NRA offensive exposes deep U.S. divisions on guns

40 and 80 round magazines were illegal back then, don't forget that part.

just a slight correction - they illegally modified their semi-automatic weapons into full-auto. all they needed was a bench drill to make a hole to install autosear pin.

I believe the problem with this is that there is so many forgotten events that occurs. Perfect example was the North Hollywood massacre where two scumbags shoots thousands of rounds with their machine guns, during that time the assault gun ban was already in effect, whats more during that time machine guns were illegal. That ban actually failed prevent these two scumbag from shooting thousands of shits. These two scumbag were able to obtain machine guns illegal though black market. Whats most amazed about this is that NO one was killed except these two scumbags, the truth is hundred of people could have got killed at that time.

This is something I don't understand why one fails realize that the idea of banning or outlaws assault rifle is going to prevent future events like these massacre or hell it you call it mass killing. I called them INSANE because they have repeat same thing in the past and why they would think next time will be different where it will always be the same result.

And finally, what I don't understand is that they (Anti-guns society) don't see that these events is so small, yet made huge deal just like Clinton had great time with Monica Lewinsky under Clinton's presidential desk and we the taxpayers paid millions of dollars on legal bills for this, know what I am saying?
Are you sure about guns they got from the black market? Maybe they bought them legally before the ban became effective.

Bank robbers usually target police officers/SWAT who carry weapons. They didn't kill bank employees and customers inside the bank.

Machine guns? Oh please! How could it be sold legally? Even worse, both have prior felony record and you should have watch the movie, North Hollywood massacre, and I couldn't believe two scumbags open fire constantly for a fucking OVER an hour! OVER a THOUSANDS rounds sprayed outside not inside. They were inside Bank of America for just about 4 minutes that is all and when they come outside, find themselves blocked with cops all over, they decided to open fire. Know what finally took both guys out? It was assault rifle, that time, no cop has assault rifle because of the ban. After that, LAPD decided that it is far too risky having cop without assault rifles and made it legal for cops. They have several of them with 40 and 80 rounds magazine, You shouldn't say anything until you research or watch that movie and you WILL drop your mouth, I guarantee that once you see it, you won't believe what you have seen!

You could google "North Hollywood Massacrce" Or "North Hollywood Shoot out"

Whats more? Ready for this? These two scumbags were out on bail on several felony charges! They have trial date set, and this pissed them off big time. They wanted to escape prison time by going out of country, and they needed money, so they decided rob that bank with machine guns, several of them.

Again, it is MIRACLE that no one got killed except these two scumbags. But there are intensive bullet damages all over, even some police cars are destroyed from these flying bullets.

Are you sure about guns they got from the black market? Maybe they bought them legally before the ban became effective.

Bank robbers usually target police officers/SWAT who carry weapons. They didn't kill bank employees and customers inside the bank.

Machine guns? Oh please! How could it be sold legally? Even worse, both have prior felony record and you should have watch the movie, North Hollywood massacre, and I couldn't believe two scumbags open fire constantly for a fucking OVER an hour! OVER a THOUSANDS rounds sprayed outside not inside. They were inside Bank of America for just about 4 minutes that is all and when they come outside, find themselves blocked with cops all over, they decided to open fire. Know what finally took both guys out? It was assault rifle, that time, no cop has assault rifle because of the ban. After that, LAPD decided that it is far too risky having cop without assault rifles and made it legal for cops. They have several of them with 40 and 80 rounds magazine, You shouldn't say anything until you research or watch that movie and you WILL drop your mouth, I guarantee that once you see it, you won't believe what you have seen!

You could google "North Hollywood Massacrce" Or "North Hollywood Shoot out"

Whats more? Ready for this? These two scumbags were out on bail on several felony charges! They have trial date set, and this pissed them off big time. They wanted to escape prison time by going out of country, and they needed money, so they decided rob that bank with machine guns, several of them.

Again, it is MIRACLE that no one got killed except these two scumbags. But there are intensive bullet damages all over, even some police cars are destroyed from these flying bullets.
What about Jiro's quote?

they illegally modified their semi-automatic weapons into full-auto.

So the guns they got were not machine guns in the first place.

