No Poo

SFShawn13

Reaction score
Anyone here not use shampoo or conditioner to wash their hair?

I wash mine with baking soda and apple cider vinegar once a week, it works great. Before when I used regular shampoo I'd have to wash everyday cause my hair gets greasy easily. But not anymoooooore =)

34nf68w.jpg

Homer does not approve of this topic title.

Misleading! False advertisement! What a sham! What if jillio came in here prepared to give you a medical statement of procedures and followup advice?? What about me going to say you were constipated and you should probably use chopsticks to get your poop down the toilet when it comes!? You joker you!

sike, yes.

Have never not used shampoo, but I've heard if you really want to get down to the basics there's some herb craps out there you can just rub leaves on your hair and stuff. Farthest I've ever gone is to use soap one day cause there was no more "poo", needless to say that was a reaaaly bad experience and I learned my lesson a few hours later.

what happened? what's wrong with using soap? I've used soap before and it was fine except it made my hair feel more coarse.

Perhaps, it's the kind of shampoo you're using?

They do have different shampoos for different kinds of hair. Have you tried experimenting with different types?

Ask around from your friends for samples. :)

34nf68w.jpg

Homer does not approve of this topic title.

Misleading! False advertisement! What a sham! What if jillio came in here prepared to give you a medical statement of procedures and followup advice?? What about me going to say you were constipated and you should probably use chopsticks to get your poop down the toilet when it comes!?

oh POO hoo! cry me a river build me a bridge and get the POO over it!!!

LOL I slay me!
:rofl2:

I don't have any problem with shampoo, just use daily and I do have oily hair in after 24 hours.

I haven't heard about use baking powder and apple cider vinegar for hair but really interesting.

Anyone here not use shampoo or conditioner to wash their hair?

I wash mine with baking soda and apple cider vinegar once a week, it works great. Before when I used regular shampoo I'd have to wash everyday cause my hair gets greasy easily. But not anymoooooore =)

Oh, thats so interesting! do you only wash your hair once a week too? :hmm: How does hair feel like?? Where did you heard from??

I know the feeling about shampoo or conditioner sometimes causes my hair so greasy. I keep searching for varies of shampoo and conditioners still to the day. ha

I am using Colgate Palmolive Pure and Clear dish soap on my hair.

It is hypoallergenic, very cheap and hair does not have oil build up so quickly.

Leave a bucket outside, wait for pouring rain (not anymore due to pollution) and then wash your hair with the water from the rain.

what happened? what's wrong with using soap? I've used soap before and it was fine except it made my hair feel more coarse.

For shorter hair it should be fine if you don't have a sensitive scalp. But for people with medium/longer build hair.. by medium I mean probably most hair is 3-4 inches or longer, it can irritate the scalp and natural oiling process on your head.

The difference between soap and shampoo.. you know what soap's made up of right? From tallow off cows, or palm oil mixture, or --as fight club showed-- human fat.
Basic chemistry will show that if you mix up this compound with another compound solution type from the earth metal section (IIA on the periodic chart) - AKA alkaline metal, it will become more like a salt.

Whatcha think happens when you mix salt on something and rub it against a solid? It acts like an active cleaner, where the salt base in the solution acts like the scrubber. This is the basic process of soap.

That's what soap does, the whole process is this tiny example blown up and with more random chemicals added like that scent stuff, color, etc.

Shampoo has similar chemicals added into the solution, but there's one difference in it - the chems added into it that changes the purpose of the overall solution. Rather than just cleanse off the oil, there's some mixtures inside of a shampoo:
- Acids
- Preservatives
- Conditioner - chemical stuff like allantoin, what it does is cover the hair and act like a coating so it is easier to move around and do what you want.. kind of like "adult gel" ya know what i'm saying? lol
There's probably some more but I don't remember what they are.

If you take a general chem course above introductory level, you'll get into these and see whats it all about.

Here's a link I just found that might help you understand more in depth of the process
What is the difference between soap and shampoo?

Leave a bucket outside, wait for pouring rain (not anymore due to pollution) and then wash your hair with the water from the rain.

Yep! thats hillbilly way of doing it, lol!
Im sure they still doing it nowadays..

Jillio abstains. It's your hair. Wash it with anything you danged well want to.:giggle:

umm well i didnt mean using poo to wash hair! :P

i use pantene classic clean shampoo not poo! lol

hmmmmm i had a thought if someone used poo to wash their hair they really would be a $**thead!!

umm well i didnt mean using poo to wash hair! :P

i use pantene classic clean shampoo not poo! lol

hmmmmm i had a thought if someone used poo to wash their hair they really would be a $**thead!!

:laugh2:

LOL, seriously the thought cross of someone using poo in their hair.. that's RIDICULOUS.

But hey I bet someone's done it before.. Anyone want to volunteer? ITS HEALTHY!

LOL, seriously the thought cross of someone using poo in their hair.. that's RIDICULOUS.

But hey I bet someone's done it before.. Anyone want to volunteer? ITS HEALTHY!

and its all natural and all organic! no preservatives or additives whatsoever!

kinda reminds me of that expensive coffee thats made with bat poo. EWWWWWW!:barf:

kinda reminds me of that expensive coffee thats made with bat poo. EWWWWWW!:barf:

Seriously!?!? What the hell uses bat guano for coffee??

They must be watching too much Batman.. that's it.. The die hard Bruce Wayne fans.

Edit.. Oh.. my.. g..

Close your eyes if you're sensitive.
Click this if you're adventurous.
http://i43.tinypic.com/qof5g6.jpg

Seriously!?!? What the hell uses bat guano for coffee??

They must be watching too much Batman.. that's it.. The die hard Bruce Wayne fans.

Edit.. Oh.. my.. g..

Close your eyes if you're sensitive.
Click this if you're adventurous.
http://i43.tinypic.com/qof5g6.jpg

google it. i read or seen it on tv some foreign country makes it. the bats eat coffee beans or something and then they take the bat poop and make coffee out of it. its suppose to be really high end and expensive too. i think its just gross.

google it. i read or seen it on tv some foreign country makes it. the bats eat coffee beans or something and then they take the bat poop and make coffee out of it. its suppose to be really high end and expensive too. i think its just gross.

ew

Back