New to the community.

Jacynthe

Reaction score
I just joined the community today and I thought the best way to start my experience here would be to introduce myself.

My name is Jacynthe and I live in Quebec, Canada. I am French-Canadian and have no hearing problem. I am a HUGE Sue Thomas F.B.Eye fan and that got me interested in learning more about the Deaf culture.

I actually wanted to look into learning ASL in my community, but the only thing i found remotely similar was for QSL which is Quebec Sign Language... and the session was already started when I found out about it, so I am hoping to sign up for their next session.

My hobbies lately seem to be updating our Sue Thomas FBEye fansite and writing fanfiction, on top of doing some web business from home. But on the day to day running, I am an administrative assistant/receptionnist. So I am usually pretty busy, at times a little too much maybe!

I think that covers the ground of a quick intro... I am really looking forward to learning more and making new friends here.

Hello Jacynthe, welcome to AllDeaf. :wave:

That's a nice site you got there. That's the second Sue Thomas FBEye site I'm aware of. :thumb:

If you want to know a little about my background, check out my profile link at http://www.alldeaf.com/member.php?u=1 If you have any questions concerning AllDeaf, feel free to drop me a PM or e-mail.

Just so you know, AllDeaf is a little quiet right now. That's because I'm moving my site to another datacenter and nameservers are propagating at the moment.

See ya around.

Jacynthe;

Welcome to AllDeaf, Hope you find what you are looking for here. :)

See ya around. :thumb:

Thank you all for the warm welcomes and Alex, no worry. I am always running around looking for more hours in a day, so I don't mind if it's slow. Only means I have more of a chance to catch up before it gets crazy again... :P

And I'm glad you enjoyed our site. That is one of the various things that just take so much of my time... but it's just so enjoyable. As a web designer yourself, I am sure you understand what I mean.

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf Jacynthe! One nice way to learn sign-language is to find a club or social event where Deaf people meet and I'm sure anyone of them would be willingly to show you the ropes and also be able to get a grasp of what a Deaf community is like...anyhow, hope your stay here will be a rewarding experience for you! :)

*bows down to you* I AM OBSESSED WITH SUE THOMAS F.B.EYE!!!! LOL!!! I'm right next to you in Ontario!!! ha ha!!! I'm HOH though!!!! Good luck and have fun here! I'M CHECKING OUT YOUR SITE DAMNITT!!!!! lol

Welcome to AD...hope you enjoy this forum...sadly, I haven't seen Sue FBEye yet -- I'm in Australia and it doesn't air here at this stage.

Roadrunner said:
Hello and welcome to Alldeaf Jacynthe! One nice way to learn sign-language is to find a club or social event where Deaf people meet and I'm sure anyone of them would be willingly to show you the ropes and also be able to get a grasp of what a Deaf community is like...anyhow, hope your stay here will be a rewarding experience for you! :)
Thank you for the idea Roadrunner. I'll definitely look into such events in or around Drummondville.

Welcome to AD! Hope you will enjoy your stay! I agree with Roadrunner about social or club events, you will pick up the ASL skill more faster in that way.

Back