Online Relationship?

x10oT

Reaction score
Do u think its good idea to date w someone through online? :ugh:

I don't think it's a good idea. When I see it happen, it doesn't always work out well. I know a few people who are now dating people that they first met online and I don't see a good future for them. :roll:

It not such a bad idea of dating someone on line, some are not worth it and some are worth it, just have to keep talking to this person you happen to be interesting in, get the know this person very well enough to be able to feel more comforable meeting them in real life, it took me 8 months to meet Roadrunner from deafchat, we chat every day, we webcam, exchange phone numbers, address, email etc....Then when we knew the moment was right to meet, and when we did, it worked out for the best, now hes living with me and I finally settle down with the one I was looking for which was the one I've been waiting for all my life ;)

Never know , you may find the right person on line, just have to try hard by choosing someone you believe in your heart this person is worth to meet....always follow your heart ;)

I have to agree with Vampy on this one. I'm very ambivalent when it comes to on-line relationships. I just don't think they last. Couples appear happy on the surface, but get past that, and there's usually trouble brewing underneath, so I :dunno: .

I'm very leery of online relationships.

^Angel^ said:
It not such a bad idea of dating someone on line, some are not worth it and some are worth it, just have to keep talking to this person you happen to be interesting in, get the know this person very well enough to be able to feel more comforable meeting them in real life, it took me 8 months to meet Roadrunner from deafchat, we chat every day, we webcam, exchange phone numbers, address, email etc....Then when we knew the moment was right to meet, and when we did, it worked out for the best, now hes living with me and I finally settle down with the one I was looking for which was the one I've been waiting for all my life ;)

Never know , you may find the right person on line, just have to try hard by choosing someone you believe in your heart this person is worth to meet....always follow your heart ;)
Angel said everything I want to say.

Honestly, online and IRL are no different... Many women were raped by men that they met in IRL (clubs, parties, parents' house, etc) even before online opened to the public. So how can online issue any different?

The way I see, there isn't any different.

x10oT, yes it is good idea to date anyone thru internet. Just use your common sense, judgment and instinct.

Oceanbreeze said:
I have to agree with Vampy on this one. I'm very ambivalent when it comes to on-line relationships. I just don't think they last. Couples appear happy on the surface, but get past that, and there's usually trouble brewing underneath, so I :dunno: .

I'm very leery of online relationships.

I am curious, are you applying this to ALL the couples who met on line or a few of them?..

Magatsu said:
Honestly, online and IRL are no different... Many women were raped by men that they met in IRL (clubs, parties, parents' house, etc) even before online opened to the public. So how can online issue any different?

Exactly!! well said there Magatsu! ;)

I have chatted with alot of guys on interent and meet them in real life, some of them are alright, but nothing seem to click, but two other guys I have met we were in a relationship. One of them I found out was already married. :eek:

Honestly, It depends who is out there, some can blooms your heart some won't. It is the same way when you going out on a date in real life, your friends set you up with, blind dates, or someone that put an ad in news paper seeking to date.

If I met a guy from the interent, or in real life, or from blind dates, or my friends set me up with, someone is out there is for me and I just have to search for that someone special or that someone special will come my way. ;)

i am honest with u.. i dont think it will be good idea cuz of it happened to me.. i dont wanna thru again period!!

Not necessarily is every online meeting/relationship will turn out great...but as for ^Angel^ and myself, after chatting online constantly almost everyday (yeah, can you even imagine the 'rushing' to the computer and seeing if she was on? LOL)...for about 8 months straight before our actual physical contact ( :whistle: )...the way I've experienced this does help a lot--why? Well, being able to share our own deep thoughts (eventually being able to do once trust was established) and feelings over a wide variety of personal everyday life situations and issues...which allowed us to express and show our heartfelt actions/ways even more so once we did meet for real....

Of course, we hear quite a bit of stories about an online relationship ending brutally or shattering someone's life after the courtship of being online and then having the actual meeting...but there are also plenty of GOOD stories as well about online relationships that have truly been a blessing for many and many of these relationships being touched by marriage, long-term happiness, prosperity, etc.,...I've witnessed several couples who have met one another online that ended up getting married and to this date, still being blessed and being very happy!

Bottom line: It doesn't work for everyone...yet, publicly, there is a majority of people, in their eyes tend to shun online relationship as it isn't widely accepted or approved...but I feel that's about to change...when? Who knows...But for the time being, utilizing caution, safe-guarding what's precious and dear until trust can be truly established, proceeding carefully and being surrounded by trustworthy friends nearby...and of course, many other useful and helpful ways that surely can make an online relationship beautiful and wonderful! I know...*looking over at ^Angel^*...I've met my sweetheart...cherishing, relishing and being thankful for the technology of computers that enabled me to meet her!!

