Purple Netbook

Thanks, Chevy57!

Couldn't find download/upload speeds yet but there are two plans, 250MB or 5GB monthly plans that I gathered last time...

MiFi 2200 - Verizon...

Verizon Wireless - Mobile Broadband - Products

View E-Learning Tutorial - Flash... (has subtitle so make sure to click it on)

Verizon Wireless MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot tutorial

Verizon Wireless - Mobile Broadband - Plans
5 GB plan is better. 250mb plan is not enough which is 6-8 hours per month.

Should be EVDO Rev. A to deliver even faster data speeds and greater efficiencies for Web browsing and accessing your corporate intranet and email. Download speeds are 600 to 1.4Mbps and upload speeds are 500 to 800 Kbps. can work to use video chatting.

EVDO Rev. 0 are not good speeds. Download speeds are 400 to 700 Kbps and upload speeds 60 to 80 Kbps. Not enough speed for using video chatting.

Are you living at major metropolitan area? Ask Verizon agent about EVDO Rev. A or Rev. 0 network in your area.

Should be EVDO Rev. A to deliver even faster data speeds and greater efficiencies for Web browsing and accessing your corporate intranet and email. Download speeds are 600 to 1.4Mbps and upload speeds are 500 to 800 Kbps. can work to use video chatting.

EVDO Rev. 0 are not good speeds. Download speeds are 400 to 700 Kbps and upload speeds 60 to 80 Kbps. Not enough speed for using video chatting.

Are you living at major metropolitan area? Ask Verizon agent about EVDO Rev. A or Rev. 0 network in your area.

5GB plan is obviously a better deal if anyone (deaf) choose to buy a MiFi 2200 due to the video loading demand (mobile videophones).

From what I gathered from others online and most of them recommend MiFi 2200 over PHS300 though there are not enough information (versus) yet.

I personally would recommend for anyone to wait a year or so for those types to improve. Those ones are not that impressive and not worth your bucks... not only that but there are many hot spots and even expanding that offer WiFi service therefore why bother to buy those ones. (my opinion)

5GB plan is obviously a better deal if anyone (deaf) choose to buy a MiFi 2200 due to the video loading demand (mobile videophones).

From what I gathered from others online and most of them recommend MiFi 2200 over PHS300 though there are not enough information (versus) yet.

I personally would recommend for anyone to wait a year or so for those types to improve. Those ones are not that impressive and not worth your bucks... not only that but there are many hot spots and even expanding that offer WiFi service therefore why bother to buy those ones. (my opinion)

You save money as $60/mo to use any hotspots areas. You can wait to hear about Verizon LTE network some cities next year or so.

You are unaware about latency (ping) so low latency is very important for video chat.

In some network, you wouldn't get exact speed as advertised, it's depends on network traffic.

Remember, I'm Verizon customer so I do know about Verizon, also I know about PowerON did video chat via EVDO Rev. 0 on Sprint and it works so fine, I'm not sure because it was like last year.

You are unaware about latency (ping) so low latency is very important for video chat.

In some network, you wouldn't get exact speed as advertised, it's depends on network traffic.

Remember, I'm Verizon customer so I do know about Verizon, also I know about PowerON did video chat via EVDO Rev. 0 on Sprint and it works so fine, I'm not sure because it was like last year.

But EDVO Rev. 0 is slow . can't work to use video chat.

EVDO Revision 0
400-700 Kbps DN
20-50 Kbps UP

EVDO Revision A
600-1400 Kbps DN
500-800 Kbps UP

EV-DO - 5 Things To Know

But he ordered many NBs from Purple using the special price code $199 and received all of them at his home- how was he able to get different codes when it is a one code per person limit?

I suspect him from having too many codes from his friends, associates and others. Its all part of the networking and connections. However, as from yesterday, Purple is now starting investigating him and I expect to hear from them by the end of next week. Hopefully his ass will whipped painfully by Purple.

But EDVO Rev. 0 is slow . can't work to use video chat.

EVDO Revision 0
400-700 Kbps DN
20-50 Kbps UP

EVDO Revision A
600-1400 Kbps DN
500-800 Kbps UP

EV-DO - 5 Things To Know

*facepalm*

You aren't correct so I'm not going waste of my time to explain, ask PowerON about video chat.

EVDO Rev. 0 is far faster than EDGE and it DOES work on video chat but depends on latency, you need ask CDMA users to answer before you start assumption.

*facepalm*

You aren't correct so I'm not going waste of my time to explain, ask PowerON about video chat.

EVDO Rev. 0 is far faster than EDGE and it DOES work on video chat but depends on latency, you need ask CDMA users to answer before you start assumption.

