NRA offensive exposes deep U.S. divisions on guns

For example, gay rights to marry...

you do realize that several states have gay marriage laws now? now the gay marriage case has finally reached to Supreme Court's table so let's see what they say.

I'm just ask - IF.

What are happening to US Supreme Court if they didn't strike the gun ban down? I think you will know about them - the judges ignore to the constitution.

The constitutional crisis means the judges or government decide to ignore the constitution, like Obama wants to have a third term presidency but... US Constitution limits the presidency term limit to 2 - 8 years in total, for example.

again.... never heard of such thing. I don't play with guess game in Supreme Court example. I stick with facts.

If such thing as you claimed has happened... please list the legal precedents.

You've mentioned "any judge dies" several times in this thread. Do you have some inside information on the health of our justices that we're not aware of? Is someone sick?

The judges can die in anytime from natural causes, assassination (fully doubtfully), the car accident, serious injuries or any causes. The judges don't live forever so they usually get replaced after die or retire or impeach.

I don't know about judge's health status and many of them are very old, especially Ginsburg got cancers in few years ago.

I'm just give a example about how could affect the US Supreme Court if judge's position gets replaced with new judge, appointed by the president and majority of senators have to confirm.

The judges can die in anytime from natural causes, assassination (fully doubtfully), the car accident, serious injuries or any causes. The judges don't live forever so they usually get replaced after die or retire or impeach.

I don't know about judge's health status and many of them are very old, especially Ginsburg got cancers in few years ago.

I'm just give a example about how could affect the US Supreme Court if judge's position gets replaced with new judge, appointed by the president and majority of senators have to confirm.
I understand you very clearly. :thumb:

again.... never heard of such thing. I don't play with guess game in Supreme Court example. I stick with facts.

If such thing as you claimed has happened... please list the legal precedents.

The US has very few constitutional crisis.
Constitutional crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The situation about South Carolina, the question about whichever the president will be replaced if anyone dies, the southern states secede from US and parties dispute the votes.

I don't think any constitutional crisis in US were involved with US Supreme Court, but it is very possible in the future.

I understand you very clearly. :thumb:

Thanks - I worked really hard to make anyone understand about what I am saying. :ty:

I was little frustrated after some members were unable to understand about what I was saying and had to clarified my post.

Heh, I know. It was just that you mentioned judges die so many times it was getting spooky. ;)

The US has very few constitutional crisis.

The situation about South Carolina, the question about whichever the president will be replaced if anyone dies, the southern states secede from US and parties dispute the votes.

I don't think any constitutional crisis in US were involved with US Supreme Court, but it is very possible in the future.

ah so now you're talking about the judge's death but weren't you talking about judge "ignoring" the Constitution?

ah so now you're talking about the judge's death but weren't you talking about judge "ignoring" the Constitution?

The judge's death and judge "ignoring the Constitution are very separated.

1) When judge dies so the president nominate the new judge and have to get majority of senators to confirm the nomination.

2) When judges review the case about city ban on guns and refuse to strike it down based on Second Amendment. Some citizens will say - it is constitutional crisis because the highest court ignored to Second Amendment. There are some Americans disagree with the court ruling - that's normal but not sure about constitutional crisis - have a lot of questions to ask but you don't want play guess games so I respect your request - you don't have to answer my guess question.

The judge's death and judge "ignoring the Constitution are very separated.

1) When judge dies so the president nominate the new judge and have to get majority of senators to confirm the nomination.
right. that's how it is... I'm not sure why are we discussing about this?

2) When judges review the case about city ban on guns and refuse to strike it down based on Second Amendment. Some citizens will say - it is constitutional crisis because the highest court ignored to Second Amendment. There are some Americans disagree with the court ruling - that's normal but not sure about constitutional crisis - have a lot of questions to ask but you don't want play guess games so I respect your request - you don't have to answer my guess question.
but.... Supreme Court has already struck down DC's and Chicago's gun ban law.

So I'm not really sure what are you getting at. In case you forgot -

Yes, that what I'm thinking about it. I'm more concerned about judge activist.

If the judge ignores to the constitution so will lead to constitution crisis?

You still haven't shown me any example of Supreme Court "ignoring" the Constitution.

Why do you have hard times to understand him?

He can talk about two things at the same time. One for "in case of a judge's death" = a new replacement who may suck. Another thing for "judge ignoring the Constitution" = some judges are not always perfect or faithful or loyal.

Clear? No? Then go back to school, Orij. :sadwave:

right. that's how it is... I'm not sure why are we discussing about this?

I explained about anything about how US Supreme Court were processed. See #386.

but.... Supreme Court has already struck down DC's and Chicago's gun ban law.

So I'm not really sure what are you getting at. In case you forgot -

You still haven't shown me any example of Supreme Court "ignoring" the Constitution.

You told me - you don't want play guess questions about US Supreme Court, so I respect your request. I'm just wait for other members to answer my question if they are interested.

I'm just simply ask guess question - What happen to US Supreme Court if they ignore to US constitution? especially if they upheld the gun ban, but Second Amendment is SUPPOSED to make gun ban as unconstitutional.

If you are not interested to answer so please ignore my question.

Why do you have hard times to understand him?

He can talk about two things at the same time. One for "in case of a judge's death" = a new replacement who may suck. Another thing for "judge ignoring the Constitution" = some judges are not always perfect or faithful or loyal.

Clear? No? Then go back to school, Orij. :sadwave:

right.... that's why I asked for an example if such thing has ever happened. this is Supreme Court we're talking about.... not some local court.

The Supreme Court Judge IGNORING the Constitution? example please?

right.... that's why I asked for an example if such thing has ever happened. this is Supreme Court we're talking about.... not some local court.

The Supreme Court Judge IGNORING the Constitution? example please?

In bold - It has NEVER HAPPENED since US was born in 1776.

I explained about anything about how US Supreme Court were processed. See #386.

You told me - you don't want play guess questions about US Supreme Court, so I respect your request. I'm just wait for other members to answer my question if they are interested.

I'm just simply ask guess question - What happen to US Supreme Court if they ignore to US constitution? especially if they upheld the gun ban, but Second Amendment is SUPPOSED to make gun ban as unconstitutional.

If you are not interested to answer so please ignore my question.
what would happen? nothing! absolutely nothing!

If they upheld the gun ban (which they didn't) or any controversial law, then it's because they must have a very good reason to do so and it usually makes sense.

what would happen? nothing! absolutely nothing!

That's ok, but I respectfully disagree with you and it could happen in anytime, so we never know about what happens in the future. I'm very open about what happen in the future.

If they upheld the gun ban (which they didn't) or any controversial law, then it's because they must have a very good reason to do so and it usually makes sense.

Finally, I understand about what are you saying and that's good answer. :ty:

In bold - It has NEVER HAPPENED since US was born in 1776.

no wonder! then now you see why I had such a huge trouble trying to understand your post?

It's like asking me to play a guessing game what would happen if the President ignores two-thirds vote for impeachment. Leave that silly fantasy to Hollywood and stick with facts.

That's ok, but I respectfully disagree with you and it could happen in anytime, so we never know about what happens in the future. I'm very open about what happen in the future.
like what?

to clarify - when I said "nothing! absolutely nothing"... what I meant is that there wouldn't be anarchy or civil war or secession or something like that. just... NOTHING! we move on and get on with it like before when Supreme Court made a ruling in Roe v. Wade and DC v. Heller.

Finally, I understand about what are you saying and that's good answer. :ty:
then that means you would agree with me instead of disagreeing with me.

Back