NRA offensive exposes deep U.S. divisions on guns

no wonder! then now you see why I had such a huge trouble trying to understand your post?

It's like asking me to play a guessing game what would happen if the President ignores two-thirds vote for impeachment. Leave that silly fantasy to Hollywood and stick with facts.

Yes, it was really tough debate for sure. I'm personally very open to discuss about any possible scenario.

If you don't like my question so you can just ignore it, so members have many different interests.

Yes, it was really tough debate for sure. I'm personally very open to discuss about any possible scenario.

If you don't like my question so you can just ignore it, so members have many different interests.

it's preferable if you construct a "possible scenario" to something more realistic.... not Hollywood. you don't want people to not take you seriously... just an advice.

like what?

to clarify - when I said "nothing! absolutely nothing"... what I meant is that there wouldn't be anarchy or civil war or secession or something like that. just... NOTHING! we move on and get on with it like before when Supreme Court's ruling in Roe v. Wade and DC v. Heller.

I don't think any events about civil war, secession or anarchy will going to be truly happens, but anything is possible. I'm not worried about those situation.

then that means you would agree with me instead of disagreeing with me.

For based on fact with US Supreme Court, yes, I agreed with you.

it's preferable if you construct a "possible scenario" to something more realistic.... not Hollywood. you don't want people to not take you seriously... just an advice.

Ok, no problem.

what would happen? nothing! absolutely nothing!

If they upheld the gun ban (which they didn't) or any controversial law, then it's because they must have a very good reason to do so and it usually makes sense.
Oh, wait and see what's going on at SC regarding gay marriage. If they finds it unconstitutional, then I would not say that it makes sense.

Oh, wait and see what's going on at SC regarding gay marriage. If they finds it unconstitutional, then I would not say that it makes sense.

yup. finally! it's about time that a gay marriage case has reached to Supreme Court. I firmly believe that gay marriage would be legalized and recognized by government but church will not be compelled to follow it.

Jiro's argument about AZ immigration law and Obamacare won.

SC already struck all of AZ immigration law, except for paper requirement and SC upheld the constitutionally of Obamacare.

no wonder! Then now you see why i had such a huge trouble trying to understand your post?

It's like asking me to play a guessing game what would happen if the president ignores two-thirds vote for impeachment. Leave that silly fantasy to hollywood and stick with facts.
I have had enough with facts so let's talk bullshit! :D

yup. finally! it's about time that a gay marriage case has reached to Supreme Court. I firmly believe that gay marriage would be legalized and recognized by government but church will not be compelled to follow it.

I agree with your argument.

I agree with your argument.
I saw the news on TV about gay couple getting married in one of the churchs in Sacramento, I think cuz I was not paying full attention to it. Maybe Jiro thinks that I am bullshitting.

I think the news was about one big (famous?) church there wanting to marry gay couples but waiting for approval from their "boss".

Last edited:
im so bored with this thread, its just about ppl moaning about freedom of owning a gun and questions of 'do you need one?' blah blah
best defense is to keep hell away from places...and psychologists have gone stupid now, they are all in for 'marketing and research' bullshit because that's where the money is for them...
its uses gone to shit...so as a result, we cant keep tabs on potential 'gone haywire' normal pple from becoming mass killers just because they snapped...
thats MOHO

I saw the news on TV about gay couple getting married in one of the churchs in Sacramento, I think cuz I was not paying full attention to it. Maybe Jiro thinks that I am bullshitting.

I think the news was about one big (famous?) church there wanting to marry gay couples but waiting for approval from their "boss".

bullshitting? why? I think that's wonderful.

but I believe the church should be exempted from Supreme Court's ruling (assuming that gay marriage is legal). they would be welcomed to get married at courthouse.

Right, and it is really landmark case. They got tons of cases filed in supreme court every year, most of the cases that they file ended up turned down because they don't have time for every cases filed, and because the case were heard and decided and it is LIKELY it won't be heard again. That is why congress can't do much and Obama would be stupid if he gone forward with executive order.

there you go.... 5-4 victory twice.... and the ruling will stay that way for a very long time. Supreme Court rarely revisits the same issue until decades later.

that's why I'm :confused: about your response about Supreme Court ruling being too easy or something.

Right, and it is really landmark case. They got tons of cases filed in supreme court every year, most of the cases that they file ended up turned down because they don't have time for every cases filed, and because the case were heard and decided and it is LIKELY it won't be heard again. That is why congress can't do much and Obama would be stupid if he gone forward with executive order.

Frequently Asked Questions - Supreme Court of the United States
How many cases are appealed to the Court each year and how many cases does the Court hear?

The Court receives approximately 10,000 petitions for a writ of certiorari each year. The Court grants and hears oral argument in about 75-80 cases.

If US Supreme Court refuses to hear the case so it means ruling from appeals court is final, I believe so.

is this all about american politics and not gun laws?
or what have i missed where did it go from there to here? i felt my comment was flatly ignored as it was a point about a different light on what might be a more effective means of preventative action could be taken, particularly on mass-shooters from cracked up otherwise-normal-civil individuals...

but no you all seem to occupied with squibbles about how the congress is run or ought to run, or even the courts...now...court is above congress????!!??!!!!

I believe the problem with this is that there is so many forgotten events that occurs. Perfect example was the North Hollywood massacre where two scumbags shoots thousands of rounds with their machine guns, during that time the assault gun ban was already in effect, whats more during that time machine guns were illegal. That ban actually failed prevent these two scumbag from shooting thousands of shits. These two scumbag were able to obtain machine guns illegal though black market. Whats most amazed about this is that NO one was killed except these two scumbags, the truth is hundred of people could have got killed at that time.

This is something I don't understand why one fails realize that the idea of banning or outlaws assault rifle is going to prevent future events like these massacre or hell it you call it mass killing. I called them INSANE because they have repeat same thing in the past and why they would think next time will be different where it will always be the same result.

And finally, what I don't understand is that they (Anti-guns society) don't see that these events is so small, yet made huge deal just like Clinton had great time with Monica Lewinsky under Clinton's presidential desk and we the taxpayers paid millions of dollars on legal bills for this, know what I am saying?

I believe the problem with this is that there is so many forgotten events that occurs. Perfect example was the North Hollywood massacre where two scumbags shoots thousands of rounds with their machine guns, during that time the assault gun ban was already in effect, whats more during that time machine guns were illegal. That ban actually failed prevent these two scumbag from shooting thousands of shits. These two scumbag were able to obtain machine guns illegal though black market. Whats most amazed about this is that NO one was killed except these two scumbags, the truth is hundred of people could have got killed at that time.

This is something I don't understand why one fails realize that the idea of banning or outlaws assault rifle is going to prevent future events like these massacre or hell it you call it mass killing. I called them INSANE because they have repeat same thing in the past and why they would think next time will be different where it will always be the same result.

And finally, what I don't understand is that they (Anti-guns society) don't see that these events is so small, yet made huge deal just like Clinton had great time with Monica Lewinsky under Clinton's presidential desk and we the taxpayers paid millions of dollars on legal bills for this, know what I am saying?
just a slight correction - they illegally modified their semi-automatic weapons into full-auto. all they needed was a bench drill to make a hole to install autosear pin.

Back