Purple Netbook

Suggest to look Gateway's netbook LT3103u at BEST BUY.
Gateway has little bit over 11" screen. Higher graphic resolution better than common netbook like Dell, ASUS, IBM, etc.
Gateway use AMD Athlon 64 Processor better than Intel Atom N270.

One thing...... We are happy to buy Purple P3 Netbook for $149 better than Gateway's Netbook $379 or other brand new netbook for $299 or higher.

Few weeks ago, I saw story.... 4 years old Apple ibook's CPU is better than Netbook's Intel Atom. Sorry, I can't find website. No time for me to keep search online.

Last week, I bought HP laptop "G60-235DX" for under $300 include sales tax at Best Buy. They have Intel Duo Core T4200 with 320HDD and 16" screen.
One things - little over 6lbs (2 1/2 netbook's weight equal to my HP Laptop).
Darkage, I am honestly with you, I already had one (LT3103u), its really better than general 10inch netbook with 800x600/ 1024x600.. LT3103 can upgrade from 2GB to 4GB RAM for multi-task, (did you know that?).. Mm, Yes Purple offered netbook for 149-bragin bucks! but screen resolution is issues and limits. it can't multi-tasks .. thats SUCKS..

what about video steams on 11.6 with amd cpu? it looks much better and running smooth than atom netbook. this is good example comparison. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz-pdiTfj9M"]amd vs atom[/ame]

1) 11 inch screen and a AMD processor sound more like a Laptop not a Netbook to me.

2) Reason it better to have smaller screen size and smaller processor power is longer battery life.

Even a SSD drive use less battery than a harddrive so who got Netbook with SSD and 9 inch screen get about 8 to 9 hour of battery life.

Newer P3 is 10 inch screen and a HHD Harddrive with a bigger 6 cell battery should get about 6 hour battey life.

That why there is no cd/dvd drive on Netbook and a switch off/on button for wifi on Netbook because turning off wifi will give more battery life.

1) Yes it called CULV laptop.

2) Yes thats true. but I dislike how 10inch netbook's screen resolution size (1024x600) and limit for program you install.. for instance you can't install adobe "high-end" Photoshop on the 10inch netbook.

thats what i had experienced with own between two 10 netbook and 11.6 culv. 11.6 inch culv netbook is better than 10inch, IMHO..

I live away 8 miles from ROCKLIN.

1) Yes it called CULV laptop.

2) Yes thats true. but I dislike how 10inch netbook's screen resolution size (1024x600) and limit for program you install.. for instance you can't install adobe "high-end" Photoshop on the 10inch netbook.

thats what i had experienced with own between two 10 netbook and 11.6 culv. 11.6 inch culv netbook is better than 10inch, IMHO..

I live away 8 miles from ROCKLIN.

Purple Netbook can be changed to 1024 by 768 it have more viewable area.

You don't get what I am say

Mine Purple P3 Netbook - Dark Webcam --- Must have bright light shine in my face Remember Sorenson VP100 must depend on bright light shine to person

Dad Purple P3 Netbook - Good clear Webcam --- Room Light enough

I finish check my webcam setting compare to my Dad

Still mine still dark view no matter how I adjust setting still crap dark webcam then I have to force use my bright light shine my face like old fashion VP100 in before.

Seem my P3 Purple Netbook got defective webcam or cheapo webcam maybe Dell accidently put in .01 webcam in mine Netbook?

Right, Almost netbooks' webcam are all CMOS sensors. CMOS sensor s battery life is longer than CCD sensor. I tried to use my Logitech notebook webcam onto my netbook. It's video was very clear and brighter. TechBill, do you know to mean what s difference between CMOS sensor and CCD sensor?

2) Yes you can. Just hook it up to an external monitor. Then you can install whatever you want. However, netbooks are not designed for graphics intense applicati0ons. Even the 11.6 netbook will struggle with that.

Right, Almost netbooks' webcam are all CMOS sensors. CMOS sensor s battery life is longer than CCD sensor. I tried to use my Logitech notebook webcam onto my netbook. It's video was very clear and brighter. TechBill, do you know to mean what s difference between CMOS sensor and CCD sensor?

Yes I know the difference,

But you still not get my point.

Strange about P3

I got my P3 like 3 week ago but my dad got his P3 today.

I compare and look both P3

I can see my P3 webcam so dark and need bright light shine to my face.

My dad P3 webcam look good and can use regular room light, don't need bright light shine to my face.

Strange.

Did you both get the same netbook? There are 2 different ones now. Just curious.

Did you both get the same netbook? There are 2 different ones now. Just curious.

Yeah both are the same Mini10 Netbook with 160G HHD

It not the older mini10v with 16G SSD

I took photo sample use webcam central screenshot both sit on my desk and same room light and I hold bag cough drop then hit screenshot. You can see mine very dark than my dad.

My Purple Netbook

mine.jpg

My Dad Purple Netbook

dad.jpg

I check webcam driver and both same driver version too.

Also remember I hold cough drop bag near webcam camera.

If my face and hands sit correct distance it will my face and hands in dark but my Dad purple Netbook you can see my face and hands very clearly.

TechBill, adjust up to blacklight comp. of camera settings.

TechBill, adjust up to blacklight comp. of camera settings.

Adjust Backlight nothing improve same dark but nothing change

I check my Dad Purple it show bright and dark adjust

It seem my Netbook is broken or a problem with backlight.

Adjust Backlight nothing improve same dark but nothing change

I check my Dad Purple it show bright and dark adjust

It seem my Netbook is broken or a problem with backlight.

