Random Vents.....

Just left a complaint regarding our letter carrier. This "B" of a person is throwing boxes and when confronted, yells that that's how she does her job. She is rude, inconsiderate and I just don't know how to be polite about anything else regarding her. She even drives her mail truck through people's yards.

Document, document, document. Since she has a route, it shouldn't be too hard for you and your neighbors to organize a recording cabal, even if it's just your cell phone cam recording through an open window for a half hour when she's expected. Though try to be inconspicuous and as anonymous as possible. By definition, she's rude, possibly crazy, and knows where you live.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Document, document, document. Since she has a route, it shouldn't be too hard for you and your neighbors to organize a recording cabal, even if it's just your cell phone cam recording through an open window for a half hour when she's expected. Though try to be inconspicuous and as anonymous as possible. By definition, she's rude, possibly crazy, and knows where you live.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Neighbors have been recording it for a week now. Mail is not delivered at any regular time. We get delivery some morning, some afternoons and some evenings as late at 9pm.

Neighbors have been recording it for a week now. Mail is not delivered at any regular time. We get delivery some morning, some afternoons and some evenings as late at 9pm.

9PM ??...Never heard of mail being delivered at 9PM...Seems this mail lady has been chased by too many dogs....:giggle:..or maybe she's just off her rocker.

Just checked the tracking on 2 packages I am waiting for, one from Amazon and the other from BarkBox. They both are in my area and both have left the facility at 10 this morning for delivery today. Letter carrier has been through the neighborhood 3 times already today. She is one of 3 people who delivers our mail. She's the only one throwing stuff.

If you get mail at nine pm, you won't have to bother with that carrier for long. Postal carriers have to clock in and out, and that late would mean she is collecting a huge amount of overtime, and she will be fired.

At 9 pm? Don't they have shifts to do the mail?

If you get mail at nine pm, you won't have to bother with that carrier for long. Postal carriers have to clock in and out, and that late would mean she is collecting a huge amount of overtime, and she will be fired.

At 9 pm? Don't they have shifts to do the mail?

Not sure at all, but we do get mail about once every 2-3 weeks around 9pm. I have reported them to our local Postmaster General, but they were no help, so this time, I went to the website.

She just came around again a delivered one of the two boxes I am waiting on.

Comparing your time with mine that makes it show up close to 7:30 your time!

How
did she deliver it this time?

It originally went to a neighbor, neighbor gave it back to her and pointed out my house. It was left on the back end of my car in the driveway.

Not sure at all, but we do get mail about once every 2-3 weeks around 9pm. I have reported them to our local Postmaster General, but they were no help, so this time, I went to the website.

I see that happen on my street once in a while too (not at 9 pm, but at like 5 pm, whereas we normally get our mail about 10 a.m. so even 5 pm is late). My guess is that your carrier is either 1) on vacation and a sub who is unfamiliar with the route takes longer or 2) your carrier is also subbing for someone else's route on top of her own.

I see that happen on my street once in a while too (not at 9 pm, but at like 5 pm, whereas we normally get our mail about 10 a.m. so even 5 pm is late). My guess is that your carrier is either 1) on vacation and a sub who is unfamiliar with the route takes longer or 2) your carrier is also subbing for someone else's route on top of her own.

We haven't had a regular person take over our route since the one guy who had it for 30 years retired. We've had a total of 6 people do this route and right now, for the 6 days of delivery, we have 3 different people. The man gets everything done in one run at we get our mail about 4pm each time he has it. The blond female does it in 1 or 2 runs and gets it all completed by around 5pm on her days. This brunette female is the one whole make 2-3 or possibly 4 trips to get it done, and mostly has it done by 6 or 7pm. All of our Saturday deliveries have always been no later than 3 or 4pm. Today was the surprise that it was 7:30pm for the 4th trip in the neighborhood. When I asked about us getting 1 specific carrier for our regular carrier, they said they didn't have anyone.

Sounds awfully like my mail carrier...wish I were a fly on the wall during their training. Just last week, we experienced a day with no mail, only to learn he put everyone's mail in the wrong slots. So much for reading....

Laura

It originally went to a neighbor, neighbor gave it back to her and pointed out my house. It was left on the back end of my car in the driveway.

They are lazy ... I've mailed some stuff to a friend in the same town as me and if it wont fit in the mailbox they leave it a different place each time outside to they wont have to climb the stairs to the front door at the house ... one time they even went as far as leaving a package INSIDE a car ... i went to the post office and complained about that the driver got into trouble and called me twice to apologise and follow up on it.

You would think messing around with the mail like that would result a prosecution of those people as it is a federal crime to tamper with mail.

I do remember at one time I lived in an apartment complex....the mailman was very late and I was expecting an important letter that day.....People were out there by the mail box slots waiting for their mail, and when the mail man finally arrived about 2 hours later...the first thing he said was..."Leave Me Alone!".....Seems he was a frazzled wreck....a different mailman that day....

And guessing too...with the bad economy and all the cut-backs, some mail persons are having to double-up their routes......Had a friend that was a mailman too...he told me he hated delivering mail to apartment complexes....due to the moving in and out and changes of addresses...he said also that the worst thing about delivering to houses were the Dogs!.....

I do remember at one time I lived in an apartment complex....the mailman was very late and I was expecting an important letter that day.....People were out there by the mail box slots waiting for their mail, and when the mail man finally arrived about 2 hours later...the first thing he said was..."Leave Me Alone!".....Seems he was a frazzled wreck....a different mailman that day....

And guessing too...with the bad economy and all the cut-backs, some mail persons are having to double-up their routes......Had a friend that was a mailman too...he told me he hated delivering mail to apartment complexes....due to the moving in and out and changes of addresses...he said also that the worst thing about delivering to houses were the Dogs!.....

And they don't have to deliver if there are dogs they are afraid of. They can just leave it at your post office and you need to pick it up.

Well - USPS did get back to me by email. I had a survey to complete. My local main office also called and we spoke (using my CaptionCall) and they now understand what's going on. They got a hold of the tracking info that I printed out and compared it to the notes from the carrier and noticed inconsistencies. They mentioned they will have someone else take over the route.

Back