Name Sign for Obama?

If each President get their name signs, then maybe we should use the one given by Gallaudet, NAD and the likes.

Whether or not I liked him, I still wouldn't use offensive signs for his name.

Neither would I. Heck, I wouldn't even do such a thing for Palin (and everyone here knows how much I can't stand Palin :giggle:).

Neither would I. Heck, I wouldn't even do such a thing for Palin (and everyone here knows how much I can't stand Palin :giggle:).
:lol: I have noticed that. I used to believe she was what we needed until I realised some of her issues were too much for this country.

I spell his name first reference, and then abbreviate it if his name is used repeatedly. I haven't seen anyone use a sign yet. Maybe you can check youtube.

You're mean, PowerON. :giggle:

Only the most mean, I could think of...

"O-B" on forehead as... "Obama is bastard!" :giggle:
Of course, only when he have done something terrible wrongful. Then we can use it. :D *thumb*

I haven't seen a sign name established for Obama yet. So far as of now, from the widespread deaf community, His name is fingerspelled. I am sure, pretty soon, he will be given a name sign just like every president has been given a name sign. It's only a matter of time.

I know what is Sarah's sign name is "S" like Alaska as parka. That what my ASL interpreters gave her a sign name. Also they gave McCain sign name is "M C" on senator sign.

We will wait and see what is Obama's sign coming soon. I think Authentic know.

I suppose he will. Most, if not all of the Presidents have visited Gallaudet.

I really want to know who is presidents visited Gallaudet. I have no idea. I know Bill Clinton have been visit to Gallaudet before. I don't know what is Bill Clinton's sign name anyway.

i've seen 2 name signs for Obama. the first seems more prevalent. it starts with an "O" and moves into a "B" signed like a flag. The other was 2 handed, the sign for "change" made with "o" and "b" handshapes. Possibly regional to Midwest, but i've had several VRS terps use them too.

i've seen 2 name signs for Obama. the first seems more prevalent. it starts with an "O" and moves into a "B" signed like a flag. The other was 2 handed, the sign for "change" made with "o" and "b" handshapes. Possibly regional to Midwest, but i've had several VRS terps use them too.

i'm going to make a note of that. thanks, deafdoc! :)

Must be a Texan sign. Is that right?

Nope!
Ok, ok!
I will tell you where that sign came from
to keep you from getting frustrated, lol!
It was from Utah!! can u believe that?
I think it is offensive, really and i dont like it.
I prefer just to fingerspell his name.

Back