Random Vents.....

Wirelessly posted

My bro's wife loves to be childish and toss my cleaning goods in trash. She's very immature playing these pick a fight games. She literally is an adult bully , no joke at the age of forty something!

I'm getting so irritated with how bad CC is on my tv. It's almost impossible to watch the news, especially when they have a "live update". It's driving me crazy.

The TV is fairly new. On most shows there is a pretty long delay with the CC. Movies are OK. The show starts with one person talking and there is about a 10 second delay. A lot of times the CC is still trying to catch up with the first person when the second person has started talking. There is a lot of dialogue that never gets typed. Then like last night when the news cut in to talk about the earthquake, there was no CC at all.
Jiro yes, a lot of typos too. Is there anything available to make my CC work better?

Perhaps make a complaint to the TV station?.....(which I've done several times...to no avail).....As always, we deafies have to "assume" a lot as to what is being said.....That's the main reason I hardly ever watch the news on TV...I read it off my computer....(mistakes are made there too).....

Just got a new DVD entitled "Almost Famous"...Kate Hudson....and the CC's were partly missing...:roll:...gonna take it back for another one....Anyhow, it's a great movie!

The TV is fairly new. On most shows there is a pretty long delay with the CC. Movies are OK. The show starts with one person talking and there is about a 10 second delay. A lot of times the CC is still trying to catch up with the first person when the second person has started talking. There is a lot of dialogue that never gets typed. Then like last night when the news cut in to talk about the earthquake, there was no CC at all.
Jiro yes, a lot of typos too. Is there anything available to make my CC work better?

I understand that this happens from time to time. It's usually a station glitch. But all the time? That can't be. Everybody would be crying foul over the delays if this were all the time.

Live TV, however, is often behind and with errors. That's because there's a live captionist trying to keep up at the same time. But pre-recorded shows aren't this way, generally.

:dunno2:

watch the later news :lol:

i paying for satalite dish for what........i paying for that satalite dish for what,repeat repeat..all those channels and repeated repeated and repeated

I gave up watching TV a while back. We now have cable through XFinity and still the captioning on anything is terrible. Local news channels are the worst and could care less about the deaf community. Now, the local newspaper is cutting out some things from the paper and you must either pay extra for them or go online. Online, you have to wade through so much just to get to what you need so it's not really worth it.

I watch a lot more tv than I used to. I grew up with no captioning, and didn't usually understand most of it.

Today is actually paradise for deaf people and mass entertainment.

Wirelessly posted

caz12 said:
i paying for satalite dish for what........i paying for that satalite dish for what,repeat repeat..all those channels and repeated repeated and repeated

I hardly watch tv, my tv is collecting dust lol when I did watch tv, there is nothing good it seemed all repeat and lots of informationals.

I rock the shizz out of Netflix and Hulu. I find the captioning (when available, which is pretty good these days and improving for additional content) is waaaay better than those caption movie glasses Catastrophic mentioned. I used to see movies all the time when Local Megaplex had Open Caption; it may have been only 2 shows a day, but I could always make the shows I wanted. When they switched to the mediocre caption glasses for all shows/all day, I dropped down to maybe 2 movies/month because even when the power sources don't run out (they run out a lot), the glasses themselves aren't oddly defective (like caption in only one lens), there's still these gaps where characters are talking and...no captions!

I'd say about 85-90% of Gatsby was captioned, which given the length of the movie, was a considerable amount to leave out. With Netflix, I have the rare episode where the captioning is not in sync with the show (too fast/too slow). The end of the season 3 finale of Bones I remember specifically having this defect.

Perhaps make a complaint to the TV station?.....(which I've done several times...to no avail).....As always, we deafies have to "assume" a lot as to what is being said.....That's the main reason I hardly ever watch the news on TV...I read it off my computer....(mistakes are made there too).....

Just got a new DVD entitled "Almost Famous"...Kate Hudson....and the CC's were partly missing...:roll:...gonna take it back for another one....Anyhow, it's a great movie!

That is good movie. Hope you get a good copy to watch :D

Wirelessly posted

My bro's wife loves to be childish and toss my cleaning goods in trash. She's very immature playing these pick a fight games. She literally is an adult bully , no joke at the age of forty something!

Wow! I can't imagine that. Does she give you a reason for it?

Back