Laptop Stolen from NTID with Personal Information of Thousands of Us

I may be mistaken here. But I'm beginning to think that the above claim of 3 more laptops being stolen is beginning to look a little fishy.

So far, this is just about the only source I know of that mentioned such a letter? There was also no mention about it in the R.I.T / NTID website?

Are you sure the letter was read more carefully? And it wasn't simply the same "12-month Triple Alert" letter that some of the others and myself have received as mentioned in this thread?
I just received that same letter as well.

I received that same letter for the 12-month Triple Alert yesterday. I signed up for it already today. Might as well take advantage of it if it's gonna be free for the next 12 months. And I have not heard a thing about 3 more laptops being stolen - I find that fishy as well. I'm sure security has been tightened after the first laptop was stolen. All of this has cost RIT/NTID a lot of money as it is.

I may be mistaken here. But I'm beginning to think that the above claim of 3 more laptops being stolen is beginning to look a little fishy.

So far, this is just about the only source I know of that mentioned such a letter? There was also no mention about it in the R.I.T / NTID website?

Are you sure the letter was read more carefully? And it wasn't simply the same "12-month Triple Alert" letter that some of the others and myself have received as mentioned in this thread?

I'm noticing that it just alerts you if there is anything going on with your credit. If you want to see your credit report--you have to pay for it. Oh well---nothing in life is free. :lol:

Well, then what's the update regarding that supposedly 3 more laptops had been stolen? Does anyone know?

My letter dated yesterday, Nov. 29. It stated that 3 laptop computers were stolen from a locked storage area on the compus between Nov. 7 and 14. They did reported it to the sheriff on Nov. 17.

It awful !
Well, since no one has followed up on it nor has anyone else claimed that they also received such a letter, it's possible that the letter wasn't more carefully. Hope you didn't state the above on purpose for kicks or something?

Back