research paper on deaf community

What is with you about hearie or culturally hearing people if you are referring to Culturally Deaf people? You don't know anything about audism coming from hearing people.

Beside, Hoichi is Deaf and his writing ability is different from the way he write like I do write. I sign ASL. I just keep reading a lot of books, even on computer over the years. I went through three colleges to try to work on my English. It is really rude for you to criticize Hoichi or any other d/Deaf people who could not help making the English right. No one is perfect.

I think the hearing parents or any other hearing members will learn why many Deaf people had or has difficult trying to make English correct. We can not hear or try to understand English well. It is hard to grasp. Please don't criticize their English as it is not their fault. I don't like having you make the comments to Hoichi or any other members here. Refrain from criticize on their errors.

As for CI, it would be up to the children or adults to decide if they want to have CI. As a matter of fact, I oppose to having CI as it is surgery. Putting the device(s) is not the best way to go as sometimes the device(s) can fail or not work at all. Just use your own opinion but not criticize the Deaf members. :(

I was answering his question. Nothing more. He constantly attacks people who come here with ligitimate questions he calls them out for drilling holes in their heads sticking wires in, claiming they are destroying his language and world. Accusing them off being part of some mass capitalist scheme. Telling me what i should and shouldn't do with my life and judges what methods i should use to communicate with my own children! !! Yet he knows nothing about me or the struggles of my life. And i will have you know I am Deaf. I'm bilingual and bicultural I clearly articulated why he is doing a disservice to our culture with his continued misinformation and comments He claims he can write with correct English Prose. I explained why he should then do so that presents Deaf in best possible light. I have an excellent understanding of the challenges of teaching oral/aural language to those who are Deaf. we need to be building bridges between hearing and Deaf world's not building walls. We can advocate for our culture without shuting the other out.
I did not criticize his written English. He claims he can write both ways. Either he is lying or he purposely wants to provide support to Audist arguments. Why do you have to defend him. He does not seem to have a problem belittling people who don't sign and come here asking questions.
How can hoichi know anything about what is like to have a CI when he has never had one. He is merely repeating decades old propaganda.
My whole issue is that he constantly makes comments unrelated to the question or topic addressed. He does so often in an aggressive manner. People leave the site and leave with negative impression of Deaf Culture and thus a negative impression of me and my friends as we are a part of that culture.
Basically he trolls the forum instead of providing relevant and useful information to the questions at hand. I tried nicely several times to show him a better approach. He is like the anthesis of Dr.Phil..... polar opposite but equally misguided and annoying. Im sure his constant referral to "hearies" is just similarly offensive to hearing members here as DrPhil's hundreds of uses of Deaf Militants term is to the culturally Deaf members.
Hoichi seems unwilling or unable to consider our listen to any viewpoints other than his own.

We don't correct others' grammar on this forum. Be nice.

Calling attention to the need to proofread for typos such as having hit the key beside the correct one is not grammar. And . . . it can make the post message much easier to read. Don't you want people to get their message across as clearly as possible?

I'm a hearie and I don't find hoichi's posts to portray a negative stereotype of the Deaf. His English is fine--it's his typing that gives me a headache. :lol:

Especially, I'm annoyed by the appearance of periods in the wrong places because they interrupt the flow of the content.

I would appreciate more proofreading before posting but it doesn't influence how I view Deaf people in general.

Yeah, but take another look at post #32....I think that's where he goofed and got the response he did......

I'm a hearie and I don't find hoichi's posts to portray a negative stereotype of the Deaf. His English is fine--it's his typing that gives me a headache. :lol:

Especially, I'm annoyed by the appearance of periods in the wrong places because they interrupt the flow of the content.

I would appreciate more proofreading before posting but it doesn't influence how I view Deaf people in general.

oh my lord reb you have problems with mine then...I put periods in so I can see better plus bad hands to painful see and type sametime,i usually posted before see typo being dyslexic I not know if it is error.
anyhow OP many years ago 1985 I spoke to Deaf guy who was doing a paper about gay deaf and sex he was doing master's I think.If you go to bbc deaf media may get info....he felt it was something overlooked.My husband is gay it not a problem for me but I sure must be a paper somewhere in that...I relied on him when went deaf he did caring maybe to much bc he came out of closet thought let me down so to make up for it he did everything for me hindsight this was wrong we both taught not allow this to happen but it did and habbits hard to break....is this sort of thing you looking at...anything else you have pm me

[

My problem is that whether you realize it or not you are perpetuating that stereotype and supporting Audist arguments by not using proper English grammer and syntax(when addressing previously stated audiences). The average deaf student graduates high school with a 4 th grade reading and writing level. .do.

Im perpetuating no such thing. I write english as i write it. This is NOT a forum only for university grads,all d/Deaf are welcome here, regardless of education level. I write good english, that said when i get critized by types like you, im more then happy to use an oralist term you sure are fimiliare with (refert to bieng Deaf)

My p I was correcting your incorrect statement and assumptions about this forum. do.
I mades NO inccorect statement or assumptions, the forum is called alldeaf. Until that changes i will believe what the forum says it is alldeaf..

