My neighbor was robbed!

Wow, thankfully my apartment complex allows both dogs and cats, but we have to pay a pet deposit. I'm surprised this chick did not think to ask the manager if pet dogs were permitted before she moved in.

I guess yours is considered an assistant dog because now there is a law that anyone with a disability can consider their dog to be assistant dogs, I think, and I guess your manager automatically thought that with you. Vampyrox would know about this, I think. Before, only licensed/certified dogs were considered to be assistant animals, but now almost anyone can say that their pet is an assistant animal.

I had to get notes from my doctors in order for me to keep him. I wonder what will take to get him licensed/certified?

Lucia, I believe they do make tazer devices for civilians which are legal for self defence. Mace is also legal to keep for self defense. I don't know how much that stuff costs though. I like the baseball bat idea of yours too.

Lucia, I believe they do make tazer devices for civilians which are legal for self defence. Mace is also legal to keep for self defense. I don't know how much that stuff costs though. I like the baseball bat idea of yours too.

taser and mace are illegal in NY. They passed the law to classify it as same category as deadly weapons. NJ allows mace but not taser. I just checked for Texan laws regarding mace & taser where Lucia resides in. Taser and Mace are legal in Texas.

Taser Weapon - Laws and Restrictions
Pepper Spray Restriction (only 6 states banned/restrict it)

:shock: Sounds like the robber has a very sick mind. Could be someone you know who is very pissed off at you and wants to scare you off, from the sound of it....sounds like a threat.

I suspected my former roommate whom was my enemy at that time but she weighed 250 pounds...I couldnt imagine her being able to scale 2 stories and climbing over my baloncy with all that weight so I seriously doubt it was her. It could be intented for my roommate and they got the wrong bedroom? Who knows? Yep, I took it as a threat...thought I had a "hit" taken out on me for a while...very lovely to live with..NOT!

lucia.. damn u are lucky that u aren't robbed.. and yep u got the part right about having pets cuz it costs 150 dollars or something so I don't have pets at the moment and yes i live with boyfriend at moment.. it's interesting to experience to live with some1 than living with family blah... but no computer to access but right now I'm just visiting my mom so I can be on computer.. and super bowl eh... lol real hot right now blah steelers 20 and caranidals 23... sorry if I am off topic here.. :)

lucia.. damn u are lucky that u aren't robbed.. and yep u got the part right about having pets cuz it costs 150 dollars or something so I don't have pets at the moment and yes i live with boyfriend at moment.. it's interesting to experience to live with some1 than living with family blah... but no computer to access but right now I'm just visiting my mom so I can be on computer.. and super bowl eh... lol real hot right now blah steelers 20 and caranidals 23... sorry if I am off topic here.. :)

You don't have your own computer? Or you just can't afford internet service?

taser and mace are illegal in NY. They passed the law to classify it as same category as deadly weapons. NJ allows mace but not taser. I just checked for Texan laws regarding mace & taser where Lucia resides in. Taser and Mace are legal in Texas.

Taser Weapon - Laws and Restrictions
Pepper Spray Restriction (only 6 states banned/restrict it)

Oh okay. Well, if someone tries to rob me and I have a taser, I'll be sure to apply the taser to his testicles. :giggle: That should render him disabled long enough for me to tie him up and then call the cops on him, and long enough for the cops to get here.

Why is there not a smiley here on AD where the person is fainting/passing out? We need more smileys!

Oh okay. Well, if someone tries to rob me and I have a taser, I'll be sure to apply the taser to his testicles. :giggle: That should render him disabled long enough for me to tie him up and then call the cops on him, and long enough for the cops to get here.

Why is there not a smiley here on AD where the person is fainting/passing out? We need more smileys!

haha! here's a thing though - taser does not render a person long enough for you to tie him up. More like - 3-5 seconds. Taser is not designed to render the person unconscious. If it does - it would be illegal for any civilians to own. It simply makes your body muscle "stiff".. which is why the person falls to the ground like a statue. That is enough time for you to run away and get help.

You must never ever attempt to "detain" him in any way. If the person is very HIGH on hardcore drug... the taser would be basically nearly useless but it'll require at least 2 tasers on him.

