No Poo

google it. i read or seen it on tv some foreign country makes it. the bats eat coffee beans or something and then they take the bat poop and make coffee out of it. its suppose to be really high end and expensive too. i think its just gross.
Bacardi has an ingredient that's bat shit. That's why their logo is a bat. ;)

34nf68w.jpg

Homer does not approve of this topic title.

Misleading! False advertisement! What a sham! What if jillio came in here prepared to give you a medical statement of procedures and followup advice?? What about me going to say you were constipated and you should probably use chopsticks to get your poop down the toilet when it comes!? You joker you!

sike, yes.

Have never not used shampoo, but I've heard if you really want to get down to the basics there's some herb craps out there you can just rub leaves on your hair and stuff. Farthest I've ever gone is to use soap one day cause there was no more "poo", needless to say that was a reaaaly bad experience and I learned my lesson a few hours later.

Um, do you know how to read? "No Poo" is slang for no shampoo, because of the chemicals in shampoo.

Duh?

Did I not just write in my OP that I use vinegar and baking soda once a week? Why the hostile reaction(s)? Seriously? Piss off. Of course I used shampoo/conditioner before but decided to go more natural.

Oh, thats so interesting! do you only wash your hair once a week too? :hmm: How does hair feel like?? Where did you heard from??

I know the feeling about shampoo or conditioner sometimes causes my hair so greasy. I keep searching for varies of shampoo and conditioners still to the day. ha

Thank you for the respectful response.

My friend told me about it. I always used regular shampoo/conditioner but whe she told me she gave it up for baking soda and vinegar once a week, I thought I would try it. If I don't wash my hair it gets very greasy so I was nervious about this.

When I first stopped using shampoo/conditioner I had a couple REALLY greasy days. Then my hair levelled out, and I continue to use baking soda/vinegar once a week. It's great. No tangles, no dirt, no grease =)

Um, do you know how to read?

Sorry, I will take my sarcastic humor elsewhere.
In case you didn't know.. I wasn't being serious, neither are the rest of us if you can tell the humor. I don't think some knew that No 'poo was slang.

umm well i didnt mean using poo to wash hair! :P

i use pantene classic clean shampoo not poo! lol

hmmmmm i had a thought if someone used poo to wash their hair they really would be a $**thead!!

BTW, I bet half the chemicals in shampoo/conditioner are worse than ACTUALLY putting shit in your hair.

It's okay man, no offense taken at all.
Gregory House and the Heath Leder joker are my lead role models, I would be lying thru my teeth if I said I didn't try to imitate them from time to time, and I strive to work my own way of their brilliance. Hopefully some of the rest of the stuff on around the forum will get you back on track.

I've heard and can supplement to what you say, shampoo and soap contain stuff that may damage your hair over prolonged use, varying from person to person. But H2O is too basic of a solution to rid of the excess natural oils, so you need like a medium middleman compound. Basically anything that is acidic in chemistry, will "offset" natural oils so that it becomes more of a heterogeneous solution - you'll see the fat/oils "on top" of acid solutions, like Italian salad dressing. So generally, something of an acid base would be more likely to be accepted as a solution. However, not TOO acidic to the point it damages your scalp or hair follicle.

I would wonder, how stuff like White Zinfandel would fare as a hair wash?

Oh yeah, that's why I only use baking soda once a week. If you used baking soda everyday I am pretty sure your hair would fall out or something, lol.

I've never heard of that, but.....

theoretically I can see how the carbonic acid (what you would get as part of reaction for Acetic acid (vinegar) and Bicarbonate (baking soda) would serve as a conditioner. Definately if you started using this more than once a week it could start irritating scalp, not to mention those eyes and tissues surrounding.

baking soda and cider never heard that story in my life!

sometimes i got out shampoo&conditioner plus but i went store get mores same bottle and get another brand what i like chose

Oh 1 more thing....Hey Shawn, does your hair foam madly when you put those 2 together? haha

Oh 1 more thing....Hey Shawn, does your hair foam madly when you put those 2 together? haha

lol i thought about that too and remembered that volcano i made for science class in 7th grade!

Ncff07
There is a bird that eats coffee beans not a bat. There is something in there digestion system that changes the flavor of the bean. The bean dose not break down and comes out whole. It is collected cleaned, roosted, ground, and then drank.

To what we use would be Mane N Tail shampoo and conditioner. It works great on long thick hair that we all have in our house. The tangles comb out quick as long as the hair is still damp.

i would have sworn i saw somewhere it was a bat. its still disgusting!

Okay I have a couple questions..

1. How much of each do you use? Is it a clumpy mixture, or smooth because you use more vinegar than baking soda?

2. Is it hard to wash out?

3. Does your hair smell bad? Im curious. I like to straighten my hair and I can just imagine the smell that would come from my hair when being heated after washing it with such a mixture.

I have long hair, with a small wavy texture. Sometimes I wish I could use something else on it, rather than shampoo for a more simple way. Also, it would cost a whole lot less and maybe be more healthy. Once a week is very inticing.

4. Do you leave it in for a while, or just lather and rinse away?

5. Yes, is it REALLY foamy?

Thanks for your time and responses.

Back