Purple Netbook

Okay, here's an email I received from one of my friends today. I want you to tell me if, this is true or not. Is this happenin' to some of you with your P3 ? Let me show you a video here:

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UjGpUYaGbEI&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UjGpUYaGbEI&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Okay, here's an email I received from one of my friends today. I want you to tell me if, this is true or not. Is this happenin' to some of you with your P3 ? Let me show you a video here:

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UjGpUYaGbEI&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UjGpUYaGbEI&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]
According to this video, as I believe you own the same, did you have any similar problem?

According to this video, as I believe you own the same, did you have any similar problem?

No. I received my P3 Netbook about 2 weeks ago. Still new. It's why I asked to some of you who had their P3 Netbook for a long time -- to see, if there's any problem with their P3 Netbook. Just tell me if it is true or not.

No. I received my P3 Netbook about 2 weeks ago. Still new. It's why I asked to some of you who had their P3 Netbook for a long time -- to see, if there's any problem with their P3 Netbook. Just tell me if it is true or not.
Maybe it was affected to the first generation of P3 distrubitions? :dunno:

Maria, I know about problem with Dell netbook about BSOD. It causes the motherboard to “brick” up and the motherboard is rendered useless. There have been several incidents so far, and the Tech Department is working on this and the blue screen issue.

I understand what you say about WiFi hotspots. I always use tethering netbook from my iPhone. Work great with P3. but some customers can't afford to pay expensive wireless mobile network about $60/mo.

Maria, I know about problem with Dell netbook about BSOD. It causes the motherboard to “brick” up and the motherboard is rendered useless. There have been several incidents so far, and the Tech Department is working on this and the blue screen issue.

I understand what you say about WiFi hotspots. I always use tethering netbook from my iPhone. Work great with P3. but some customers can't afford to pay expensive wireless mobile network about $60/mo.

$60? ATT rip you off. I paid $30 a month for BB unlimited data plan AND tethering data 5GB per month under Sprint.

Most of the time BSOD is caused by bad software memory leak.

I have been using NetBook with no problem and maybe this person have a software installed (not P3) but a different software that is causing memory leak and crashing when P3 is running.

So I would remove all other applications that was recently installed and only have P3 running to confirm it not the other software.

When one software is running then it step on another software like P3 footprint in the memory stick then it will crash and BSOD or if it leaking memory not returning unused memory so other applications software can use it then it will also crash.

About the WIFI hotspot ....

In my business I am require to travel every week so I know all the good spot to find the WIFI

First she said McDonald you had to pay .... You still can get free WIFI at McDonald if you buy food and ask for a WIFI card then it will give you free code number to enter to get FREE WIFI for a couple of hours.

My best WIFI spot I need when I travel are motels .. They are opened and free WIFI so I always pull into motel parking lots and use the internet to make calls or check websites then get back on the highway.

Few motels require a code from Front Desk so I walk in and explain I am Deaf and need internet to make relay call then front desk clerk nice to give me code to use internet in their lobby.

Some fancy Hotels like rich people Hotel which room are costly a night it will ask for credit card for WIFI so avoid fancy hotel .. go to regular franchic motels like Super8 or Day Inn etc .. all open free WIFI and can be pick up in parking lots.

Library is another good spot too she mentioned but limited in town or hard to locate quickly unless you have a GPS with you.

Some Taco Bell are offering WIFI as well too ...

Almost all private own coffee shop (not franchics ones like Starbuck) offer free open WIFI and one she tried to remember is called Panera Bread and is free but mostly found in major cities only.

There are thousands of free WIFI spot but motels are the best and easiest to find quickly in each town when traveling even in small town

But small town motels uses like Hughes Satellite DirectWay Internet which doesn't work too good with P3 or Video Phone.

Most of the time BSOD is caused by bad software memory leak.

I have been using NetBook with no problem and maybe this person have a software installed (not P3) but a different software that is causing memory leak and crashing when P3 is running.

So I would remove all other applications that was recently installed and only have P3 running to confirm it not the other software.

When one software is running then it step on another software like P3 footprint in the memory stick then it will crash and BSOD or if it leaking memory not returning unused memory so other applications software can use it then it will also crash.