You may contact Purple support about it.

Darkage, I am honestly with you, I already had one (LT3103u), its really better than general 10inch netbook with 800x600/ 1024x600.. LT3103 can upgrade from 2GB to 4GB RAM for multi-task, (did you know that?).. Mm, Yes Purple offered netbook for 149-bragin bucks! but screen resolution is issues and limits. it can't multi-tasks .. thats SUCKS..

what about video steams on 11.6 with amd cpu? it looks much better and running smooth than atom netbook. this is good example comparison. amd vs atom

Thank you for good example comparison.
I do not surprised to see AMD's L110 faster than Atom. Yes, I know Gateway LT3103 can go up to 4gb memory

Few weeks ago, I bought HP with Intel T4200 with 320HDD for under $300. I rather to have fast CPU, great than 250 gb HDD and lower price better than Gateway's Netbook $379. Of course, I love to have ultra-lightweight but important for me to be happy with fast CPU, useful with softwares and lowest price.

If, they sell Gateway LT3103 for $175 or Purple P3 Netbook for $149. That's harder for me to pick one of few different models but probably, I will go with Gateway LT3103 and still use my 4 or 5 years old Toshiba laptop with Duo2Core. So, I can install Win 7 on Gateway LT3103 better than Netbook with 16gb SSD.

This Sept 28th, I will get Win 7 from Microsoft's Event. Not have to wait until Windows 7 launch on Oct 22th.

My friend and I called testing my P3 (laptop) and her P3 netbook (mini 9) last night and discovered that hers feed is slow that caused garble and freezing.

Her ISP is RR high speed broadcast while she uses wifi on the same router (good one but forgot which brand) so it should be ok yet we were perplexed. Then I suggested her to test her other P3 on her pc and her own webcam, and it ran much better.

Anybody using mini 9 - P3 netbook... does your video run good, not garble or freeze at all so far?

My other friend who lives in deep country has a P3 software on his pc but not as fast as ours yet his P3 and my P3 run real good so that is why it perlexes me about hers (mini 9 P3 netbook) running awful slow.

What solution do you think that she needs to fix?

I finally got my Purple Netbook today! And, now I am waitin' for someone to install it for me --- the one who worked for Purple. :P

Can't wait to chat with someone through my Netbook!! Heh heh

My friend and I called testing my P3 (laptop) and her P3 netbook (mini 9) last night and discovered that hers feed is slow that caused garble and freezing.

Her ISP is RR high speed broadcast while she uses wifi on the same router (good one but forgot which brand) so it should be ok yet we were perplexed. Then I suggested her to test her other P3 on her pc and her own webcam, and it ran much better.

Anybody using mini 9 - P3 netbook... does your video run good, not garble or freeze at all so far?

My other friend who lives in deep country has a P3 software on his pc but not as fast as ours yet his P3 and my P3 run real good so that is why it perlexes me about hers (mini 9 P3 netbook) running awful slow.

What solution do you think that she needs to fix?

If you both were using the same wireless network at the same time, it is possible cause of that. I noticed that on my mini 9. I also noticed that when the lighting is bad that the video gets garbled. Those are two things that I noticed. Most of the time I have no problems.

If you both were using the same wireless network at the same time, it is possible cause of that. I noticed that on my mini 9. I also noticed that when the lighting is bad that the video gets garbled. Those are two things that I noticed. Most of the time I have no problems.

No, we aren't sharing the same wireless network here (p2p from state to other state). We knew about the lighting so it wasn't her issue here... she had good light front of her.

Most of times on your part it works good, hmm thanks.

I suspect it might be due to her wifi router itself, maybe. She tested it real close to her wifi router, by the way.

Yeah, are you talking about dslr camera?

2) Yes you can. Just hook it up to an external monitor. Then you can install whatever you want. However, netbooks are not designed for graphics intense applicati0ons. Even the 11.6 netbook will struggle with that.
dkf747, Yeah thats is correct. I am blackberry deveop for theme. but i wanted to be experiment it on netbook. but limit for programs what you install, because lack of flash or something, as you know.. I didnt try other programs on 11.6 minilaptop, Cuz I gave away to my lovely woman. I purchased full 15.6 notebook package for 500 bingo bucks.

Thank you for good example comparison.
I do not surprised to see AMD's L110 faster than Atom. Yes, I know Gateway LT3103 can go up to 4gb memory

Few weeks ago, I bought HP with Intel T4200 with 320HDD for under $300. I rather to have fast CPU, great than 250 gb HDD and lower price better than Gateway's Netbook $379. Of course, I love to have ultra-lightweight but important for me to be happy with fast CPU, useful with softwares and lowest price.

If, they sell Gateway LT3103 for $175 or Purple P3 Netbook for $149. That's harder for me to pick one of few different models but probably, I will go with Gateway LT3103 and still use my 4 or 5 years old Toshiba laptop with Duo2Core. So, I can install Win 7 on Gateway LT3103 better than Netbook with 16gb SSD.

This Sept 28th, I will get Win 7 from Microsoft's Event. Not have to wait until Windows 7 launch on Oct 22th.
Darkage, yes you arent alone.. this month, i recently purchased new full notebook packages with amd dual core, 4GB RAM and 64bit OS for 499 somethings, I am happy camper.. because I wanted to come back full laptop such as 15.6 or somethings..

My Netbook is set and ready to use after installation. Yay!! The video pic looks good. Now, I am lookin' for a small size suitcase for my Netbook to carry. LOL

I am glad that I ordered it! :thumb:

Back