Again before you say anything, ready for this? These are tommy guns that they used, and these 40 and 80 rounds guns are already machine guns. They were not the regular assault rifle with modified to make it machine guns. I know what you mean but again if you research, you will drop your mouth. It was machine gun to begin with ALREADY, so it has to be obtained though black market.

You may not realize that in the last 6 months I was sick and stuck at home, I ended up watch A LOT of TV shows, mostly are documentary/criminal-drama. I love these shows, I often watch though Ipad2 using Netflix and other connection, very interesting. I also love watch history too :)

Quick question for you, what is ONE thing that is common among criminals? I have answer to this question and see if you come up with same answer.

What about Jiro's quote?

So the guns they got were not machine guns in the first place.

Again before you say anything, ready for this? These are tommy guns that they used, and these 40 and 80 rounds guns are already machine guns. They were not the regular assault rifle with modified to make it machine guns. I know what you mean but again if you research, you will drop your mouth. It was machine gun to begin with ALREADY, so it has to be obtained though black market.

You may not realize that in the last 6 months I was sick and stuck at home, I ended up watch A LOT of TV shows, mostly are documentary/criminal-drama. I love these shows, I often watch though Ipad2 using Netflix and other connection, very interesting. I also love watch history too :)

Quick question for you, what is ONE thing that is common among criminals? I have answer to this question and see if you come up with same answer.

what? no no...

Two AK-47s were LEGALLY obtained by Larry Phillips even though that wasn't supposed to happened since he was a convicted felon. Matasareanu used illegally-modified automatic AR-15 equipped with 100-round drum (notoriously unreliable). AK-47s were equipped with both drum magazines and standard 30-rounds magazines. But a drum magazine is legal to purchase and is typically found at gun or novelty fair since it's so unreliable that it's pretty much useless. Because of North Hollywood shootout, drum magazine and high-capacity magazine are illegal to own in some states such as California and NJ... which was why NBC anchorman got in trouble recently for holding up a 30-round magazine in DC news station.

there were NO tommy guns. and the weapons that criminals used were ORIGINALLY semi-automatic. Both AK-47 and AR-15 were ILLEGALLY-MODIFIED into automatic weapon.

North Hollywood shootout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Phillips and Mătăsăreanu carried illegally modified fully automatic AKMs and an AR-15 rifle with high capacity drum magazines and ammunition capable of penetrating police body armor.

And interestingly,

In October 1993, Phillips and Mătăsăreanu were arrested in Glendale, northeast of Los Angeles, California, for speeding. A subsequent search of their vehicle—after Phillips surrendered with a concealed weapon—found two semi-automatic rifles, two handguns, more than 1,600 rounds of 7.62×39mm rifle ammunition, 1,200 rounds of 9×19mm Parabellum and .45 ACP handgun ammunition, radio scanners, smoke bombs, improvised explosive devices, body armor vests, and three different California license plates. Initially charged with conspiracy to commit robbery, both served 100 days in jail and were placed on three years' probation. After their release, most of their seized property was returned to them

Why? :confused:

Okay, but still has the ban law prevented this incident at all?

All criminals have one thing in common, they don't give damn about laws so whats point of create law where criminals don't even care nor respect? This is not saying that we can't create laws. This is my saying, forget the idea of making law stricter, rather focus getting these scumbags off the street and lock em up where they can't hurt anyone.

what? no no...

Two AK-47s were LEGALLY obtained by Larry Phillips even though that wasn't supposed to happened since he was a convicted felon. Matasareanu used illegally-modified automatic AR-15 equipped with 100-round drum (notoriously unreliable). AK-47s were equipped with both drum magazines and standard 30-rounds magazines. But a drum magazine is legal to purchase and is typically found at gun or novelty fair since it's so unreliable that it's pretty much useless. Because of North Hollywood shootout, drum magazine and high-capacity magazine are illegal to own in some states such as California and NJ... which was why NBC anchorman got in trouble recently for holding up a 30-round magazine in DC news station.

there were NO tommy guns. and the weapons that criminals used were ORIGINALLY semi-automatic. Both AK-47 and AR-15 were ILLEGALLY-MODIFIED into automatic weapon.

Okay, but still has the ban law prevented this incident at all?

All criminals have one thing in common, they don't give damn about laws so whats point of create law where criminals don't even care nor respect? This is not saying that we can't create laws. This is my saying, forget the idea of making law stricter, rather focus getting these scumbags off the street and lock em up where they can't hurt anyone.

right. less gun laws, the better.

