mph early in the morning on I-880 in San Francisco Bay area. I was lucky that I didn't hit a sound wall, that could have been worse.

:eek:

I'm so surprised that you did not received any serious injured or death, because it looks like you've been into a horrific accident. I'm glad you're all-right and I'm sorry about your car though. :hug:

Whoa, I'm just glad you're ok, looks like your guardian angel was protecting you that day...

I'm not sure if i want to get another car i'm really scared about driving again. And for some of those you might remember last year i got into a horse accident so now i've rolled a horse and a car anyone else thing of anything else i can roll and almost kill myself doing so i can stear clear
That's a normal reaction. But like you know about horses, when you get thrown by one, you need to get back in the saddle again to overcome the fear. Of course, I'm not saying to rush back into a car; take your time. But be assured that you will gradually become comfortable in a car again. It just takes time. :hug:

Back