My pEspecially when most of your comments in your "deafie" text are on threads started by culturally hearing people. There are still many hearing professionals that will tell hearing parents that oralism is better and that signing leads to poor written and reading language skills. do.

Yes

My p It is obvious you do not possess the knowledge to properly support the use on ASL versus oralism in the educational setting.do.
All you have done is attack my use of english grammar, and not any of my ideas which to me only demonstrates your lack of knowledge, degrees aside.. As for me lacking knowlege indeed, how true, but i DO have experience, i am Deaf, i went to Deaf school, i am fluent in my language, i have personaly seen what oralism has sowed and reaped on my culture. sure i agree i need to read more.books...

My p I respect that you value our Deaf culture. But your poor representation of our culture to hearing community that comes here to the hearing aid and cochlear implant forum is beyond annoying. do.
I dont poorly represent anything. Anyone can go to your charished subforun and see my posts, i ask questions, i offer what i feel to be the superior technology, i believe real choice is knowing all ths options. you can be anoyed with that all you want..

My pPersonally i do not believe you can present a well thought out argument that is relevant to the question asked in "hearie English," otherwise know as proper English to the rest of us. do.
I respect you believe that. Cool

My pNow if a parent comes here asking if they should get a CI or use ASL with their child I shall be happy to demonstrate a well organized and through argument on the topic. So the parent can make a truely informed consent decision. Which by the way, almost no CI centers actually do.

Please do so...i think that will be great.

Last edited:
[

I was answering his question. Nothing more. He constantly attacks people who come here with ligitimate questions own.
I have attacked no one

he calls them out for drilling holes in their heads sticking wires in,own.
Last time i checked ci requires drilled holes and wires. Pls correct me if im wrong. Thank you
claiming they are destroying his language and world. Accusing them off being part of some mass capitalist scheme. own.
The multinational companies that push ci and the ideology that drives them are destroying my culture, and language are having a negative impact on my culture and language. These companies are drivin by profit. They are capitalist companies.

Telling me what i should and shouldn't do with my life and judges what methods i should use to communicate with my own children! !! n.

I have done no such thing. I asked you questions, i offered what i belive is the superior technology. show where i told you what you should or shoulnt do?

Yet he knows nothing about me or the struggles of my life. n.
And you knoW nothing of me, or mine. Its besides the point. For someone who claims to be so educated you sure seem unable or unwilling to engage in ideas, rather its always personal with you..

I wa And i will have you know I am Deaf. I'm bilingual and bicultural I clearly articulated why he is doing a disservice to our culture with his continued misinformation and comments He claims he can write with correct English Prose. I explained why he should then do so that presents Deaf in best possible light.
n.
In other words, hoichi disagrees with me,and so i will argue he is doing a diservice rather then engage his ideas...

I have an excellent understanding of the challenges of teaching oral/aural language to those who are Deaf. n.
Well that explains everything doesnt it.

we need to be building bridges between hearing and Deaf world's not building walls. We can advocate for our culture without shuting the other out. n.
SIGN is that bridge.

I did not criticize his written English. He claims he can write both ways. Either he is lying or he purposely wants to provide support to Audist arguments. Why do you have to defend him. He does not seem to have a problem belittling people who don't sign and come here asking questions. n.
my english is to my education level. I am working on improving it. Thank you for your concern.

How can hoichi know anything about what is like to have a CI when he has never had one. He is merely repeating decades old propaganda. n.
I do noT need to have a ci in order to see the ramifications of it on my culture. Im not repeating decades old propoganda, on the contrary im rather current. If anyone is repeating propoganda here is you.

My whole issue is that he constantly makes comments unrelated to the question or topic addressed. n.
Sign is very related to the issue of ci. Are you arguing otherwise? Pls by all means explain.

He does so often in an aggressive manner. n.
i do no such thing my post stand as they Stand.nothing at all agressive about them.
People leave the site and leave with negative impression of Deaf Culture and thus a negative impression of me and my friends as we are a part of that culture. n.
Your fear mongerinG. But this is a discussion forum. All opinions are On here. Sorry if thats hard for your educated mind to accept.

Basically he trolls n.
o i c. Because i have a different opinion then you i troll..

the forum instead of providing relevant and useful information to the questions at hand. I tried nicely several times to show him a better approach. He is like the anthesis of Dr.Phil..... polar opposite but equally misguided and annoying. Im sure his constant referral to "hearies" is just similarly offensive to hearing members here as DrPhil's hundreds of uses of Deaf Militants term is to the culturally Deaf members. n.
I do provide usefull informatioN. You just wish it peoplE dont know all the availible information.
Hoichi seems unwilling or unable to consider our listen to any viewpoints other than his own.
Look Whos talking.

