research paper on deaf community

Hoichi mostly posts like a man with big hand on a tiny phone keyboard.

Nothing to do with English skills.

Give the man a computer ...

Attack? Huh? All I'm implying is that it's not the type of written English that you'd find at a highly competitive college. It wasn't an attack or sarcasm.
I can understand what hochi is getting at... Or are you talking about DrPhil? I'm kinda confused with what you're getting at with this post.

I was saying that you were correct about some hearing (most of their life) have worse grammar and syntax than some deaf folks. DrPhil here is one of those. Many of his posts make no sense at all.

back to my research paper...i am from california. and yea i do understand that the deaf culture isnt just one group of people...its many different people from different cultures. but i guess what im trying to ask is does the deaf community have gender specific roles? what are the rules within the community if any? like when u sign or going to peoples houses etc. i guess what ur manners for the deaf community.

back to my research paper...i am from california. and yea i do understand that the deaf culture isnt just one group of people...its many different people from different cultures. but i guess what im trying to ask is does the deaf community have gender specific roles? what are the rules within the community if any? like when u sign or going to peoples houses etc. i guess what ur manners for the deaf community.
I would say no. Probably more equality in Deaf culture, Deafness does not define Gender. Religion, nationality, ethnicity, cultural norms of where you live define Gender roles
My gender and sexual identity have exactly ZERO to do with being deaf.

My question to you is why would you think it would have the remotest influence in the first place

I would say no. Probably more equality in Deaf culture, Deafness does not define Gender. Religion, nationality, ethnicity, cultural norms of where you live define Gender roles
My gender and sexual identity have exactly ZERO to do with being deaf.

My question to you is why would you think it would have the remotest influence in the first place
well said..

You know, in grad school (and hell, college) I would have been slayed alive for doing research this way.

It's very insulting to be questioned this way, to boot. Also it seems as if this person has no idea of how sexuality works in real life, nor any idea of how a Deaf community works.

I don't go into my hearing friends homes and announce, "Hey, I'm gay!" or go into a group of my partner's coworkers and say "Hey, I'm gay" anymore than I'd do it in a group of Deaf. I'd say it in an LBGTQ support group.

I don't go into my hearing friends homes and announce, "Hey, I'm gay!" or go into a group of my partner's coworkers and say "Hey, I'm gay" anymore than I'd do it in a group of Deaf. I'd say it in an LBGTQ support group.

Do you even have to? I think for majority of gays/ lesbians it's pretty obvious you are one. if not right away, after a while.

Fuzzy

Do you even have to? I think for majority of gays/ lesbians it's pretty obvious you are one. if not right away, after a while.

Fuzzy

For one, it isn't necessarily obvious the minute you meet someone. For two, I used it as shorthand and I probably shouldn't have for the entire spectrum. I doubt people can tell a pansexual from someone who is asexual just by meeting them. I can't remember the last time someone picked up on my own particular orientation without me telling them first. Men can appear to be gay or straight but actually be bisexual. Women can appear to be gay or straight but actually be bisexual. They may be polyamorous.

For one, it isn't necessarily obvious the minute you meet someone. For two, I used it as shorthand and I probably shouldn't have for the entire spectrum. I doubt people can tell a pansexual from someone who is asexual just by meeting them. I can't remember the last time someone picked up on my own particular orientation without me telling them first. Men can appear to be gay or straight but actually be bisexual. Women can appear to be gay or straight but actually be bisexual. They may be polyamorous.

Ever heard pan sexual before...whats the difference between pan and bi?
Polyamourus isnt A sexuality its a behivioir, like monogamy is but its opposite.. As far as i know,

Deaf people tend to stay at parties and deaf events longer than hearing people. We call this Deaf Standard Time (DST).

Pansexuality is attraction to any gender or sexual identity, often because the gender or sex identity is irrelevant. Some consider it a subset of bisexuality but I don't know about that. At any rate, gender and sexual identity come on a spectrum, not specific slots you fit into. Unless you're actually having sex.

What is this obsession over gender identity? You are either a dude .. or a non-dude.

Period. If anyone is confused, I can clear it up. And I won't charge an exorbitant fee either.

Pansexuality is attraction to any gender or sexual identity, often because the gender or sex identity is irrelevant. Some consider it a subset of bisexuality but I don't know about that. At any rate, gender and sexual identity come on a spectrum, not specific slots you fit into. Unless you're actually having sex.
Pansexuality is a sexual identity not a gender identity.
What is this obsession over gender identity? You are either a dude .. or a non-dude.

Period. If anyone is confused, I can clear it up. And I won't charge an exorbitant fee either.
You are thinking that ones gender identity is only established by what is between ones legs. This is not.the case. Gender identity is primarily established by social and cultural norms.

I dunno, if mn following...
Bisexual is one is attracted to both sexes
Hetrosexual is your atracted to opposite sex
Homosexual is your attracted to the same sex
Metrosexual is you like hsving sex on subways
Pansexul seems to just be another name for bi
Unless im missing something...

Back