My neighbor was robbed!

You may want to go to Wally World or Academy and pick up an air horn. Mine was about $5. It's a small cylinder of compressed air with a horn on top. It wouldn't work against a thug with a gun or knife, but it's loud enough to get several neighbors' attention. I wouldn't want one going off 1-2' from my ear.

oh yea! that's good idea! an air-horn...

Know what you should do?

Fight like Jennifer Lopez in "Enough." :D

039_enough_doublesided.jpg

We aren't allowed to have guns on the premises/in our apartments, so if I put that sign up, I will get evicted. I also despise guns. I'm even afraid to touch one, for some reason. I'll just get a baseball bat instead. I can do a LOT of physical damage with that. Especially if I add thumbtacks to the ends of it. I used to keep a baseball bat in the bed with me when I lived in the ghetto back in Milwaukee (North 26th and Wells).

If someone uses a baseball bat to attack me, they are in for a sorry surprise. Never assume you can defend yourself with a baseball bat; my wife learned that the hard way when she was in basic.

In Texas, it is legal to defend your home, no matter what you live in or where you live. An apartment manager can tell you, "no guns allowed", but they can't take any action against you for having a gun in your apartment. If they did, you can sue as I have done here in Louisiana.

Of course, if you choose not to have a gun, then that's your choice. I wouldn't advertise that, though.

If someone uses a baseball bat to attack me, they are in for a sorry surprise. Never assume you can defend yourself with a baseball bat; my wife learned that the hard way when she was in basic.

In Texas, it is legal to defend your home, no matter what you live in or where you live. An apartment manager can tell you, "no guns allowed", but they can't take any action against you for having a gun in your apartment. If they did, you can sue as I have done here in Louisiana.

Of course, if you choose not to have a gun, then that's your choice. I wouldn't advertise that, though.

I salute to you, David. AMERICA! Exercise your Amendment 2! :cool2:

140fdcw.jpg

this is what I'd like on my window as security warning

2ndAmendment_large.jpg

You may want to go to Wally World or Academy and pick up an air horn. Mine was about $5. It's a small cylinder of compressed air with a horn on top. It wouldn't work against a thug with a gun or knife, but it's loud enough to get several neighbors' attention. I wouldn't want one going off 1-2' from my ear.

Thanks for the suggestion.

They can still evict me, and I don't have money for a lawyer to sue them.

What's interesting is that sometimes a robber CAN sue someone when the robber gets attacked by that defender and depending on the court, the robber can win the case somehow.

Yep, it is stupid but it is possible.

They can still evict me, and I don't have money for a lawyer to sue them.

simple - just don't tell anybody that you have a gun. sssshhhhh. Yes you can be evicted but it takes a long time to do it. If the landlord puts in eviction paperwork, you probably have about 3-5 months till you're officially evicted. Just FYI.

What's interesting is that sometimes a robber CAN sue someone when the robber gets attacked by that defender and depending on the court, the robber can win the case somehow.

Yep, it is stupid but it is possible.

yes only in liberal/non-gun friendly states. If it was proven that home owner used unnecessary excessive force, yes robber can win. For ie - the robber was unarmed. States like Texas, Florida, and some red states - it doesn't matter anyway because he intended to commit the crime on your property and you are legally allowed to use ANY means of force to defend yourself. I call it "tough luck, asshole" law. :cool2:

dang it I need to move to red state

Back