Obama vs McCain: Race for Ultimate President!

I vote for...

• Obama! First African-American ever!

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • McCain! And hot wife.

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Green Party or something...

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Ain't vote them. They aren't quality.

Votes: 12 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I was going to vote, but under the circumstances, I just moved out to an out of state. I'd rather getting to know State/local politicians first, though. Both McCain and Obama do not impress me at all. Ah, the lesser of two evils principle!

I was reading Obama's Illinois Legislative Voting Record. It was interesting..

ABORTION:

SB 230 (1997)
To prohibit partial-birth abortion unless necessary to save
the life of a mother and makes performance of the procedure a Class 4 felony for the physician.

Obama's vote: NO

HB 709 (2000)

To prohibit state funding of abortion and induced miscarriages except when necessary to save the life of the mother. Excludes premature births from funding except to produce a viable child when necessary to save the life of a
mother. Would permit funding in cases of rape or incest
when payment is authorized under federal law.

SB 1661 (2002)

A part of the Born Alive Infant Protection Package. Would
create a cause of action if a child is born alive after an abortion and the child is then neglected through failure to provide medial care after birth.

CRIME

SB 381 (1997)

To require prisoners to pay court costs for frivolous lawsuits
against the state.

SB 485 (1999)
To give no offer of “good time” for sex offenders sentenced
to the County Jail.

Obama's vote: NO*

*Obama was the only vote against this measure

I would suggest you to read the link "Compared on Obama and McCain where PowerON provided at other thread. It's including abortion, death penalty, healthcare, etc.

AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - Obama supporters?

Well due to our racist history, some of Americans still feel like other people that have little different is a big deal to them. The diversity is very poor in quality here in America, that's why we took the racist, homophobias, etc so seriously. I don't really understand why some of Americans act like that myself too.

Yes, Jiro123 explained in his previous posts. It's really sad... to know that they show no respect each other.

But remember, not ALL Americans are like that :)

Yes I aware because I have many American friends... They did not do like that... :D

Was it true that European countries have an envy of us? Or wasn't they one of our best allies? I am sorta of confuse here..

:laugh2:

Liebling support pro-choice and we have one group in America.

National Abortion Federation (NAF)

Liebling are against the guns and we have one in America.

Anti-gun group: 'We want futures, not funerals'

Liebling support universal health benefits and American President Candidate Hillary planned that.

Liebling tend to support the Democrat compare to Republic, and the Democrat are the second largest party in the America and tend to win in the half-half competitive with Republic.

Keep going!

Exactly, that's what I tried to convince him yesterday... We all are human beings who have different POV. It doesn't mean that our POV are right or wrong but it's good when we respect each other instead of insult/attack/belittle person's POV. :thumb:

Yes, Jiro123 explained in his previous posts. It's really sad... to know that they show no respect each other.

*nods* It's sad..

Yes I aware because I have many American friends... They did not do like that... :D

I am glad that you have some of Americans that are not like that :)

:laugh2:

Exactly, that's what I tried to convince him yesterday... We all are human beings who have different POV. It doesn't mean that our POV are right or wrong but it's good when we respect each other instead of insult/attack/belittle person's POV. :thumb:
[/QUOTE]

Yupp that's right, there are nobody in the world that are different than just a human being :)

I would suggest you to read the link "Compared on Obama and McCain where PowerON provided at other thread. It's including abortion, death penalty, healthcare, etc.

AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - Obama supporters?

The link has been circulating throughout the message boards, and blogs for months since the introduction of the nominations. It defining the information are insufficient and flawed.

Official government websites are highly recommended. The organization websites such as "on the issues.org" and "vote smart.org" are fairly recommended.

Those sites mostly give a general overview of the candidates' position. It's also useful to look at specific bills they've voted on as Barbaro has posted. Here's one example people really should know about:

SB 1661 (2002)

A part of the Born Alive Infant Protection Package. Would create a cause of action if a child is born alive after an abortion and the child is then neglected through failure to provide medial care after birth.

Here's what this means: If a woman goes in for an abortion, the abortion fails, and the baby is born alive, then according to Obama, the doctor should not have to do anything to keep the baby alive- he can allow the born baby to just lie there and die. Even NARAL doesn't agree with that. I know this sounds sensationalistic and smeary, but it's right there on his voting record.

I have nothing against Obama on a personal level, and if he does get elected, I hope he does a good job. I just don't want people to get their hopes up too high and get disappointed when they realize he's really not another kind of politician as he would have you believe.

Those sites mostly give a general overview of the candidates' position. It's also useful to look at specific bills they've voted on as Barbaro has posted. Here's one example people really should know about:

SB 1661 (2002)

A part of the Born Alive Infant Protection Package. Would create a cause of action if a child is born alive after an abortion and the child is then neglected through failure to provide medial care after birth.

Here's what this means: If a woman goes in for an abortion, the abortion fails, and the baby is born alive, then according to Obama, the doctor should not have to do anything to keep the baby alive- he can allow the born baby to just lie there and die. Even NARAL doesn't agree with that. I know this sounds sensationalistic and smeary, but it's right there on his voting record.

I have nothing against Obama on a personal level, and if he does get elected, I hope he does a good job. I just don't want people to get their hopes up too high and get disappointed when they realize he's really not another kind of politician as he would have you believe.
Yes, I read the testimony by Jill Stanek; Obama must have a heart of stone. :(

Abortion Right isn't good idea, being restricted is best way to protect than abuse women's womb.

SB 1661 (2002)

Yeah... Obama already lost my respect. Like I said... humans are nothing but trashy. :(

EDIT: It is just sound like Gianna's story, if you don't know her, she is an abortion survivor. She was born and alive during abortion, Gianna could be dead if a nurse do not anything about this child (now she's a full grown up) as if she let her lie there and die. But the nurse saved her... Too bad, today, a lot of pro-choicers want her dead because she is... :sighs: an abortion survivor. :roll:

Last edited:

SB 1661 (2002)

So you are saying that a fetus aborted at 12 weeks has a chance of survival?

The risk of a fetus being born alive and surviving in the first trimester is nonexistent. And when we are talking about choice that is not for a medical reason involving the fetus or the mother (e.g. elective abortion) we are talking about abortions in the first trimester.

Your post is extremely misleading.

Enuff said!

25720720852930127bcbfz5.jpg

Chris Rock: It's simple, vote for the guy with one house

ROCK: I introduced Obama at the Apollo Theater not too long ago. I think Obama would be great. I mean, just look the big thing right now is the economy. And people are going broke. And here: The choice isn't Republican or Democrat. The choice is you got a guy that's worth $150 million with 12 houses against a guy who's worth a million dollars with one house.

KING: Well --

ROCK: The guy with one house really cares about losing a house, because he is homeless. The other guy can lose five houses and still got a bunch of houses. Does this make any sense? Am I the only one that sees this?

KING: It's unique way of ...

ROCK: I'm just saying, John McCain could lose half his houses.

KING: You got a point.

ROCK: And sleep well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back