research paper on deaf community

I wear reading glasses, so I KNOW I'm smart! :lol:

(re: post #11)

my class is about culture and the way men and women act a certain way or do certain things based on what the norm in their culture. some cultures women stay home and men are the only ones to work. is there something like that in the deaf culture?
well, we had alot of sex in deafie school, if thats what you asking, and washroom stalls had our names on.it for ************ (dance with self...)stalls, the dorms allot of.sex, school cant stop,
Hearie kids learn.sex ed from books, we learn real fast in.dorms

well, we had alot of sex in deafie school, if thats what you asking, and washroom stalls had our names on.it for ************ (dance with self...)stalls, the dorms allot of.sex, school cant stop,
Hearie kids learn.sex ed from books, we learn real fast in.dorms

I'm pretty sure a lot of "Hearie" kids learn about sex in basements while in jr. high or early high school. Also, since you're referring to the "dorms", I'm assuming you mean kids who live on campus...there are a lot of on-campus living schools for jr high and high school for students who are "Hearies" and I'm sure they learned about sex the same way...

Also, some "Hearie" public schools don't offer sex education, hence the reason why kids as young as jr. high end up pregnant

I'm pretty sure a lot of "Hearie" kids learn about sex in basements while in jr. high or early high school. Also, since you're referring to the "dorms", I'm assuming you mean kids who live on campus...there are a lot of on-campus living schools for jr high and high school for students who are "Hearies" and I'm sure they learned about sex the same way...

Also, some "Hearie" public schools don't offer sex education, hence the reason why kids as young as jr. high end up pregnant

I didnt know hearie kids can live in some schools..cool
yes i talk deafie school resedent dorms. Allot of sex...
Hearie friends jelous...us deafies...
Its good.be deaf we tell them.."-)..
Trueer signs havnt been.signed they sign....

I didnt know hearie kids can live in somw schools..cool
yes i talk deaie school resedent dorms. Allot of sex...
Hearie friends jelous...us deafies...
Its good.be deaf we tel them.."-)

But it sure doesn't seem to have helped you proofread what you have written before you post it!

But it sure doesn't seem to have helped you proofread what you have written before you post it!
That's cuz he spent too much time having sex instead of studying English. [emoji23] [emoji108] [emoji197]

That's cuz he spent too much time having sex instead of studying English. [emoji23] [emoji108] [emoji197]

True..and no one like english, many refuse and so just ASL..in english, we just put head down.or not look and sign with our deafie, ..hearie teacher would go.crazy..craaaazy.......try force like nazi....we sign away laugh...only thing school can do is send us to our rooms....
Lol
Yep
Work like charms. but my english is real good all signs considered...
I can english like hearie and english as deafie, float like butterfly sting like bee...
Mmm

True..and no one like english, many refuse and so just ASL..in english, we just put head down.or not look and sign with our deafie, ..hearie teacher would go.crazy..craaaazy.......try force like nazi....we sign away laugh...only thing school can do is send us to our rooms....
Lol
Yep
Work like charms. but my english is real good all signs considered...
I can english like hearie and english as deafie, float like butterfly sting like bee...
Mmm
Too bad you don't "English like a hearie" on this forum.

Too bad you don't "English like a hearie" on this forum.

english is good good. But all deaf, is deaf forum. Im like shakespear if he deafie, but not bald...so.....many. Many deafie say my english is great...and is good. No problem.
sign.for deafie anyway engLish babalebable...(lips flap) why?
This deafie forum...

english is good good. But all deaf, is deaf forum. Im like shakespear if he deafie, but not bald...so.....many. Many deafie say my english is great...and is good. No problem.
sign.for deafie anyway engLish babalebable...(lips flap) why?
This deafie forum...
I knew you would say that. This is a forum visited by many people who are culturally as well as pathologically hearing. When they see your poor written English in response to their questions, I'm sure they just assume you are poorly educated.
Accepted academic practice is to respond to the audience you are addressing in the type of language that is most appropriate for, and understandable to them.
You just portray a negative stereotype of the Deaf and of Deaf Education in general.

I knew you would say that. This is a forum visited by many people who are culturally as well as pathologically hearing. When they see your poor written English in response to their questions, I'm sure they just assume you are poorly educated.
Accepted academic practice is to respond to the audience you are addressing in the type of language that is most appropriate for, and understandable to them.
You just portray a negative stereotype of the Deaf and of Deaf Education in general.

