Mosque Near Ground Zero May Not Get Built After All

For war in Iraq and the Mideast, passage of the Patriot Act, etcetera.
:confused: Those things happened after 9/11.

The same Triune God worshiped by Christians?

Why would it have to be? Even various Christian sects have different ideas of the concept of a Christian God.

This is starting to look like another case of "My God is the only God, and everyone else is worshipping the wrong God."

The same one everyone has. The God of their understanding.
Not really. Some people don't believe in any god at all. When "God" is used as a proper noun, then that's a specific name, as opposed to generic "gods." That's why I asked. Specific gods have specific names.

The same Triune God worshiped by Christians?

The same God since all Christianity, Judaism and Islam are all Abrahamic religions. The God is monotheistic in all religions, however in the church of Christianity, God is formed by a trinity. Hence, the name "Almighty God" is born.

In Christianity, three persons form a God. all religions are still monotheistic since they are all one God. You don't believe in three Gods, right?

Not really. Some people don't believe in any god at all. When "God" is used as a proper noun, then that's a specific name, as opposed to generic "gods." That's why I asked. Specific gods have specific names.

And specific is different to different people and sects. It still refers to their concept of a monotheistic God.

Why would it have to be? Even various Christian sects have different ideas of the concept of a Christian God.

This is starting to look like another case of "My God is the only God, and everyone else is worshipping the wrong God."
No, I'm not saying "right" or "wrong." I'm just asking for a specific answer. "God" is too general to be clear.

No, I'm not saying "right" or "wrong." I'm just asking for a specific answer. "God" is too general to be clear.

The monotheistic God of the individual's understanding, which may or may not be congruent with the God of your understanding.

The same God since all Christianity, Judaism and Islam are all Abrahamic religions. The God is monotheistic in all religions, however in the church of Christianity, God is formed by a trinity. Hence, the name "Almighty God" is born.

In Christianity, three persons form a God. all religions are still monotheistic since they are all one God. You don't believe in three Gods, right?
No, I don't believe in three gods.

The Triune God of Christians is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

When you stated, "They were brainwashed into believing they were serving their God," who brainwashed them?

Did they believe that they were serving God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit?

The monotheistic God of the individual's understanding, which may or may not be congruent with the God of your understanding.
The individuals in question, the 9/11 hijackers, what was their understanding of "God?"

When you stated, "They were brainwashed into believing they were serving their God," who brainwashed them?

Did they believe that they were serving God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit?

Well, I wouldn't say they were serving The Father, Son and Holy Spirit since that's not what they believe in the religion of Islam.

Now, do I really need to say who brainwashed them? The religious fanatics who abused the principles of their religion.

Sigh. Am I the only one to be exasperated that 9/11 is blamed on Muslims????

Back