Laptop Stolen from NTID with Personal Information of Thousands of Us

a valid assumption because usually people, like you, would post in and ask if something didn't made sense. as well as in a response of your question.

what you quoted is incompete; inaccurate, but you could ask. you'll have to re-read my original.. like, where did I said it has something to do with stolen laptop? (read: it's scary to think) ....

by the way, who are you? only 23 posts and I don't even know what your username means. :)

Is this the original quote you're referring to ?:

WITHOUT our permission?? that's such none of their business. our lives don't always apply to amount of RIT education we got ...geez.

I just got the letter as well and read the whole thing here.. was on vacation for a month. I only can hope the theif hasn't gotten to my name yet (starts with a letter in end of alphabet - unless it's in order of first name which starts in the beginning or the year of enrollment) and will be going to make long-dragging calls soon (you know how relay is); something to do while bedridden!

and it says it even holds info since 1968 too? :shock: it's scary to think all who has been accessed to that very laptop at the job also - highly doubt the same employee who have been working there for 40 or so years - can't guarantee, not all people are good. we still should check and put on fraud alerts for any reason anyway...always. thankfully I was there for only a year recently. and my bank has been doing it for free.

still, confidentiality on a laptop? *shakes my head* ...

Then you're still not making sense. The number of employees there were during the time you were at the school has nothing to do with "who could have stolen the laptop". Since the laptop was just stolen last month.

Again, anyone here perhaps understood what she meant and care to explain it further here ?

and you are still not reading me right. :shock:

I never said that. you're changing the view of my post.

because you're not answering my question, never mind you. so, before you say I am not too, the answer is right there in my posts.

continue begging your question to be answered or ask someone who can logically, with patience, explain you ... if you'd like to continue playing this game, we should be taking this to PMs, I'll be more than glad to explain there.

adios.

the other day I received a letter from the credit bureau and telling me the information was wrong will contact my credit card company to correct it. Dang I hope whoever stole the laptop didnt change my information otherwise I will be HYAH that person.

and you are still not reading me right. :shock:

I never said that. you're changing the view of my post.

because you're not answering my question, never mind you. so, before you say I am not too, the answer is right there in my posts.

continue begging your question to be answered or ask someone who can logically, with patience, explain you ... if you'd like to continue playing this game, we should be taking this to PMs, I'll be more than glad to explain there.

adios.

Ok, so you're saying that if there were less employees during the time you were in school, less employees had access to your personal information that could possibly be in the computer or laptop ?

the other day I received a letter from the credit bureau and telling me the information was wrong will contact my credit card company to correct it. Dang I hope whoever stole the laptop didnt change my information otherwise I will be HYAH that person.

Sorry to hear that. It could simply be that the credit bureau had your previous address in it or something. Let's hope that's the case for your sake. Good luck !

Ok, so you're saying that if there were less employees during the time you were in school, less employees had access to your personal information that could possibly be in the computer or laptop ?
no.

Then what is it that you're saying ? Where does the "number of employees during the time you were up in school" factor into the discussion ? What does that have to do with the stolen laptop ? Another member in this thread commented where he or she said that he or she thinks that the person who stole the laptop could have been the following:

Or an employee of NTID who isn't getting paid enough....

Then you started talking about the number of employees there were during the time you were in school.

Where is the 2 + 2 put together in there ?

Hi,

Anyone else receive the letter from RIT stating "RIT is offering a free membership to help ensure your private information is protected"?

For starters, I'm wondering what's the catch?

Hi,

Anyone else receive the letter from RIT stating "RIT is offering a free membership to help ensure your private information is protected"?

Not yet... when did you receive it?

Hi,

Free membership to what?

Ok, I received the letter yesterday on 11/28.

And to answer your question they are offering you a "free one-year membership in a credit monitoring product named Experian Triple Alert. Triple Alert will monitor your credit reports at Experian, Equifax and TransUnion, which are the three national credit reporting companies".

Still, I'm wondering what's the catch on R.I.T's part?

And to answer your question they are offering you a "free one-year membership in a credit monitoring product named Experian Triple Alert. Triple Alert will monitor your credit reports at Experian, Equifax and TransUnion, which are the three national credit reporting companies".

Maybe rectifying an embarrassment on their part?????

Umm... I think it's already free.

I already had my name and number put on the list under all 3 companies for free.

Yes, I got letter from RIT about other incident of 3 laptops stolen on compus again grrr. It said that RIT offer former and current students free membership for credit monitoring from experian triple alert.

I can't get rest until they will catch them for that quickly. sigh...

Back