Marijuana VS Alcohol debates

On march 13,1986 My husband, myself and our children came to West Virginia.Do you want to know why? Well my husband lost his job in Baltimore because he got caught smoking pot,we was homeless and lost everything and went on welfare.

My point! Thanks for sharing that Pepsi!

I understand what you are saying. You are talking about the social construction of the drug laws that create harm. If, for instance, a person was caught having a drink, there would be no consequences such as loosing a job. But being caught smoking weed results in more consequence that the act deserves.

Exactly.. It's not fair to fire people for using the marijuana while they allow heavy alcoholism to continue working.

For me, I rather to consume alcohol over marijuana because of not want destroy my cells in brain, however just drink alcohol so lightly to moderately (depends on UAC) then it should be ok for adults.

I support on marijuana for medical only, also should be approved by doctor.

Well I prefer the marijuana because it didn't make me vomit, grumpy, foamy in the stomach, etc. Many people have different preferrance.

See above post, you have not learned about the long term effects of substance abuse. Again, I was talking about marijuana, so I am not concerned nor care about meth abuse.

Sorry for debating unnecessary about the meth, but I do use marijuana on and off, including the alcohol, also are smoker since I was 14 years old.

Exactly.. It's not fair to fire people for using the marijuana while they allow heavy alcoholism to continue working.
I hope you're kidding about what's not fair in firing someone because one smoke marijuana on a job. Nobody is allow to drink alcohol on a job or use drugs. If a boss see a drunk coming to work, that person will be send home. It's dangerous to work while being under the influence of alcohol

I hope you're kidding about what's not fair in firing someone because one smoke marijuana on a job. Nobody is allow to drink alcohol on a job or use drugs. If a boss see a drunk coming to work, that person will be send home. It's dangerous to work while being under the influence of alcohol

Maybe I misunderstand Pepsi's story, did her husband smoke the marijuana during the work?

Maybe I misunderstand Pepsi's story, did her husband smoke the marijuana during the work?
Why would he be fired if he did not? She said he was caught smoking marijuana it sounds like he did smoked on the job. I've said that more than 3 times.

Even if people are not smoking pot on the job, it is illegal and they can get fired from their jobs regardless. My husband would get fired if anyone smoked pot in our house even if he is not the one smoking it.

Even if people are not smoking pot on the job, it is illegal and they can get fired from their jobs regardless. My husband would get fired if anyone smoked pot in our house even if he is not the one smoking it.
:confused: That doesn't sound right, a home is a private home. I've never ever heard anyone would get fired based on what they do outside of work. Employers do not "own" their employees. What they do in their personal life is their business not the employer's business.

:confused: That doesn't sound right, a home is a private home. I've never ever heard anyone would get fired based on what they do outside of work. Employers do not "own" their employees. What they do in their personal life is their business not the employer's business.

Cuz it is breaking the law..I will have to ask him for more clarification. We used to have roommates and we suspected that they smoked weed and I told my hubby that it is their problem if they get caught and he said no, it is not just their problem but ours too, cuz we lived at that house (we rented a townhouse with another couple) and we are just as liable. That was when I learned of this policy at his work.

I think it's because of the smell. or just by breathing it via second-hand smoking... your piss drug test will show positive. I think???

If the substance that a worker uses at home is still in the body and influencing reactions and behavior, then that becomes the business of the employer.

For example, suppose a bus driver gets high or buzzed at home an hour before he drives a school class on their field trip. He used the substance at home but it still effects his driving ability on the job.

Do you want your surgeon, dentist, or pilot hittin' the bottle or tokin' a joint or poppin' a pill right before going to work?

Why would he be fired if he did not? She said he was caught smoking marijuana it sounds like he did smoked on the job. I've said that more than 3 times.

No, Pepsi only say that he was caught, that's it, not where.

why are you asking that .. you already know he got caught.. :lol:

I don't know where he was caught, at work or at home, or friend's place, or any public area, where?

Exactly, that's my point.

Pepsi,

Sorry for everything that making my commentary to your post messed up, but I am going to clear my commentary up to your husband's situation:

Fuck to those who screwed your family and youself's life based on the policies. I do felt sorry for your husband and your family's loss.

If the substance that a worker uses at home is still in the body and influencing reactions and behavior, then that becomes the business of the employer.

For example, suppose a bus driver gets high or buzzed at home an hour before he drives a school class on their field trip. He used the substance at home but it still effects his driving ability on the job.

Do you want your surgeon, dentist, or pilot hittin' the bottle or tokin' a joint or poppin' a pill right before going to work?

I was going to add that it makes sense cuz I can lose my job too if I was a pot user.

About the other people smoking pot in my home causing my husband losing his job is another issue that I am not sure why his job has that policy. Maybe cuz he works for the govt?

No of course not, now I get it, it all makes sense. ;)

No of course not, now I get it, it all makes sense. ;)

One question though and this is adressed to Reba as well...what's the difference between someone drinking a few bottles of beer on a weekend and someone smoking a joint on the same day knowing they wont go to work for another 2 days?

Reba, I undy while being intoxicated on the job is a big NO NO but my husband can lose his job if he smokes pot even if he is not going to work for a few days but wont lose his job if he drinks beer so I guess it is the fact that pot is illegal while alcohol is not.

Also, what about the fact that my husband can lose his job if other people smoke pot in our house? That I dont understand at all. I think it can apply to me as well because I am a teacher and all. I will have to check with my boss about that but I dont want her to wonder why I am asking her. LOL!

Hope I am making sense?

Back