Don't worry about it. Thank you, Foxrac.

which P3 Netbook is 10 or 10v?
which is 1024x600 or 1280x720 resolution, ?
Indcule GPS?
which P3 is SSD or HHD?

Suggest to look Gateway's netbook LT3103u at BEST BUY.
Gateway has little bit over 11" screen. Higher graphic resolution better than common netbook like Dell, ASUS, IBM, etc.
Gateway use AMD Athlon 64 Processor better than Intel Atom N270.

One thing...... We are happy to buy Purple P3 Netbook for $149 better than Gateway's Netbook $379 or other brand new netbook for $299 or higher.

Few weeks ago, I saw story.... 4 years old Apple ibook's CPU is better than Netbook's Intel Atom. Sorry, I can't find website. No time for me to keep search online.

Last week, I bought HP laptop "G60-235DX" for under $300 include sales tax at Best Buy. They have Intel Duo Core T4200 with 320HDD and 16" screen.
One things - little over 6lbs (2 1/2 netbook's weight equal to my HP Laptop).

Does the MiFi 2200 wireless card work with P3 Netbook?

My friend plans to buy it but told her to hold and make sure it does. I think it does so?

Did anybody use it for P3 yet?

ps. techbill, thanks for the car plug tip... cool.

Yes, it works with P3. I have both MIFI card and P3 netbook.

Suggest to look Gateway's netbook LT3103u at BEST BUY.
Gateway has little bit over 11" screen. Higher graphic resolution better than common netbook like Dell, ASUS, IBM, etc.
Gateway use AMD Athlon 64 Processor better than Intel Atom N270.

One thing...... We are happy to buy Purple P3 Netbook for $149 better than Gateway's Netbook $379 or other brand new netbook for $299 or higher.

Few weeks ago, I saw story.... 4 years old Apple ibook's CPU is better than Netbook's Intel Atom. Sorry, I can't find website. No time for me to keep search online.

Last week, I bought HP laptop "G60-235DX" for under $300 include sales tax at Best Buy. They have Intel Duo Core T4200 with 320HDD and 16" screen.
One things - little over 6lbs (2 1/2 netbook's weight equal to my HP Laptop).

11 inch screen and a AMD processor sound more like a Laptop not a Netbook to me.

Reason it better to have smaller screen size and smaller processor power is longer battery life.

Even a SSD drive use less battery than a harddrive so who got Netbook with SSD and 9 inch screen get about 8 to 9 hour of battery life.

Newer P3 is 10 inch screen and a HHD Harddrive with a bigger 6 cell battery should get about 6 hour battey life.

That why there is no cd/dvd drive on Netbook and a switch off/on button for wifi on Netbook because turning off wifi will give more battery life.

After you order a P3 Netbook @ $ 149.00, how long will it take to arrive at your place ? Anyone know ? Because I ordered one on the 4th of September and they recieved it on the 8th of September. I ordered one from Rocklin, CA. Hmmm.....

Thanks for your help in advance.

After you order a P3 Netbook @ $ 149.00, how long will it take to arrive at your place ? Anyone know ? Because I ordered one on the 4th of September and they recieved it on the 8th of September. I ordered one from Rocklin, CA. Hmmm.....

Thanks for your help in advance.

I had gotten info from them, it may take up to 3 weeks for the netbooks to arrive. Please take patience. :)

we got netbook 2 days after the email with ups tracking # after ordering a week before they do ship it 2nd days air no charge

we got netbook 2 days after the email with ups tracking # after ordering a week before they do ship it 2nd days air no charge

Yes, you had gotten it earlier. Now my Purple company have gotten lots of orders from clients and they have delay time to be shipping packages to them.

Have you see real one. Go to Best Buy. Look at Gateway's new Netbook with AMD Athlon 64 Processor L110. They do not have any CD/DVD driver.

Gateway - Netbook with AMD Athlon™ Processor - NightSky Black - LT3103u

Also, IBM will have new netbook "S12". This S12 has 12.1" screen and Intel Atom N280.

It is still call as subnotebook or netbook.

Yes, I saw it at Best Buy and it is high-definition display
But webcam is 0.3 MP. it s not good. should be 1.3 or more MP

I had gotten info from them, it may take up to 3 weeks for the netbooks to arrive. Please take patience. :)

One thing bothers me a lot. I ordered online and next day the Purple office placed the charge against my Visa account even tho they did not have any in stock. It is very common that any catalog company place a charge against one's credit card account when an item is shipped. I suspect the Purple office wait to get money from one's CC account and then order. You said "Please take patience". I think not since the Purple should take a patience in taking our money when an item is shipped. Afraid I may be a victim like Viable who took the customers' money and then busted by FBI.

Back