Marijuana VS Alcohol debates

Yea, I have watched different reality/documentations about people who are addicted to those kinds of drugs. Many of them desperately want to quit but their bodies makes it so difficult for them. That's why I admire my cousin who used to be addicted to meth and herion managed to be sober since 1998. I am sure the addiction is still making life difficult for her and she will have to continue to fight it for the rest of her life.

Meth? Do you mean methadone?

Yes, that´s true.

JW people, I was befriend with at long time ago. They (married couple with a child) addicted on herion... and don´t care anything until JW knocked their door... it change their life... They fought against drug addiction with help from JW people... even no medication help... :eek3: It took them years to get it over... and happy with it. They told me that their body shaked sometimes for drugs... they ignored it... now they have been married for over 30 years now. I would say that they are one of rare people who can beat drug addiction. One ADer did the same thing as well and beat it... (I pasted ADer´s PM to my thread over my sister and drugs where I provided links to with no name mentioned because she want stay nameless). It does the same with alcohol as well... when they addict on drugs or alcohol... also tabacoo as well...

I am glad to know that your cousin is a strong and fight against addiction. Do something to get mind off... like positive things.... then it will helps.

Liebling..I wanted to say how sorry I am about your sister. I cant imagine the pain u must have felt. :hug:

:ty: :hug: back

Yes, it´s horrible to watch her like this... It make me think negative about drugs but I am trying to open my mind to see the sense because I do not abuse alcohol when I want to drink like what my mother did... look at some people who know how to limit when they want to smoke weeds... We learn from drug cousnellor.

I cant imagine how hard it must be for her. I have never been addicted to any kind of drugs so I dont know what it is like. *shudders*

Yes, me too...

I withnessed that my mother addict on alcohol and my sister to drugs... and never know what negative addiction like... some people addict on medical, too...

Well my brother don't always talk about the alcohol all the times like those people you know, he just come home from working, sit on the couch and watch TV, also have a beer. This is a relaxing because he was tired from working alot, and he was looking for anything that make him relax and have good time. Nothing wrong about it as long as he is under control of himself.

Do you want me to say something what I view your post here?

Unfortunately, until he decides that he has a problem and wants to do something about it, there isn't much that family and friends can do to help him.

*nodding* we have been through that´s time my sister was alive. It´s very, very, very, hard.

I learn a lot thru those situation, and also my family as well. Important is if you really seek a help then do something in strong willing... is go Expert´s help... is secure hospitital for addcition... We support anything what we can if you want our help.

lets unban everything, including heroin, we'd save some money and we'd also see population reduction. We would have more spaces for those who didnt decided to kill themselves......

Last edited:
Unfortunately, until he decides that he has a problem and wants to do something about it, there isn't much that family and friends can do to help him.

Yes, that is true.But he thinks that he don't have a problem and he don't care.

Pepsi, I don't know how you would be able to get thru to your hubby. I never thought I had a problem until i got away from it awhile and saw how much money I saved. I don't drink, can't because I have GERD. I like a buzz. But I don't do that stuff. I prefer to be happy on my own because that's a guarantee and cost's zip.

2 things on pot - - one can smoke it long term, short term, and have no physical w/drawal when stop. I think the punishment for use is way too extreme - - going to jail for it??? C'mon. It should be treated as a disease and treated like AA is treated.

Pepsi, I think about you. I know it's hard for you. I wish I knew what you could do. If hubby would only stop awhile to see how good it is for his health/wallet to stop. Smoking one joint is equal to smoking a whole pack of ciggy. If he says it is nothing to smoke, then take him up on that and say, 'let's see you stop since it's nothing'

There's alot of folks in this thread that have the opinion that pot is good. And there really isn't much one can do to deter that. I personally think that when a person takes mood altering drugs, they open the gateway for evil to enter into their lives UN-NOTICED. Talk blue in the face, call me a holy roller, but face it - - God says you do good by controlling yourself and urges. But not to worry about God never loving you cuz he does ALWAYS.

God made grass, Man made booze, Who do you trust?..

Your opinions are all welcome... :rockon:
man didn't make booze. fermentation is a natural process that man has simply improved upon, much like tobacco and marijuana grow wild but have been domesticated.

Yes, that is true.But he thinks that he don't have a problem and he don't care.

He is in denial, and he hasn't experienced enough pain from his addiciton to see that it is a problem. Addicts have to hit a bottom in their addiction, and quite often that means loosing everything dear to them...job, home, family, etc. Its very sad.

Do you want me to say something what I view your post here?

Yes sure, but let you know, I will have my computer shut down and disconnected by 5:00 so it's your chance now. If failed, then just PM me so in case when I come back, I know you replied to my post.

lets unban everything, including heroin, we'd save some money and we'd also see population reduction. We would have more spaces for those who didnt decided to kill themselves......

We have an Alexander Graham Bell in our midst.

He is in denial, and he hasn't experienced enough pain from his addiciton to see that it is a problem. Addicts have to hit a bottom in their addiction, and quite often that means loosing everything dear to them...job, home, family, etc. Its very sad.

jillio,he already had hit rock bottom and it does no good.I don't know what it would take.

jillio,he already had hit rock bottom and it does no good.I don't know what it would take.

Well, he has hit rock bottom according to your definition. But obviously, he has not hit rock bottom according to his definition. Everyone has a different bottom. For some, loosing a job would be their bottom, and they would see the problem and seek help. For others, they don't hit bottom until they have lost everything and are on the street with no home, no famliy, and no friends. Addicition is strong. I don't mean this to sound insulting, but by staying with him for 25 years, and putting up with his behavior, you have actually helped to prevent him from hitting bottom. To help an addict realize how serious their problem is, we often have to say to them, "I love you, but your behavior is having a negative effect on me and my life, so until you are willing to do something about it, I want nothing more to do with you. If you want to allow your addiction to ruin your life, that is your choice, but I will not allow it to ruin mine." Its called tough love.

And it is a sad fact that many,many addicts never recover.

Well, he has hit rock bottom according to your definition. But obviously, he has not hit rock bottom according to his definition. Everyone has a different bottom. For some, loosing a job would be their bottom, and they would see the problem and seek help. For others, they don't hit bottom until they have lost everything and are on the street with no home, no famliy, and no friends. Addicition is strong. I don't mean this to sound insulting, but by staying with him for 25 years, and putting up with his behavior, you have actually helped to prevent him from hitting bottom. To help an addict realize how serious their problem is, we often have to say to them, "I love you, but your behavior is having a negative effect on me and my life, so until you are willing to do something about it, I want nothing more to do with you. If you want to allow your addiction to ruin your life, that is your choice, but I will not allow it to ruin mine." Its called tough love.

And it is a sad fact that many,many addicts never recover.

I agree with you.

he already had hit rock bottom and it does no good.I don't know what it would take.

I'm sorry to hear that, that gonna suck for you. :hug: I do not hang around with people who smoke marijuana or any other drugs.

Back