About the WIFI hotspot ....

In my business I am require to travel every week so I know all the good spot to find the WIFI

First she said McDonald you had to pay .... You still can get free WIFI at McDonald if you buy food and ask for a WIFI card then it will give you free code number to enter to get FREE WIFI for a couple of hours.

My best WIFI spot I need when I travel are motels .. They are opened and free WIFI so I always pull into motel parking lots and use the internet to make calls or check websites then get back on the highway.

Few motels require a code from Front Desk so I walk in and explain I am Deaf and need internet to make relay call then front desk clerk nice to give me code to use internet in their lobby.

Some fancy Hotels like rich people Hotel which room are costly a night it will ask for credit card for WIFI so avoid fancy hotel .. go to regular franchic motels like Super8 or Day Inn etc .. all open free WIFI and can be pick up in parking lots.

Library is another good spot too she mentioned but limited in town or hard to locate quickly unless you have a GPS with you.

Some Taco Bell are offering WIFI as well too ...

Almost all private own coffee shop (not franchics ones like Starbuck) offer free open WIFI and one she tried to remember is called Panera Bread and is free but mostly found in major cities only.

There are thousands of free WIFI spot but motels are the best and easiest to find quickly in each town when traveling even in small town

But small town motels uses like Hughes Satellite DirectWay Internet which doesn't work too good with P3 or Video Phone.

Ahh, thanks TechBill! I will check with all of your information around here. I will take your advice about motels ( not fancy ones ) I can use. There's one Starbuck in Ft Myers... they charge about $ 20 buck a month. Forget it. LOL

I will follow what you suggest/advice above. Let's hope it helps. Once again, thanks! :)

Ahh, thanks TechBill! I will check with all of your information around here. I will take your advice about motels ( not fancy ones ) I can use. There's one Starbuck in Ft Myers... they charge about $ 20 buck a month. Forget it. LOL

I will follow what you suggest/advice above. Let's hope it helps. Once again, thanks! :)

That why you want to locate a private owned coffee shops for free WIFI or Panera Bread.

Private owned coffee shop owners cannot afford or have the funds and time to set up a hotspot that can be controlled by user end and credit card inputs so they just offer them for free to lure people to their coffee shop from Starbuck etc.

Over 2,000 Starbuck store are closed for good all over USA for the past few months, maybe they should had been offering free WIFI to keep their customers :D

What about Alaska? alot better?

What??? I KNEW IT!! I was recently called my Dell Tech Support last a few week ago, It's same happen to meh too. My desktop computer was loading after transferred to Blue system with too mush codes quickly. I didn't download somethings or nothings but all is my wife playin the Sally's salon and i jux do my homework for my college. My Dell Tech Support told meh that it's something wrong with software... i was trying to take reboot and restore my system... all of my information back and remove P3 on this system... it's seem working fine... Right now, i found out but i forget to call Customer Care since a few weeks. I will call them until 7am.

Thanks very mush for show us for your video, Maria :-P

Last edited:
This problem seems limited to the newer mini 10 netbook. I have not had any Blue screens or freezing problems on my mini 9 version. It is possible it is some other program, as mentioned by other poster, or it could be Dell hardware.

Do you have 3G or EVDO rev. A or EVDO rev. 0?

Sprint's network is 4G already and EVDO rev. A

My BB 8330 is almost 2 years old and it's EVDO rev. 0 BUT I plan to upgrade to new BB with REV A for same data plan price.

Sprint Relay Store

EVDO is more coverage than AT&T.
VZW_EVDOvsATT_3G_200810.jpg

My BB can use VZ's network as roam but no fee.

Like I said AT&T is rip off.

Sprint's network is 4G already and EVDO rev. A

My BB 8330 is almost 2 years old and it's EVDO rev. 0 BUT I plan to upgrade to new BB with REV A for same data plan price.

Sprint Relay Store

EVDO is more coverage than AT&T.

My BB can use VZ's network as roam but no fee.

Like I said AT&T is rip off.

Map is pretty old.

ATT have more 3G coverage now not shown in the map.

Highlander, You will plan to buy new BB Tour which is 3G network?

Back