Poll= What temperature setting you have you air cond on?

Your temperature setting is?

• Above 80

Votes: 8 15.7%

Votes: 2 3.9%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 8 15.7%

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Below 77

Votes: 28 54.9%

• Total voters
B

Buckdodgers

What is your temperature setting you have your air conditioner on?

Buckdodgers said:
What is your temperature setting you have your air conditioner on?
IT SET AT 72 AND MY DOG IS LYING DOWN ON THE FLOOR WITH FEET UP IN THE AIR ENJOYING IT. :whistle:

Below 77, which I got it set on 72 degree which is perfect, BUT if it's like 100 degree outside I would set it at least 60 at the most, It depends...

In the winter we set it on 80, and its perfect and warm in the winter..... :)

I usually keep my central AC at 80 but sometimes will turn it up to 81 or 82. If I get too hot I have the ceiling fan going too as well. It really works.

I confess—I keep it at 72° F. :Oops: I know the power companies say that you need to keep it no lower than 78° during a summer heat crisis, but we shelled out big bucks for extra insulation and dual-pane windows a few years ago, so I feel that we deserve to set it a notch or two lower than the ‘responsible’ setting.

I have no A/C. :(

Right now, it's 85 degrees in here. Whew!

Our central AC is set at 76-77 degrees. If we feel too warm, we turn on the ceiling fans.

I'm surprised how low some people set their AC. Some of those temperatures are lower than my winter heat setting! Brrrrr!

Houses in my town don't typically have AC; it's pretty much unheard of in these parts of Wyoming.

I voted below 77 cuz I dont have central AC, just AC on the window and I set high tempature cuz I always hot!

NO AIR CONDITIONER HERE.

So I cannot vote~ ideal if I have an AC, I will set it to be 82degrees for 100 degree outside...
I always try to stay within 20degree difference between outside and inside.

76 degrees during the day and 80 at night. We have a programmable thermostat and ceiling fans. Saves energy all around. If a decent weather passes through say 85 or less and low humidity, then the AC is turned off. Unfortunately in NC, that doesn't happen too often during summer!

We have air conditioner here in the office but it doesn't help much. *check temperature* - 84 degree.... 103 degree at outside.

I prefer roll shutter to air conditioner. We do not need air conditioner since we own roll shutters. It helps every room to keep every rooms inside cool during summer and block cold air in the winter.

See what we have.

Wood shutters and roll shutters
If you’re looking for timeless window fashions, indoor shutters may be your answer. The most durable window accessory, indoor shutters make a major design impact and will last for years. The only maintenance is simple dusting. Shutters also offer plenty of light control and privacy in a room. Roll shutters outside your windows offer an instant safety shield to exterior windows and can be easily rolled up and out of sight with the push of a button. Roll shutters can help protect your home against burglary, vandalism and storms, and provide a two-way thermal barrier, reducing heat gain in the summer and blocking cold air in the winter. Roll shutters also can help protect carpeting, furniture and artwork from sun damage. And the foam-filled aluminum shutters both reflect and absorb sound waves, giving you a quieter home.
http://www.azcentral.com/advert/howtoguide06/windowcoverings.html

Never open the window during hot summer...

I open the window during morning to fresh air and cool sunshine and then shut the window and use roller-shutters before the heat sun comes.

We stay inside or go to pool at our garden to cool ourselves.

Y said:
I like 75 degrees (not too cold, not too hot)

These roll shutters seem to be very interesting
but I haven't seen anyone else with roll shutters.
Another one here:
http://www.rollshuttersystemsusa.com/

Yes, around 90% to 95% Germans own roll shutters. Roll shutters are not cheap but it's worth - forever than keep to pay high electricity bill for use air conditioner during summer time for rest of life...

when i am home, the temp goes 74F. i have the 7 day programmable thermostat that really works very well like for instance, it turns temp to 78F when i walk away and it turns temp down to 74F just before i walk in... i do have several fans under roof. ;)

Back