Laptop Stolen from NTID with Personal Information of Thousands of Us

I think free for 90 days only, not for a whole year?

you are right. the membership free for 90 days not one year. I am not sure that after 90 days, you must pay for it or not.

Yes, I got letter from RIT about other incident of 3 laptops stolen on compus again grrr. It said that RIT offer former and current students free membership for credit monitoring from experian triple alert.

I can't get rest until they will catch them for that quickly. sigh...

What? 3 more laptops were stolen? When did you get that letter? And when did those 3 laptops supposedly got stolen? :shock:

If so, it means we need to update credit report by next month (90 days expiring from last Sept.)... means we have to pay to extend it unless it's true that RIT offers a free year subscription.

Didn't receive the letter yet but maybe we ought to check RIT website and find out?

What? 3 more laptops were stolen? When did you get that letter? And when did those 3 laptops supposedly got stolen? :shock:

My letter dated yesterday, Nov. 29. It stated that 3 laptop computers were stolen from a locked storage area on the compus between Nov. 7 and 14. They did reported it to the sheriff on Nov. 17.

It awful !

What do you mean it getting old?

Meaning.... that the first stolen laptop was announced sometime in August and now there are reports of 3 more laptops stolen......

It's getting old.

I am starting to wonder if NTID/RIT really takes security serious enough......

With all those educated people on campus--wouldn't someone come up with a better security plan??

Or is our personal information being kept by ADT? :roll:

Well, so far, I only heard of one person receiving this letter about 3 more laptops being stolen. I checked the R.I.T site, they're currently down for maintenance.

Kiddingly aside. I'm still waiting to see if anyone else has mentioned that they also received this letter, stating that supposedly 3 more laptops had been stolen. By the way, the R.I.T site is still down. :roll:

Kiddingly aside. I'm still waiting to see if anyone else has mentioned that they also received this letter, stating that supposedly 3 more laptops had been stolen. By the way, the R.I.T site is still down. :roll:

I received the letter and they are paying for one year free membership for Triple Alert. It comes with directions on how to apply for the free membership as well as your activation code.

Once that is processed-it takes a couple of days for Triple Alert to get your information together.

The letter does not mention anything about the 3 laptops being stolen from RIT and that could be hearsay

it's up now

Meaning.... that the first stolen laptop was announced sometime in August and now there are reports of 3 more laptops stolen......

It's getting old.

I am starting to wonder if NTID/RIT really takes security serious enough......

With all those educated people on campus--wouldn't someone come up with a better security plan??

Or is our personal information being kept by ADT? :roll:

Dunno but I'm glad that I don't go there. Never liked it even when I did (briefly).

Yes, I got letter from RIT about other incident of 3 laptops stolen on compus again grrr. It said that RIT offer former and current students free membership for credit monitoring from experian triple alert.

I can't get rest until they will catch them for that quickly. sigh...

I may be mistaken here. But I'm beginning to think that the above claim of 3 more laptops being stolen is beginning to look a little fishy.

So far, this is just about the only source I know of that mentioned such a letter? There was also no mention about it in the R.I.T / NTID website?

Are you sure the letter was read more carefully? And it wasn't simply the same "12-month Triple Alert" letter that some of the others and myself have received as mentioned in this thread?

Back