Obama vs McCain: Race for Ultimate President!

I vote for...

• Obama! First African-American ever!

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • McCain! And hot wife.

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Green Party or something...

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Ain't vote them. They aren't quality.

Votes: 12 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Audit everything and find out who is bleeding the money. also cut/disband unnecessary branches/contracts/etc that relies heavily on federal fund. I'd love to see dismantling of Homeland Security, I.C.E., and bunch others that we never heard of.

I'm guessing - restoration of federal oversight on corporations and re-enact laws that were in place before Bush to monitor corporations - That was eliminated by Bush Administration which is how you got Enron and real estate bubble burst... for starter

Now that you mention the corporations... they have way too much power these days. Much, much more powerful than they were 20 years ago. What you said in the first paragraph, I would refer to some of these as pork barrels. A lot of government branches are an absolute joke these days. Just look at FEMA. They are still stumbling all over even after the fiasco that was Hurricane Katrina.

That's why a lot of laws they pass these days are rendered useless because they don't really enforce or enact it. Also, a lot of laws they passed are pretty silly. For instance, outlawing saggy pants and fine people for not mowing their lawns.

HOA (Homeowners Association) shouldn't have any power over any neighourhoods if you ask me. They are often managed by control freaks. Some of them even have legal authority which is a scary thing.

I think there's too much bureaucracy that costs the taxpayers way too much.

I don't know if American trends affect Canada so much that a Canadian would be inclined to comment upon it. I agree with the spirit of the posting and that all views and ideas should be presented so as to make a better society.

I do not agree with the assessment on United States' F.E.M.A. The agency has learned its lessons well since Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Since the greatest natural disaster the U.S. has ever known, F.E.M.A. has proven its effectiveness to those who need it most. Unfortunately, because F.E.M.A. is not a cabinet-level position and, under the banner of "I'm a war president," it has no teeth with the President. Conservative Compassion: "Just keep telling them 'Help is on the way!'"

Be careful in mocking a legislative procedure that was local and stereotyping the rest of the U.S. with it. The Saggy Pants freak-out was in Florida, one of 50 U.S. states, and it was . . . well, Florida (enough said).

There will always be arguments/debates regarding privitization vs. bureaucracy. Do you believe that the benefits and burden of privitization outweigh that of bureaucracy's benefits and burden? Debates tend to be "either or" and not "the balance."

Homeowners Association have a proven track of optimal satisfaction with homeowners, who regard their homes as an investment that should provide a return. Still, Homeowners Associations are a not an absolute entity (you can influence or give perspective) and that means what is the norm today may not be the norm tomorrow.

Change comes from within and not through legislation.

Whoa! :topic:

Now, I had done with research, I'm picking OBAMA!!!

I voted green party or something. I wish there's more support for Gravel or Ron Paul, oh well...

I voted green party or something. I wish there's more support for Gravel or Ron Paul, oh well...

What about Bob Barr? Want full bushel of GA peaches?

whatever happened to Hillary Clinton? You liked her at first

Yes I like her for a long time. It's nothing change... I alway wish she as US president. I do not against Obama personally but I feel that Hillary have experience political background than Obama. However, she lost and Obama won... I accept the fact and start to learn about him everyday since Hillary is out and like him more.

Yes I like her for a long time. It's nothing change... I alway wish she as US president. I do not against Obama personally but I feel that Hillary have experience political background than Obama. However, she lost and Obama won... I accept the fact and start to learn about him everyday since Hillary is out and like him more.
Hillary never likes Obama. She has to for the sake of DNC and her popularity otherwise she'll look like a sore loser and she's not going to have any chance if she runs for it again next time.

Hillary never likes Obama. She has to for the sake of DNC and her popularity otherwise she'll look like a sore loser and she's not going to have any chance if she runs for it again next time.

Either Hillary like Obama or not is her problem, not mine. :)

I witnessed on TV that Hillary and Obama ":hug:" each other soon after she learn that she lost. :dunno:

Either Hillary like Obama or not is her problem, not mine. :)[/font]
it is your problem because you said she likes him more but I had to correct you there.

I witnessed on TV that Hillary and Obama ":hug:" each other soon after she learn that she lost. :dunno:
What do you do when you lose? You shake hand to your opponent and say - "good job" but that doesn't mean you're his/her best friend after that. Everybody knows Hillary doesn't like Obama.

it is your problem because you said she likes him more but I had to correct you there.

What and how they did is none of my business... All what I say is I like them, period.

As what you claimed that Hillary don't like him. Is it private or poitical reason?

What do you do when you lose? You shake hand to your opponent and say - "good job" but that doesn't mean you're his/her best friend after that. Everybody knows Hillary doesn't like Obama.

They are an adult.

I don't think Hillary don't like Obama. That's just political contest, who want win..., that's it.

What and how they did is none of my business... All what I say is I like them, period.

As what you claimed that Hillary don't like him. Is it private or poitical reason?
I'm not claiming anything. I'm just telling you it's a pretty well-known thing among the American citizens that she does not like him.

They are an adult.

I don't think Hillary don't like Obama. That's just political contest, who want win..., that's it.
They have different approach, different idea, etc. Just ask any Americans...

The other thing that people haven't consider is that Obama could win the popular vote and McCain could win the Electoral vote making him the President.....

The other thing that people haven't consider is that Obama could win the popular vote and McCain could win the Electoral vote making him the President.....

possibly.... possibly.... :Ohno:

The other possibility is that on the day of National Elections, Bush could declare a state of emergency and suspend elections, making him the President again......

The other possibility is that on the day of National Elections, Bush could declare a state of emergency and suspend elections, making him the President again......

that's if he invades Iran.. which is why nobody wants to impeach him. It's best to let him finish his term and be over with it.

What about Bob Barr? Want full bushel of GA peaches?

Well what I read from Wikipedia, he's as a Liberal is a big joke label for him, he don't support medical nor legal marijuana or support the same sex marriage, also the Wikipedia said that he proposed the Pentagon to ban the armies from practicing the Wicca religion, and there are more that I disagree with him at my mains so Bob Barr is not for me.. I guess Obama would be my best bet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back