Whats your plm man ?

I'm a hearie and I don't find hoichi's posts to portray a negative stereotype of the Deaf. His English is fine--it's his typing that gives me a headache. :lol:

Especially, I'm annoyed by the appearance of periods in the wrong places because they interrupt the flow of the content.

I would appreciate more proofreading before posting but it doesn't influence how I view Deaf people in general.

Whats your plm man ?
My problem is that whether you realize it or not you are perpetuating that stereotype and supporting Audist arguments by not using proper English grammer and syntax(when addressing previously stated audiences). The average deaf student graduates high school with a 4 th grade reading and writing level. . I was correcting your incorrect statement and assumptions about this forum. Especially when most of your comments in your "deafie" text are on threads started by culturally hearing people. There are still many hearing professionals that will tell hearing parents that oralism is better and that signing leads to poor written and reading language skills.
It is obvious you do not possess the knowledge to properly support the use on ASL versus oralism in the educational setting. I respect that you value our Deaf culture. But your poor representation of our culture to hearing community that comes here to the hearing aid and cochlear implant forum is beyond annoying.
Personally i do not believe you can present a well thought out argument that is relevant to the question asked in "hearie English," otherwise know as proper English to the rest of us.

Now if a parent comes here asking if they should get a CI or use ASL with their child I shall be happy to demonstrate a well organized and through argument on the topic. So the parent can make a truely informed consent decision. Which by the way, almost no CI centers actually do.

Last edited:
My problem is that whether you realize it or not you are perpetuating that stereotype and supporting Audist arguments by not using proper English grammer and syntax(when addressing previously stated audiences). The average deaf student graduates high school with a 4 th grade reading and writing level. . I was correcting your incorrect statement and assumptions about this forum. Especially when most of your comments in your "deafie" text are on threads started by culturally hearing people. There are still many hearing professionals that will tell hearing parents that oralism is better and that signing leads to poor written and reading language skills.
It is obvious you do not possess the knowledge to properly support the use on ASL versus oralism in the educational setting. I respect that you value our Deaf culture. But your poor representation of our culture to hearing community that comes here to the hearing aid and cochlear implant forum is beyond annoying.
Personally i do not believe you can present a well thought out argument that is relevant to the question asked in "hearie English," otherwise know as proper English to the rest of us.

Now if a parent comes here asking if they should get a CI or use ASL with their child I shall be happy to demonstrate a well organized and through argument on the topic. So the parent can make a truely informed consent decision. Which by the way, almost no CI centers actually do.

What is with you about hearie or culturally hearing people if you are referring to Culturally Deaf people? You don't know anything about audism coming from hearing people.

Beside, Hoichi is Deaf and his writing ability is different from the way he write like I do write. I sign ASL. I just keep reading a lot of books, even on computer over the years. I went through three colleges to try to work on my English. It is really rude for you to criticize Hoichi or any other d/Deaf people who could not help making the English right. No one is perfect.

I think the hearing parents or any other hearing members will learn why many Deaf people had or has difficult trying to make English correct. We can not hear or try to understand English well. It is hard to grasp. Please don't criticize their English as it is not their fault. I don't like having you make the comments to Hoichi or any other members here. Refrain from criticize on their errors.

As for CI, it would be up to the children or adults to decide if they want to have CI. As a matter of fact, I oppose to having CI as it is surgery. Putting the device(s) is not the best way to go as sometimes the device(s) can fail or not work at all. Just use your own opinion but not criticize the Deaf members. :(

Bebonang
My biggest problem with reading what hoichi writes is simple proofreading for the most part. Like Reba says it is more a matter of his typing than his English.

You are inclined to phrase things differently than I am used to but it is easy to read because you seem to proofread for typos from things like hitting the key next to the one you want. Also, you put a blank line between paragraphs. These things make it much easier to read.

Bebonang
My biggest problem with reading what hoichi writes is simple proofreading for the most part. Like Reba says it is more a matter of his typing than his English.

You are inclined to phrase things differently than I am used to but it is easy to read because you seem to proofread for typos from things like hitting the key next to the one you want. Also, you put a blank line between paragraphs. These things make it much easier to read.

Thank you.

Still don't criticize on how d/Deaf people type or write what he or she want to post on. :cool2:

Back