Understand that taser is a very close-proximity combat tool.. meaning - if you have to user taser, it's because the robber is within couple feet away from you or he's on you and that's not what you want. There is a gun-version taser but it's about $400-$1000+. A typical taser (aka stun gun) is about $40+ (depending on design)

sw400_vi.jpg

zapdt_vi.jpg

So I don't know if you really want to be up close and personal to thug... that would be scary!

Gun-Version Stun Gun (about at least $400 or more)
cm18.jpg

wow! I just read that police CANNOT use taser in NJ. wow! but NY police is allowed to.

haha! here's a thing though - taser does not render a person long enough for you to tie him up. More like - 3-5 seconds. Taser is not designed to render the person unconscious. If it does - it would be illegal for any civilians to own. It simply makes your body muscle "stiff".. which is why the person falls to the ground like a statue. That is enough time for you to run away and get help.

You must never ever attempt to "detain" him in any way. If the person is very HIGH on hardcore drug... the taser would be basically nearly useless but it'll require at least 2 tasers on him.

Understand that taser is a very close-proximity combat tool.. meaning - if you have to user taser, it's because the robber is within couple feet away from you or he's on you and that's not what you want. There is a gun-version taser but it's about $400-$1000+. A typical taser (aka stun gun) is about $40+ (depending on design)

sw400_vi.jpg

zapdt_vi.jpg

So I don't know if you really want to be up close and personal to thug... that would be scary!

Gun-Version Stun Gun (about at least $400 or more)
cm18.jpg

I guess you are right. I truly know nothing about tasers, I only know how they look like and how they get ejected from the taser gun from the TV shows such as COPS and JAIL and Street Patrol. So thanks for educating me.

I guess you are right. I truly know nothing about tasers, I only know how they look like and how they get ejected from the taser gun from the TV shows such as COPS and JAIL and Street Patrol. So thanks for educating me.

The best you can afford is MACE spray. or maybe the taser (not the gun-like thing). why not a baseball bat??

463434b.jpg

**pix of baseball bat

my nephew is in law enforcement and they use the gun type tasers here and mace called "Fox 40 Serious Business Law Enforcement formula" he got me a can of it i just looked to make sure of the name. if you get mace or pepper spray get the dyed foam, with that you can tell better where you hit when its sprayed and it sticks better to the target. as far as tasers there is a personal use taser that is being made now and is a hand held thing in different colors with a maximum reach of 15 feet which has a laser site and a led flashlight, a replaceable cartridge and i think can fire up to 50 times on the lithium battery it has. pic below:
features%20converted%20for%20web.jpg

website for more info or to order:
TASER C2

that C2 taser is expensive. it's about $300. MACE and Pepper Spray are completely different. MACE is the one with invisible dye. Pepper Spray is ineffective because it needs to be in contact with membrane (inside your nose, eyes). MACE (triple action) is the actual name (brand) of the improved model - it consists of pepper spray + OC + Tear Gas + invisible dye. MACE is more effective than Pepper Spray because it will cause skin irritant upon skin contact + etc.

reading the can ive got in front of me..... "5% Oleoresin Capsicum Foam and Ultra Violet Dye" and has a warning on it.. kinda funny since its suppose to be, it says "WARNING-SEVERE IRRITANT"

reading the can ive got in front of me..... "5% Oleoresin Capsicum Foam and Ultra Violet Dye" and has a warning on it.. kinda funny since its suppose to be, it says "WARNING-SEVERE IRRITANT"

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: how ironic!! it's like slapping a warning on missile - "WARNING!! SEVERE EXPLOSION!"

How about putting butter knives in the door? They seem to help some.

ncff07, I don't believe these dealers would sell stuff that police use to just anyone unless they have proof they are police officers.

ncff07, I don't believe these dealers would sell stuff that police use to just anyone unless they have proof they are police officers.

that's why there are 2 versions - police/government version and civilian version.

they dont. i mentioned before my nephew got me a can of it. that taser c2 is for sale to the public as long as youve got that much cash to pony up for it.

The best you can afford is MACE spray. or maybe the taser (not the gun-like thing). why not a baseball bat??

463434b.jpg

**pix of baseball bat

Yep, gonna get a baseball bat (either wooden or metal) from the thrift store, add thumbtacks to it, and if someone tries to get in and doesn't stop and leave when they see me holding the bat (threatening them with it), they are going to end up with a bloody face, broken nose, and plenty of stitches.

Back