Last edited:
What is with you about hearie or culturally hearing people if you are referring to Culturally Deaf people? You don't know anything about audism coming from hearing people.

Beside, Hoichi is Deaf and his writing ability is different from the way he write like I do write. I sign ASL. I just keep reading a lot of books, even on computer over the years. I went through three colleges to try to work on my English. It is really rude for you to criticize Hoichi or any other d/Deaf people who could not help making the English right. No one is perfect.

I think the hearing parents or any other hearing members will learn why many Deaf people had or has difficult trying to make English correct. We can not hear or try to understand English well. It is hard to grasp. Please don't criticize their English as it is not their fault. I don't like having you make the comments to Hoichi or any other members here. Refrain from criticize on their errors.

As for CI, it would be up to the children or adults to decide if they want to have CI. As a matter of fact, I oppose to having CI as it is surgery. Putting the device(s) is not the best way to go as sometimes the device(s) can fail or not work at all. Just use your own opinion but not criticize the Deaf members. :(
Thank you bebonang.

Ill make sure to proof read before posting....thank you for your patience

I didnt goofe.

I'm, not so sure about that as it seems really to shine the light on another thread wherein you acquiesced the point that there's this wide chasm between the "D" and "d" that keeps us ALL from coming together to fight on some issues.......

I'm, not so sure about that as it seems really to shine the light on another thread wherein you acquiesced the point that there's this wide chasm between the "D" and "d" that keeps us ALL from coming together to fight on some issues.......
I have no plm with you believing so..all cool.
That chasm in my eyes is oralist ideology. Which is insidous. But i explained my post.
Ill "revert to being Deaf" if confronted with an oralist. Im not ashamed. Im Deaf. to be Deaf is a gift not a.curse.

I have no plm with you believing so..all cool.
That chasm in my eyes is oralist ideology. Which is insidous. But i explained my post.
Ill "revert to being Deaf" if confronted with an oralist. Im not ashamed. Im Deaf. to be Deaf is a gift not a.curse.

Oh, I agree; never said otherwise. Trick is in getting everyone strategically together to pursue a cause common to us all.

Oh, I agree; never said otherwise. Trick is in getting everyone strategically together to pursue a cause common to us all.

Sure, but its the 'common' part here that is the rub. That is the trick. not much in common i share wifh those who wish to and are constantly inplanting our babies, and wish to and are forceing us to speak, or wish for and are dreaming for uS to become hearie. so on.i know you dont push this tousie, im just being clear re 'common'
I share common ground with all those who accept and respect sign...sign is the superioR technology to ci. Sign is our bridge. we are a lingusitic minority. we are facing a grim future. audsim is ingrained and rampant, oralism is steady and growing, the multinational companies of ci,which resemble pharmaceutical companies in their deep deep pockets, and manufacturing of dependence, their manipulation, there goaL to rid the world of people like us,
i have no common ground witb them.
i wont go meakly into the night. I wont shut up and be assimilated.
Sign will....(refer to my sig)

I didnt goofe.
Hey man, I want to apologize if you felt I was criticizing your English. It was not my intent. I was just trying to explain my perspective. Been really stressed last couple weeks. Hopefully by May things will be better for me.
So hopefully no hard feelings. Sorry.
Huggles [emoji197]

Hey man, I want to apologize if you felt I was criticizing your English. It was not my intent. I was just trying to explain my perspective. Been really stressed last couple weeks. Hopefully by May things will be better for me.
Huggles [emoji197]

No plm man, all cool. all cool..
:cool:

Huggles [emoji197]

And then again his English isn't too bad. It's not "Queen's English"...but neither is it horrendously bad. I've seen worse from HEARING English speakers!
You can get the gist of what he is saying. He uses decent grammar, syntax etc...as opposed to the oral deaf/HOH woman(raised pure oral no "contaimination" with ASL/Sign or Deaf Ed) I know who still has difficulty with the difference between boycotted and boycotting. Heck, I know hearing people who cannot write a coherent sentence.

And then again his English isn't too bad. It's not "Queen's English"...but neither is it horrendously bad. I've seen worse from HEARING English speakers!
You can get the gist of what he is saying. He uses decent grammar, syntax etc...as opposed to the oral deaf/HOH woman(raised pure oral no "contaimination" with ASL/Sign or Deaf Ed) I know who still has difficulty with the difference between boycotted and boycotting. Heck, I know hearing people who cannot write a coherent sentence.
Ha, there is always DrPhil and the attack is the quotation marks. I wonder how many """"""""" have to die to make a single one of his posts. [emoji48] [emoji197]

Ha, there is always DrPhil and the attack is the quotation marks. I wonder how many """"""""" have to die to make a single one of his posts. [emoji48] [emoji197]

Attack? Huh? All I'm implying is that it's not the type of written English that you'd find at a highly competitive college. It wasn't an attack or sarcasm.
I can understand what hochi is getting at... Or are you talking about DrPhil? I'm kinda confused with what you're getting at with this post.

Back