Newtown opens eyes to other gun violence against young people - CNN.com
Among America's largest cities, Philadelphia's homicide rate is the worst. Guns are the weapons of choice, with more than 80% of homicides committed with a firearm, according to the most recent police statistics. African-Americans make up 85% of the victims

"Statistics suggest that as a young, black man, you have a greater chance of being shot and killed in Philadelphia than you would have if you were a soldier serving in the conflicts in Afghanistan or Iraq," Charles said. "That's absurd to me."

Despite the daily gun violence plaguing American cities like Philadelphia, Chicago or New Orleans, it's the mass shootings at a school or a theater or a public event -- like the tragedies in Newtown, Aurora and Tucson -- that trigger outrage and a serious, nationwide discussion on gun violence.

"The tragedy of the parents isn't greater in Newtown than that of a parent of someone who was shot elsewhere," Charles said, expressing sadness for the lives lost in the school shooting. "At the end of the day, their kids aren't coming home, and there's no way to compare that anguish.
he fact that most of those killed in Philadelphia are victims of gun violence is emblematic of a national trend: Federal data for 2011 shows that more than 67% of all homicides in the United States were carried out with a gun.

So where's the nation's outrage?

Daily, inner-city gun violence has become "white noise," said Chuck Williams, founding director of Center for the Prevention of School-Aged Violence at Drexel University.

"At this point it's like, 'Oh, another six people got shot and killed over a week in a poor black community. Business as usual,'" he said, shrugging his shoulders. "So America says, if the urban communities don't care enough about it, then why should we?"

Teacher talks armed student into giving up, police say - CNN.com

What's very kind teacher that I have seen. :)

I almost got robbed by armed guy in DC, but the panic attack made me to escape without getting shot, so it was very loud and disturbed around street. I could be die after attempt to escape without lose any valuable stuffs like wallet, but I just made it.

I think that robbery uses gun to scare someone, but it won't work for me due to panic attack.

is this all about american politics and not gun laws?
or what have i missed where did it go from there to here? i felt my comment was flatly ignored as it was a point about a different light on what might be a more effective means of preventative action could be taken, particularly on mass-shooters from cracked up otherwise-normal-civil individuals...

but no you all seem to occupied with squibbles about how the congress is run or ought to run, or even the courts...now...court is above congress????!!??!!!!

I usually ignore any posts that contain bad languages and some of your questions are hard to understand.

The answer about the court is over the congress - not really, the court is authorized by US constitution to interpreting the law as constitutional or unconstitutional. The congress is making a law so require majority to pass.

The constitution override all government because the constitution is the supreme law of the land.

I usually ignore any posts that contain bad languages and some of your questions are hard to understand.

The answer about the court is over the congress - not really, the court is authorized by US constitution to interpreting the law as constitutional or unconstitutional. The congress is making a law so require majority to pass.

The constitution override all government because the constitution is the supreme law of the land.

ok , thanks for your explanation, much appreciated,:)

yes sometimes i ask hard questions, because i dont like easy answers

Guns for Cash! No Background Check, no ID, AND IT'S ALL LEGAL! - YouTube

That's fucked up big time!!!!

(No CC for English but you will get the point of it.)

that's why NRA pushed for stricter background check system and harsher penalty for illegal selling (just like in the video) and we currently have it in place but guess what? the federal government ignored it especially Obama Administration.

underfunded and unenforced. and you're whining and crying for more laws? :roll:

btw - it's illegal to falsify information so if that guy wasn't what he claimed to be in the video.... he just basically broke a federal law right there.

that's why NRA pushed for stricter background check system and harsher penalty for illegal selling (just like in the video) and we currently have it in place but guess what? the federal government ignored it especially Obama Administration.

underfunded and unenforced. and you're whining and crying for more laws? :roll:

btw - it's illegal to falsify information so if that guy wasn't what he claimed to be in the video.... he just basically broke a federal law right there.

Oh really? Where NRA supported the stricter background check? I know they didn't support in 1994. GOA opposing the background check as always.
Gun Advocate Larry Pratt Dismisses Background Checks: ‘We Are Wasting Our Time’ | Mediaite

Back