Miss Universe..naturally slender or seriously starving?

Healthy or not, she's just too skinny for a "wholesome" look.

Hmm... it's hard to tell.

Her ribcage and jawbone are barely showing.

I've seen naturally thin women that look like this.

I've seen anorexics that are thin like her, but their ribcages and jawbones are very obvious as if they're about to burst through their skins.

I've seen anorexics that are thin like her, but their ribcages and jawbones are very obvious as if they're about to burst through their skins.

hard to tell? isn't she looking too obvious too thin like a skelton bones to you? just wonder.

You'd be surprised what an Ana will force themselves to do for the sake of beauty Shit, even I've been there (still am actually), when I was 19 Id drink nothing but cokes, smoke cigarettes, and take appetite suppressants, and run 6-10 miles a day. I was 5'4" and weighed 105 pounds. Not malnourished but just 5 pounds away from it.

She probably didn't feel good throughout the pageant, but she forced herself up there to do it anyway.

I'm still obsessed with my weight. Some people are able to move beyond it, some people are not. Im not bone thin like Miss Australia, but I see myself as twice what I really weigh.

I still have panic attacks at the thought of eating, some days, just the thought of eating alone will make me feel sick. There are some days I will work out compulsively. And there are times I will just kind of go into myself and not eat for 3-4 days or until I my blood sugar swings so low from a lack of nutrition that I pass out.

I understand that I'm walking a very thin line - but its hard to break old habits, especially ones you've lived with for years.

Im not advocating Ana, I'm just saying what my experiences are and its not 'fun'. You don't want to be sitting at work on break and obsessing over the food on the table, and you turn away food because your afraid of it, but yet you want to eat because your hungry. You don't let anyone know because it only causes people to nag you, which only drives you further away.

See the bones on her hips....that's too thin.

Ick, not attractive at all. And somebody needs to pull her out of modeling and stick her in a psychiatric hospital with an ED unit. That girl definitely has an eating disorder (also referred to as ED). I just do not find thin girls like that girl attractive at all. I find full-figured women and even those with love handles much more attractive.

I remember one girl at WSD had an ED...last time I heard social services were sent to her apartment to do a welfare check on her and all they found was ONE can of diet Pepsi in the fridge and nothing else. They placed her in a group home and I have not heard from her ever since.

It's even more sad to see them exploited in "beauty pagents". Whatever happened to voluptuous, curvy bodies being beautiful??

Yeah, I always liked the full figured women with the voluptrous, curvy bodies that you see in old paintings from Italy and Spain and other countries from the 1700s and 1800s. I thought they were very beautiful.

Like this - I am only providing the links to this these because they are NSFW - The Clark - Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Art

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/Fiesta_campestre.jpg

And the times has changed and women have gotten too skinny today.

None, looks like she was placed in an extreme workout and nutrition program. Remember, alot of work goes into making women look perfect, they will not disclose what programs were given to them. These extreme makeovers are meant to add a goddess or diva effect to the average world. She is healthy, but must be supervised to look extremely slender without ill effects. Think about it, if she were truly anorexic, she would look ill and not have the energy to perform in the pageant.

SHE DOES LOOK ILL!!!

She looks like she will drop dead any minute now!

You'd be surprised what an Ana will force themselves to do for the sake of beauty Shit, even I've been there (still am actually), when I was 19 Id drink nothing but cokes, smoke cigarettes, and take appetite suppressants, and run 6-10 miles a day. I was 5'4" and weighed 105 pounds. Not malnourished but just 5 pounds away from it.

She probably didn't feel good throughout the pageant, but she forced herself up there to do it anyway.

I'm still obsessed with my weight. Some people are able to move beyond it, some people are not. Im not bone thin like Miss Australia, but I see myself as twice what I really weigh.

I still have panic attacks at the thought of eating, some days, just the thought of eating alone will make me feel sick. There are some days I will work out compulsively. And there are times I will just kind of go into myself and not eat for 3-4 days or until I my blood sugar swings so low from a lack of nutrition that I pass out.

I understand that I'm walking a very thin line - but its hard to break old habits, especially ones you've lived with for years.

Im not advocating Ana, I'm just saying what my experiences are and its not 'fun'. You don't want to be sitting at work on break and obsessing over the food on the table, and you turn away food because your afraid of it, but yet you want to eat because your hungry. You don't let anyone know because it only causes people to nag you, which only drives you further away.

:gpost:

I also have battled an ED for most of my life and it's not always easy. I've always leaned towards being clinically overweight, so that has been doubly difficult for me. The things one does in the name of thinness is insane. I've been in recovery for 10 yrs now, but have actually sustained recovery for about 2.5 yrs. It's a constant battle and I may never be over it.

Last edited:
Forgot to say...yep, she looks like she is starving herself.

If they ask her how often she eats, they should also ask her how often she poops.

I didn't even know what's a normal frequency for pooping. Just one of those things no one talks about! I used to poop twice a week in college until somehow I found out that it wasn't normal. I started asking everyone how often they pooped.

(Btw, now I'm exercising regularly, I def poop once a day at least!)

yea that was funny. how can she be right? It's jilllo's words. ha

"QTF" is quite common on forums especially been used in controversial topics, so some of us had seen those phrases around on the forums.

Yeah, I always liked the full figured women with the voluptrous, curvy bodies that you see in old paintings from Italy and Spain and other countries from the 1700s and 1800s. I thought they were very beautiful.

I believe that body type was called "Reubenesque".

Thats way too thin!!!
I am 5'9 and weigh around 60kgs (dunno what that is in LBS) I am natrually thin some of my bones (hips, elbows, wrist, knees) do stick out but not too obviously!! But i am borderline. I didn't choose to be this thin, I eat alot i mean ALOT and grazes all day long! Cakes, Biscuits, chocolates, alot of fruit and vegs, meat. I love eating!!! I cannot put a pound on! Doc had taken bloods last year when i dropped weight to 50kgs, nothing wrong at all with my system just lucky, he gave me high calorie milkshake last year to gain weight, it did but stopped at around 60kgs.

Thats way too thin!!!
I am 5'9 and weigh around 60kgs (dunno what that is in LBS) I am natrually thin some of my bones (hips, elbows, wrist, knees) do stick out but not too obviously!! But i am borderline. I didn't choose to be this thin, I eat alot i mean ALOT and grazes all day long! Cakes, Biscuits, chocolates, alot of fruit and vegs, meat. I love eating!!! I cannot put a pound on! Doc had taken bloods last year when i dropped weight to 50kgs, nothing wrong at all with my system just lucky, he gave me high calorie milkshake last year to gain weight, it did but stopped at around 60kgs.

You just made a number of girls say "I hate you." :twisted:

:) Just kidding! You are lucky though!

Would never starve myself to death to win a beauty contest or for what ever reason anyway. That's not healthy!!!! Those girls are just :crazy:

Back