*slaps myself on the forehead*...forgot to add that she is the 'one' whom I cherish and willingly to share my life with...ohhh...the 'date'? Ummm...once again as I've indicated elsewhere in here...stay tuned! Heh heh

Last edited:
online relationship is alright. it varies on people's opinions since some of them had gotten to know each other, enjoy picking on each other, having good conversations before they decide to meet or not...

I've only met a couple but two of them I did ended up dating but it turns out not to work out for some reasons. Like I say it varies on people's opinions.

Some of them click good -- some of them don't click good. :dunno: At this point, it makes me realize I'm not gonna do this anymore.

Online dating can work but both must have realistic expectations. I must have gone about 6 weddings produced by online meetings in past 3 years.

I have had a few successful relationships with men I met online but all ended for same reason: Distance. My last one lasted 9 months but it ended due to distance. We saw each other frequently but it was not enough because we both lead busy lives and don't want to jet back and forth much longer.

I will never do an online relationship again because I am not willing to invest all of emotions/money/time on a relationship that would surely end due to distance anyway.

Meg said:
I have had a few successful relationships with men I met online but all ended for same reason: Distance. My last one lasted 9 months but it ended due to distance. We saw each other frequently but it was not enough because we both lead busy lives and don't want to jet back and forth much longer.
Yep. The biggiest issue: Distance.

I had this long distance with my latest ex when she started to attend at Gallaudet... It does offer nothing but problem... but again, that's us. For some, it will work well for them.

Edit: To add, it make everything harder for me to trust women thru online thingy (I am not speaking of friendship, I have no problem with trusting women as friends but not 'relationship' and such thru online). I know that not all women are same but bad experience is still existing in my memory. In time, it will be heal.

Last edited:
Meg said:
Online dating can work but both must have realistic expectations. I must have gone about 6 weddings produced by online meetings in past 3 years.

I will never do an online relationship again because I am not willing to invest all of emotions/money/time on a relationship that would surely end due to distance anyway.

i have had the same problem too.. and i have vowed not to have any more online relationships ever again cuz i dont want to go through another heartbreak again.. as my last relationship lasted 9 months due to the damn distance as he COULDNT HANDLE IT the distance temporarily and i was just merely 5 months away from graduation!! sheesh!! i hear that men give up so easily.. i just dont understand why.. i mean we (women) want the affections/physcial contact too and all that!! sheesh!!

zesty said:
i have had the same problem too.. and i have vowed not to have any more online relationships ever again cuz i dont want to go through another heartbreak again.. as my last relationship lasted 9 months due to the damn distance as he COULDNT HANDLE IT the distance temporarily and i was just merely 5 months away from graduation!! sheesh!! i hear that men give up so easily.. i just dont understand why.. i mean we (women) want the affections/physcial contact too and all that!! sheesh!!
On the contrary, I didn't give up. I was willing to work it out with my ex but she refused. I am speaking of distance issue. I don't mind to wait or having the relationship thru online for temporary... In the end, she decided to screw me.

Oh well.

Magatsu said:
On the contrary, I didn't give up. I was willing to work it out with my ex but she refused. I am speaking of distance issue. I don't mind to wait or having the relationship thru online for temporary... In the end, she decided to screw me.

Oh well.

awww!! sorry to hear that!! :hug: you are such a DOLL!! i would never screw someone like you.. ;) :hug:

zesty said:
awww!! sorry to hear that!! :hug: you are such a DOLL!! i would never screw someone like you.. ;) :hug:
LoL :hug: thank for compliment
04.gif

Last edited:
x10oT said:
Do u think its good idea to date w someone through online? :ugh:

I don't recommend online relationship with someone who lives real far away, but someone locally is fine. It's much easier to find out who the person is meeting at public place. Someone, FAR far away really sucks bad, I tell you!

Well.. some of true.. but.. I had few online datings before I met my man, the other few online datings didnt work out well, now my man used to live in MD and I lived in MN.. we met and worked out great, he moved in.. but first year was up and down then 2nd year.. getting better.. 3rd year.. going strong!! woot!!..
:dance: I am glad that I met my man, hes awesome.. I wouldnt be around if i didnt meet him.. I learned alot from him.. :D

Back