NRA offensive exposes deep U.S. divisions on guns

that's what you should have said.

this post is very misleading. it implies that it's a state law for Colorado to allow anybody to buy guns.

Ok, let me correct the mislead.

Colorado state law allows anyone with clean record, especially movie theater shooter to buy those kind of guns, so Colorado doesn't have assault weapon ban, unlike California does.

Ok, let me correct the mislead.

Colorado state law allows anyone with clean record, especially movie theater shooter to buy those kind of guns, so Colorado doesn't have assault weapon ban, unlike California does.

my handgun is illegal in California :roll:

how do you own one? you've gotta have a clean record. James Holmes had a clean record to own one. the only way to prevent this massacre is to set up a Thought Police and maybe hire a fortune teller.
IMO, when if his family, friend or classmate suspects him like he's acting weird, one of them should call FBI which can check his gun purchase history and break into his place to find evidences like browsing history, weapons, written plans and books while he's out. That could prevent the massacre. I am sure that someone noticed him acting weird before the massacre.

my handgun is illegal in California :roll:

Oh really, what is kind of your handgun?

I believe that you can use those for self defense at home so I don't know about CCW or open carry.

plenty of options for adults to protect their children - private school. home school. bodyguard. etc.

But I refuse to pay for other parents especially if the idea is unsound but they are free to pay for it themselves for their own children.
Yes, you will pay for it with your gun taxes. (That's NRA's idea, not mine)

Good luck with gridlocked congress and Obama.
NRA said that it will be glad to provide (free?) trainings for school security guards if Congress allows them to be armed and it also suggests that gun owners like Jiro pay taxes to cover those guards. Who knows that maybe Obama and Congress like that idea?

IMO, when if his family, friend or classmate suspects him like he's acting weird, one of them should call FBI which can check his gun purchase history and break into his place to find evidences like browsing history, weapons, written plans and books while he's out. That could prevent the massacre. I am sure that someone noticed him acting weird before the massacre.

what if he lives alone? and how is it there business? and I don't like the idea of requiring to have references to own one.

breaking into his place is a felony. calling FBI to investigate an American citizen without probable cause is illegal.

what is the legal criteria for "acting weird"?

Yes, you will pay for it with your gun taxes. (That's NRA's idea, not mine)
NRA said that it will be glad to provide (free?) trainings for school security guards if Congress allows them to be armed and it also suggests that gun owners like Jiro pay taxes to cover those guards. Who knows that maybe Obama and Congress like that idea?

not interested.

The House of Representatives are your major problem and they will not clear the bill to become a law.

I am curious about a gun permit or license. Do you have to renew it yearly or so and pay for it?

yes - every few years. and yes I have to pay a fee. I have 4 licenses - Maine, Florida, and Virginia. 3 fees.

NJ = no expiration date unless I get arrested.

The House of Representatives are your major problem and they will not clear the bill to become a law.
The House of Representatives are mostly Republicans, right? If so, I believe that alot of them support NRA.

The House of Representatives are mostly Republicans, right? If so, I believe that alot of them support NRA.

a lot of them would support a new gun bill in response to Sandy Hook Shooting since CNN poll reported that 52% of Americans support it.

yes - every few years. and yes I have to pay a fee. I have 3 licenses - NJ, Florida, and Virginia. 3 fees.
Someday who knows that you will pay more after taxes to cover armed guards?

For example, cigarette smokers pay more because of cigarette high taxes that go to sick children who don't have health insurance coverage.

a lot of them would support a new gun bill in response to Sandy Hook Shooting since CNN poll reported that 52% of Americans support it.
Hopefully. That would be good news for us excluding you.

Stupid NRA. Are they losing their minds?????

I think people should NOT own guns made to kill. Who needs to sell guns that can load 100 bullets in a minute? These guns should be for military use only, not for civilians.
Any gun can kill but at the same time, no guns go on rampages by themselves.

The guns that are used by the military (automatic rifles) are not lawfully available to the general public.

same thing with Porsche, Ferrari, etc. who needs to own a car that can go 200 mph? that's a lethal machine especially if you're drunk or distracted.
Also, there are limited areas where you can legally drive them up to their capacity speed. Same with guns. You can't legally shoot them any old place that you want.

...IMO, the 2nd Amendment was created at the time assault weapons were not available so those kinds of guns are not part of the 2nd Amendment. Period.
So, you expect Americans to stick with muskets and pikes while the enemy uses the latest and greatest weaponry? That's not logical.

Back