Law Requires Ultrasound Before Abortion

:giggle: Don't worry. I'm glad that you explained a bit more. :)

My sister got pregnant using a diagram! And I had a friend that was told by her doctor that she was not able get pregnant for health reason.
You can imagine my friend surprise when she got pregnant ! She had 2 babies!

A diagram?:laugh2: Like insert Tab A into Slot B?

I think you meant diaphram. Sorry, I just found the diagram statement to ve very funny.:lol:

A diagram?:laugh2: Like insert Tab A into Slot B?

I think you meant diaphram. Sorry, I just found the diagram statement to ve very funny.:lol:

Diaphragm. With a "g."

And yeah, I smiled too at "getting pregnant through a diagram." Weren't those diagrams in all the old sex ed books? :lol:

Diaphragm. With a "g."

And yeah, I smiled too at "getting pregnant through a diagram." Weren't those diagrams in all the old sex ed books? :lol:

Thank you, spelling Nazi. In post 309, I also left a "y" off of "they". Just so you know.

Re: ultrasounds - yes, stages of pregnancy were determined by best guess in pre-ultrasound days, but sometimes they were wrong, and sometimes seriously wrong.

Back in the late 1940's, my mom was ill for some months, losing weight, horrible bleeding, other problems, and the doctor determined she had a fibroid "the size of a grapefruit" that needed to come out.

He opened her up, and oops! There was a baby. Plus a fibroid, but still, he had not expected to find that baby there. It was about 5 to 6 months' gestation.

He removed the fibroid, stitched Mom back up, the baby was born and died within hours the next day. An ultrasound might have really, really helped in that situation, so the doctor would have known what to expect.

Then years later, when she was 51 and newly remarried, she had that ol' familiar feeling again, went to the doctor, and he said she was pregnant. Test came back negative, but he didn't believe the test, swore up and down she was pregnant.

Turned out THAT time, it was only the fibroid, which resolved on its own when she shortly thereafter went through menopause.

An ultrasound would have been nice to have then, too.

I can't see any problem whatsoever with requiring an ultrasound, although obviously there's a problem with requiring the women to pay for it if they can't afford it. But the procedure and the method of payment seem like two entirely different issues to me.

Thank you, spelling Nazi. In post 309, I also left a "y" off of "they". Just so you know.

Hey, you were the first one to correct the spelling. I wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't.

You make tons of spelling mistakes that I never mention, believe it or not. Are you a bit dyslexic or something? (I'm serious, not being snarky here at all. Just wondering.)

If y ou see it as a dig, oh well. I see it as the truth.
Ah, so you are as uninformed as StSapphire about medieval notions of morality. At least he admitted it. :lol:

Hey, you were the first one to correct the spelling. I wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't.

You make tons of spelling mistakes that I never mention, believe it or not. Are you a bit dyslexic or something? (I'm serious, not being snarky here at all. Just wondering.)

I didn't correct spelling. I corrected the use of a word.:cool2:

No, I am not dyslexic. I just don't pay a great deal of attention to my spelling on AD. I have to be exacting in all of my professional communications, and have no desire to do that here.

We won't go into a discussion of the mistakes, not necessarily spelling, that you make, though.:cool2:

Ah, so you are as uninformed as StSapphire about medieval notions of morality. At least he admitted it. :lol:

Nope. This proposal has virtually nothing to do with medieval notions of morality. It has to do with the conservative right and the direct correlation to their imposition of their particular religious values into areas where they don't belong.

One gets HIV virus from an AIDS-infected person, not AIDS.

Maybe you won't believe me, but in some prisons there were cases (rumors, really) of unmanageable prisoners in the medical ward being given shots of blood from those with AIDS, and they died rather quickly. For some reason, I believe the stories.

Maybe you won't believe me, but in some prisons there were cases (rumors, really) of unmanageable prisoners in the medical ward being given shots of blood from those with AIDS, and they died rather quickly. For some reason, I believe the stories.

I remember when the AIDS scare first broke out in the 80s, there was this story circulating about a man who held up a bank by threatening to stab people with a needle filled with AID-infected blood. Never found out if that was true or not.

I would really, seriously, doubt that, absent verifiable proof.

Although it is definitely true that AIDS does spread thoughout prison populations, it is more likely due to sharing dirty needles (no access to bleach), and homosexual sex, either through forcible rape or consensual sex.

AIDS in Prisons - Editorial - NYTimes.com

I would really, seriously, doubt that, absent verifiable proof.

Although it is definitely true that AIDS does spread thoughout prison populations, it is more likely due to sharing dirty needles (no access to bleach), and homosexual sex, either through forcible rape or consensual sex.

AIDS in Prisons - Editorial - NYTimes.com

Oh please. I know half the rapes are from staff members. Oh well.

Back